Making a Dedenne

AssassinSevera

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Magikarp for UBERS!

Almost as good as dedenne.

My point being, even the crappiest pokemon out there can win battles. You won some random battles with a dedenne. That doesn't make dedenne good, or even decent.

clearly Quagsire and Shedinja are good for being top tier Kyogre counters

good luck killing something with charge beam LOL

fun fact: Dedenne actually needs a Life Orb to OHKO Gyarados with Charge Beam, after max investment in Sp. Atk

(it should not need mentioning that Gyarados OHKOs back)

Edited by shadykid

clearly Quagsire and Shedinja are good for being top tier Kyogre counters

fun fact: Dedenne actually needs a Life Orb to OHKO Gyarados with Charge Beam, after max investment in Sp. Atk

Fun fact: Of course it wont OHKO Gyarados with Charge Beam, that thing is 50 BP.

good luck killing something with charge beam LOL

You obviously don't know anything about leaving the oponnent's pokemon with damage, then when my pokemon dies, i send out Dedenne and use Charge Beam.

good offensive Pokemon can actually kill stuff with low BP moves if they exploit 4x weaknesses, especially with STAB (Scizor could tear a hole through Carbink with Bullet Punch, which is already much better than Dedenne could ever hope for, and obviously swapping something like Jolteon is a clean OHKO too)

the fact that Dedenne can't kill something with garbage special bulk shows how bad it is

good offensive Pokemon can actually kill stuff with low BP moves if they exploit 4x weaknesses, especially with STAB (Scizor could tear a hole through Carbink with Bullet Punch, which is already much better than Dedenne could ever hope for, and obviously swapping something like Jolteon is a clean OHKO too)

the fact that Dedenne can't kill something with garbage special bulk shows how bad it is

tumblr_mki5v3wvPY1s6f49co1_400_thumb.jpg

K Den

Edited by AssassinSevera

No he isn't

god damn it >_>

seriously though, let's review Dedenne's options:

1. some sort of shoddy attempt at tank, with max HP/defense EV investment and Sitrus Berry and all that

......gets wrecked anyway by something that can hit it at all neutrally (or apparently even when NFE)

2. all-out offense, Pikachu-style

it can OHKO stuff that it can hit with SE Thunderbolt!....so can all the other Pikaclones

this thing can't even get Dazzling Gleam (why?), that's hilariously awful

and as for a certain someone, Tbolt w/o Life Orb 3HKOs Eviolite Gurdurr while it heals up with Drain Punch, so LOL

Edited by shadykid

You obviously don't know anything about leaving the oponnent's pokemon with damage, then when my pokemon dies, i send out Dedenne and use Charge Beam.

That won't actually mean anything against any half-competent player. All but one member of my dumbshit-offense team has the defenses to tank a boosted Charge Beam easily. If you're sacrificing Pokemon to facilitate a Dedenne sweep, realize that Dedenne isn't that fast to begin with.

Also you keep ignoring my posts

Either [...] fight me [...] or accept that people will tend to doubt the defensive abilities of a Pokemon with 67 / 57 / 67 base defenses, susceptibility to every entry hazard, and only five resistances and immunities.

There's not much of an established metagame to begin with, so of course peoples' perceptions on what's good and what isn't are likely to change. But let me remind you that you were the one who initially challenged me and Spaceman Craig to matches. Your apparent refusal to play now (and your three posts with little more than image macros) leads me to think you've conceded the basic point that Dedenne isn't very competitive.

edit: or perhaps you're just chicken?

Edited by Miikaya

fight me

oh hi there Meta Knight, how many time outs have you gotten in Brawl lately :Kappa:

Dedenne is better than you guys think, the meta doesn't mean shit

watch out we got a badass over here, telling us about the meta

if you're trolling, you're not doing a good job at it, if you're not, then battle one of us

There's not much of an established metagame to begin with, so of course peoples' perceptions on what's good and what isn't are likely to change. But let me remind you that you were the one who initially challenged me and Spaceman Craig to matches. Your apparent refusal to play now (and your three posts with little more than image macros) leads me to think you've conceded the basic point that Dedenne isn't very competitive.

edit: or perhaps you're just chicken?

I already said i'm not going on Pokemon Online

oh hi there Meta Knight, how many time outs have you gotten in Brawl lately :Kappa:

watch out we got a badass over here, telling us about the meta

if you're trolling, you're not doing a good job at it, if you're not, then battle one of us

I want to battle you but I don't have your "friend" code

His refusal to play on Showdown stems from the apparently incorrectly implemented mechanics of Cheek Pouch. Not like it would make any difference when 0 EVed Gastrodon OHKOs.

Edited by Miikaya

I am aware. You never answered why you were so opposed to using downloadable software. Why, it's even open-source.

Because usually downloadable things have viruses, so I'll stick to Pokemon Showdown

So now why dont we all go on Pokemon Showdown and battle? My username is ElectricApples, tell me yours and the server you are in and i'll battle