Pokemon Black/White and Black2/White2

Hawkeye

So after getting back into the series with X, I decided to go back and give gen 5 a try. Basically, I'm wondering if I should play one of black/white and one of black2/white2, or if I should just play one of the second set or just one of the first. Are there enough differences to warrant multiple playthroughs? Are black2/white2 like the usual third game in a generation (yellow, crystal, etc)? Any opinions would be appreciated.

I also lost interest in Pokemon by RSE and got back into it with BW2. BW2 has its own story distinct from BW1 but most importantly it features the pre-Unova mons we all know and love (some of them anyway; the Zubats are back in some caves aaaah).

Play Black/White then Black2/White2. Aside from being the chronological order, if you game sync Black/White to GTS then game sync Black2/White2 then you unlock more content, which is sweet. The story on the former is amazing too Black2/White2's story was eh but iirc it was a bit more challenging

Play Black/White then Black2/White2. Aside from being the chronological order, if you game sync Black/White to GTS then game sync Black2/White2 then you unlock more content, which is sweet.

What does this mean? Also, thanks for the replies everyone!

What does this mean? Also, thanks for the replies everyone!

During your experience with Black2/White2 you will get flash backs about the previous game from different perspectives and stuff. That's all I remember from the top of my head. It explores the storyline though and I like it

BW2 is like the third version of BW1, so it's pretty much universally better.

You don't miss much of anything in the storyline either, so if you can only get one, don't fret.

Edited by Professor Palutena