Which one?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. choose

• Alan
    • Samson
    • Don't care
    • They both suck

Probably a pointless poll, but...

People say it is impossible to get every character in one playthrough. Many people immediatly think of the Gaiden chapters when they hear this, but most forget about Samson and Alan, you can only get one... so whch one do you choose?

Personally, I don't really care, as they both get surpassed by others in their class. At least Samson dosn't have to compete with Navarre and Raddy anymore...

I thought up a random conversation about this:

Marth approaches villages

Mysterious voice: Marth... there may be times on this journey where you must lose something in order to gain something. coughGaidenChapterscough. This trial will prepare you for such an event... you must choose: Samson or Alan.

Marth: Actually, they both suck.

Voice: You have chosen... wisely. (fades)

On a more serious note, I thought it would be interesting if you had to fight whoever you didn't choose later on, as the village conversation mentions the neighbours being 'on bad terms with eachother'

(unfortunatly, killing Alan this way would cause a TIME PARADOX!)

Edited by Big Klingy

I've never been a fan of Alan. Like, at all. I despise him. And Samson, he's got blue armour. And hair. I <3 blue. And I <3 heroes.

So. yeah. Samson.

I've only gotten Alan once before, so I think I'll get him when I finally get around to playing FE DS. I don't like doing the same thing over and over again.

I would choose Samson,if you choose to raise him,his Strength and Defence averager are the same as Alan,but he gets like 4 more Speed and Skill,I'm also pretty sure the other stats are close,plus he uses axes, and Axes>Lances.Besides,Alan is let down by the fact that we get a better paladin of the same name in FE6.

So IMO,Samson would be the superior of the two

Samson is better(stats, axe>lance), just when you look at the big picture it's hard for any of it to really matter because both of them are terrible. Alan gets movement and that's it, dominated by Knight Killer in one hit anyway.

Characters that start unpromoted with low-average growth rates will still turn out way better than them, there's alot more growth potential now that stats rise over 20 upon promotion. For Alan and Samson, they retain practically same stats(can class swap) and growths from FE1, so...

Not really. Alan and Samson are neighbors who literally live right next to each other, and hate one another. Alan used to be a general or something, and Samson, an arena combatant.

Karel kills things, and Harken's looking into his career, all-in-all. Each one has separate requirements, rather than just visiting a house :/

If anything, Alan and Samson resembles Yohan/Yohalva more :/