Unnamed Mafia (anon) - Game Over

Grace

• Replies 612
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright mod intervention time

1) Please attempt to be more civil.

2) If you have a problem with how a player or players are acting, bring it up in your Role PM preferably. I will attempt to sort out the issue without making a big fuss about it.

carry on.

Grillmaster, you are not proven to be town. You can see your own role PM, but the rest of us can't. You are not proven town to the rest of us, and I see no reason why I should believe this. You're going to have to explain why you take issue with Beethoven's votes on Iketani and Dragonite, why you think his claim was awkward, and whatever else you don't like about him because right now I think he's townier than you.

Regarding "night action shenanigans", all we know is that IT could not have stopped the kill on N1 if he's being truthful because Dragonite was town. Which means if Beethoven and you are telling the truth, either scum tried to kill you or you tried to take the kill. You're going to have to convince me that he's the liar and not you (or that scum tried to kill you), and vice versa for him.

Also, there is a very high probability that I will literally not be around for the rest of today, so don't be surprised if this is my last post in a while.

Eiki, everyone's cases on me either went away D2 or appeared on D3 due to rolespec, except for Fluffy's (as far as I can tell anyway). So I don't really have that much to say about myself. All I was noting about Beethoven's votes on Ike and Dragonite were that he was on both of the mislynch wagons. I thought his claim was awkwardly timed because it came at a time when it didn't really do anything, compared to outing it earlier when it could have actually affected the lynch if he really thought I was scum. And I get waiting to out in order to see what else happens, but then not waiting a whole day is weird.

Anyway, just because my post started off with "FMPOV" doesn't mean that I was assuming others would be acting as if I was proven town. But the best I can do is to state my case and let the chips fall where they may; what else do you expect?

My point WRT the night kill was that IT could have stopped the kill N2, not N1.

Eiki, if you're around in time to change your night action, you should tailor me tonight (and future nights if we're both alive), because I've already been scanned by the only investigative role that claimed. Then Reinbach could scan Hot Wheels and see if he's really Miller.

we have no idea how miller and rolecop interact. my role PM just says that I scan as mafia to cop reports but idk. personally I'd advocate a beethoven or eiki shiki inspect, and I'd have you protect reinbach.

insane, who do you think is scum if you think beethoven is town despite his push against you and if I'm also a townread?

not sure if I said this or not but I think eiki and beethoven are most likely to be scum from the fluffy flip because fluffy's inclusion of nars on lynch priorities felt like distancing sort of.

also beethoven never actually pushed fluffy much at all after a very early d1 vote against him. he said a little about why fluffy was bad on d2 but chose dragonite over him there, and then on d3 only voted fluffy after it was sort of the consensus to go for him over grillmaster. also funny that he needed a summary on fluffy when fluffy was a somewhat consistent "scumread" of his. why wasn't he paying more attention to fluffy's posts?

(I have all actions and I feel like just starting phase early #goodhosting)

Another day, another headcount with none missing.

God. Talk about lazy mafia, they haven't even killed anyone yet!

It is now Day Four. You have 48 hours to decide on a lynch. With 6 alive, it takes 4 to hammer.

you should know i'm not mafia bidoof reinbach

okay, this is weird now that a mafia is confirmed. it was lylo yesterday at 7p. if it was 4/3, it would be 4/2 today, except it's not mylo. maybe we have a 3p mafia that can only kill every other night? their kill was blocked n1, and then they couldn't kill on n2, which is why it wasn't mylo on d2 even at 5/3. then it was blocked again last night and they can't kill again tonight so it's not mylo even at 4/2. it's kind of iffy but the best explanation I can think of?

beethoven/grillmaster whom did you target?

I protected IT, for the third time in a row. (Seemed to work the first two.)

I think setup is 6/3 with no night kill at all. That would explain why it's not MYLO at 4/2 today, and why it wasn't MYLO at 5/3 on D2. Of course, that makes my role completely useless, so maybe Hot Wheels is right about an odd-night kill. In any case, I think since it was 7-man LYLO, it must have been 4/3 and we should work with that assumption.

