Reclassing is terrible...

even with Awakening's "ridiculous stat inflation", it still matters earlygame

also I'm fairly sure if you're speedrunning benchmarks become much more important (surprise surprise!)

you replied with this to my stuff about general vs GK 1point not mattering and brought up earlygame :p

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you replied with this to my stuff about general vs GK 1point not mattering and brought up earlygame :p

just because you don't have a general doesn't mean that one point of speed isn't critical earlygame on, let's say, Sully (I dunno just picking a random character here)

stats do matter a lot early game. Sully is a great example. If you compare her and Stahl, one can be a more lethal unit because of the 1 point higher in speed.

I think reclassing is the main factor with the game replayability, and extends the game's playability life with me by a very high regard. I usually will reclass a unit in their pre-promoted form if their default promotion is my desired class for them.

Stat growths for individual units/characters have increased in Awakening certainly, but don't forget that Awakening uses a higher numbers system for its combat engine. I remember when Hector from FE7 had like 28 DEF and was downright unkillable. Nowadays a lot of endgame NPC units/enemies have 28 or higher and they still get screwed. Higher numbers, but similar mechanics ultimately.

However, back to the topic at hand, yes: Reclassing is very abusable and you can crush all who oppose you in Normal / Hard mode. But no one said it was necessary to do so, and you can totally enjoy the game without it. I personally am revelling in the depth of building my units, that doesn't involve having Ninian blessing all my characters for 10 hours of Arena grinding.

Just my two cents.