Criticals in efficiency environments.

Critz for efficiency playthroughs.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. First action critical after a map save or chapter save?

• Anything under 5% is unacceptable.
    • Anything under 10% is unacceptable.
    • Anything under 15% is unacceptable.
    • Anything under 20% is unacceptable.
    • Anything under 25% is unacceptable.
    • No critical is acceptable.

What criticals are acceptable?

I think 25% chance criticals (after accounting for hit rate using true hit) is acceptable by most people assuming a reset can be done from either a chapter save or a map save. But what about say, 15% chance criticals after a save? What's the lowest the critical can be while still being considered 'reliable'/'efficient'?

Edited by commonguard

I was thinking more along the lines of rig a crit to kill a boss right after a save point or something similar. As in the turn count would not be possible without the crit.

IMHO If you're loading a save (so FE10/11 or Classic Mode in later games) then you're LTCing rather than showcasing a reliable efficient strategy. And with LTCing it mostly depends on how patient you are with trying, ain't got much to prove to anyone else.

I remember ORKOing Lang and a chapter 8 General with Wing Spear Caeda(though she had two chances to crit). I also like to crit the chapter 7 boss with a killer lance. FE12 is very accessible to crits, as the enemies have 0 Luck and you have a save point just before a boss. I´m fine with 10-15%, the game really suggest to do it. Reloading a save 10 times doesn´t add too much time and requires no effort and thinking.

I don´t support the idea of having two crits, though. Having Navarre kill two thieves in chapter 7 H3 is kinda cheap for me. Perhaps a bit hypocritical.

Okay, I guess since you're the only one awake at this hour reading this topic I'll just do as you suggest me to regarding the matter. There is a pretty easy and more or less convenient way to save a Rescue usage in C16. The Geosphere!Thief must be killed to satisfy the conditions of my run. I have 2 options.

A) I can kill this thief either by way of a 2HKO across two turns or have a really strong unit just outright OHKO it if the unit is either danced or rescued to extend its attack range. Whether it is danced or rescued the strategy requires one rescue.

OR

B) I could use a max SPD Falcoknight to ORKO a thief in way (this isn't the crit I need), exposing the Geosphere!Thief to an attack on turn 2. The thief cannot be attacked at melee range so I need to toss a javelin. The crit on the javelin toss is 15 or 16%. There is a map save that can be used on turn 1 to reload from to rig this critical on turn 2.

What should I do?

I don´t support the idea of having two crits, though. Having Navarre kill two thieves in chapter 7 H3 is kinda cheap for me. Perhaps a bit hypocritical.

If you're referring to my C7 clear, I had him crit one of the thieves (the hostile one with the Iron sword drop). The other was just weakened.

Edited by commonguard

I would think your own standards are more important than what anyone else can impose upon you. However, since you asked...if your efficiency/LTC is supposed to be "reliable" as an addition to low turn count then in that scenario anything but a map save/chapter start at 20% or better seems unreasonable to me. If it's planned out LTC I don't think that's really a constraint anyone should feel limited by unless you really want to do it to yourself.

Edited by Irysa