I wanna lynch Beethoven or Eiki Shiki today. But I'm not actually having really stron scumreads on anyone at this point, just sorta vibes (plus PoE and then there's also Hot Wheels' point about Beethoven's interaction with Fluffy, but Beethoven claims much the same thing about IT, so ehhh)

Overall priority:

Beethoven > Eiki Shiki > IT = Reinbach > Hot Wheels

Things that are setting me off about Beethoven: votes on Ike and Dragonite; taking issue with my late-D2 post that there were clear consolidation targets; awkwardly-timed roleclaim in a game where non-info roles can't be proven or even really self-verified due to no night results.

Best case 2013.

Also Beethoven claimed to have jailed IT N2, but IT hooked now-confirmed scum N2 which could explain the no-kill. Jailer could just be made-up since nobody will know if they were roleblocked.

Why do you assume IT actually hooked? Why can't I have blocked him and stopped a Scum!IT from going on the kill? Why can't IT have faked roleblocker in a game where non-info roles can't be proven? Why do you "analyze" Fluffy's posts and then discard the results? You say you assume as many of Fluffy's reads are wrong as possible and his strongest Townread was IT. Why then do you presume IT is the Towniest of your bucket list regardless? This doesn't make sense and contradicts yourself. Why is that much more likely that I set up a Jailer fakeclaim on my second post in the game than that I am actually being honest about it?

I'm pretty sure IT's only on your scum bucket list as prettyfication of the list, as if you truly believed Reinbach and Hot Wheels were Townies, you wouldn't have Doc'd one of your scumreads. Just admit you are so sure IT is Town you would not lynch him under any circumstance. Because that way, you can tell yourself you correctly used your doctor role on Night One. Eh, whatever, all my efforts this entire game have been ignored and passed off as not worth reading so whatever, go lynch me and then eat the foot you jammed up your mouth so far. It's going to be a sobering experience for you, I can promise you that.

IT is still scum as per what I wrote before. His defense being personal attacks and blaming me for not wanting to play the game are just appeals to emotion and acting like legitimate scum. Trying to make me feel bad and like a villain for playing the game is more scummy than anything he's done before.

Okay. First things first. Beethoven and IT, sort out whatever stupid shit you two have with each other and stop making each other feel bad, because you two are making me mad and you're probably making everyone else uncomfortable too.

Shiki: The end of D2 waffle refers to you leaving your options open wrt Dragonite/Fluffy which is especially convenient if one of them is a scumbuddy and you don't have to commit to either a bus or defense, since then you can just say "but I suspected both!!!". For somebody who suspected Fluffy you were lackadaisical about hammering him both days, as well.

Either you are misusing the word "waffle" or what you're saying is not what I'm interpreting it as. I already explained at the end of D2 that with regards to Fluffy and Dragonite, I hit the wall with both of them and I was at the point where I was at a loss for who was the scummiest, but all I knew was that I wanted one lynched. In my book, that's not waffling. This is closer to waffling:

I wanna lynch Beethoven or Eiki Shiki today. But I'm not actually having really stron scumreads on anyone at this point, just sorta vibes (plus PoE and then there's also Hot Wheels' point about Beethoven's interaction with Fluffy, but Beethoven claims much the same thing about IT, so ehhh)

Or in other words "I want to lynch X or Y, but I don't really have any strong scum reads. Also, there's this but there's also that."

And as for not wanting to hammer FP, I am a person who gets very, very angry when people hammer early. Especially if I am not around and would have been present at the normal deadline. Therefore, I don't like to early hammer when I am present. Not being fond of early hammers isn't a scum tell.

Right now, I think it is most likely that the remaining scum is between Beethoven, Grillmaster, IT, and me. I'm not too concerned with Reinbach right now (but why would you scan the miller? >_>) and Hot Wheels is still a town read. I know I'm not scum, so I'll reread the other three sometime before phase ends and place a vote on whoever I think is scummiest.

sorry not feeling well rn

grillmaster is town off the fluffy flip. I don't think that the mafia would kill insane when the similar claims make it easily possible that there's scum between him, grillmaster and beethoven. eiki also makes little sense as a kill target, and as both insane and beethoven targeted them, I think them being scum makes most sense.

##vote: eiki shiki

(1) Why do you assume IT actually hooked? (2) Why can't I have blocked him and stopped a Scum!IT from going on the kill? (3) Why can't IT have faked roleblocker in a game where non-info roles can't be proven? (4) Why do you "analyze" Fluffy's posts and then discard the results? (5) You say you assume as many of Fluffy's reads are wrong as possible and his strongest Townread was IT. Why then do you presume IT is the Towniest of your bucket list regardless? This doesn't make sense and contradicts yourself. (6) Why is that much more likely that I set up a Jailer fakeclaim on my second post in the game than that I am actually being honest about it?

(7) I'm pretty sure IT's only on your scum bucket list as prettyfication of the list, as if you truly believed Reinbach and Hot Wheels were Townies, you wouldn't have Doc'd one of your scumreads. (8) Just admit you are so sure IT is Town you would not lynch him under any circumstance. Because that way, you can tell yourself you correctly used your doctor role on Night One. Eh, whatever, all my efforts this entire game have been ignored and passed off as not worth reading so whatever, go lynch me and then eat the foot you jammed up your mouth so far. It's going to be a sobering experience for you, I can promise you that.

(9) IT is still scum as per what I wrote before. His defense being personal attacks and blaming me for not wanting to play the game are just appeals to emotion and acting like legitimate scum. Trying to make me feel bad and like a villain for playing the game is more scummy than anything he's done before.

1. I don't; I meant his claimed action.

2. You could have, I was just raising an alternative possibility.

3. He could have.

4. I didn't discard the results, I drew contradicting results and made a choice about which ones to trust.

5. I'm not sure whether to interpret that particular line as trying to throw suspicion off IT or to buddy up to a townie. I guess I don't see even FP being that heavyhanded to defend a scumbuddy--especially when there's no suspicion in the first place--so I think it's more likely to be buddying. When I said that I expected as many of Fluffy's reads to be wrong, I obviously didn't expect him to read every town player as scum and every scum player as town, I thought he'd still probably get the numbers right-ish, so all his scum reads would be town and all scum would be town reads. I put IT as 3rd of 5 on my list, so I'm not sure where you're getting at about finding him towniest.

6. I hadn't realized your crumb came so early. You could have been given a jailer fakeclaim, I guess, but I suppose it's more likely that you're telling the truth about what your role is. Still, there's no way to verify that you're doing what you say with your role. (I'd be sure to crumb a mod-given fakeclaim early; it's just a good idea.)

7. There has been no kill the first two nights. Why should I protect someone different? I believe IT is more likely to be town than scum, and there's been no kill. So even if I have stronger townreads, I don't see why I should protect someone else.

8. I really don't like this tone. It's mean and nasty without cause, and an appeal to emotion. Get off your high horse. I think you're making up the thing about people dismissing your reads, too.

9. I don't really agree with your case on IT. I agree that his thing about claiming to be confirmed town is kind of weird, but he probably wouldn't do it unless he genuinely thought it was true FYPOV, so I see it as null. Your point about his Ike vote only looks scummy if he's scum and the townie interpretation of just not finding FP scummy is fine. Your analysis of IT's N1 content includes the phrase "if fluffy were your scumbuddy, wouldn't YOU want to bus him?" which actually seems like a scummy thing to say IMO. I flat-out disagree with your interpretation of his Eiki Shiki vote, which seems fine to me and his Fluffy lynch comment also has an obvious townie interpretation. You find him scummy for calling to lynch someone who flipped scum, which is just strange (and scummy IMO). If you think it's a bus, why does it look like a bus *more* than a genuine scumhunting attempt?

Overall, I think that your wall of text explaining why IT is scummy actually makes you look worse than him. I'll keep my vote on you for now.

Feeling weird about Eiki Shiki's "I think it is most likely that the remaining scum is between Beethoven, Grillmaster, IT, and me." Why would you even put yourself in that conversation to begin with? FYPOV you know you're not scum... unless you don't.

I know from my POV that I'm not scum, but I can't argue things that are only obvious to me from my POV to convince everyone else to lynch who I want. (You'll only get people mad that way. Believe me, I know.) From my POV, I'm not scum. But from the general POV, I could be scum. No points for guessing from which perspective that paragraph in question is in.

Well, you didn't actually make any general-POV statements in that paragraph. You said you had a town read on Hot Wheels and weren't too concerned about Reinbach, and would reread me/Beethoven/IT later. The only part that is arguably general-POV is the part where you say that scum remains among the four of us.

Edited by The Grillmaster

Ugh, I meant "sentence", not paragraph. I hate words. The sentence in question was in the general POV. The rest of it was from my POV. It still doesn't change my point. (Also don't edit your posts man.)