Hero-King Challenges Fate!

HK Motendra

So its been quite some time now since I last re did the game. I thought I could finally get away from my ultimate file and try something new to spice things up. I've been contemplating it for a couple of weeks but as of right now, I'm committing to it

You heard it from me. I am going to play through the whole game WITHOUT unlocking a single support with ANYONE. Though Chrom might be the only exception if I cant get him to marry the village maiden. Other than that probable case, no pairings in this run. Wish me luck!

Edited by Hero-King

Frederick x Chrom is OTP,this run is un-canon

Will this be like a playlog sort of thing?Or are you just proclaiming all of this to make us aware of your doings?

Heh, interesting

Are you doing updates via pictures, text or video? Simply curious

Not sure how to do screenshots, or videos, so I'm just gonna update on my progress as I go and be open to any suggestions that anyone might have

Frederick x Chrom is OTP,this run is un-canon

Will this be like a playlog sort of thing?Or are you just proclaiming all of this to make us aware of your doings?

Pretty much a playlog. Yes

Cool, this might be interesting; I did something a little similar where I didn't have anyone marry but my Avatar. It shouldn't be very hard at all to get Village girl chan; just pay attention to where you put units (assuming you don't use pair-up) and try not to view any heart icon conversations in the barracks. I've done it a few times already, not a huge problem. Looking forward to hearing your progress! :D

What difficulty are you playing? I usually go for the +Speed/-Luck build on my quick runs, but my personal favorite is +Magic/-Luck or -Strength since I prefer magical builds and classes overall.

Good luck with your essay!

Maybe you could support units just for the S rank and not use them side by side or paired up to have children characters?

I might consider that somewhere down the road, but as of right now, my statement stands

What difficulty are you playing? I usually go for the +Speed/-Luck build on my quick runs, but my personal favorite is +Magic/-Luck or -Strength since I prefer magical builds and classes overall.

Good luck with your essay!

In every file I've done, I always do hard. Ragequit lunatic after CH2.Not doing that anytime soon. First time around, I did +Magic/-Luck cause I like to stay in the base class, which went rather well. Then I did +HP/-Luck, which got me RNG screwed, save for HP

And thank you!

Yay! +Magic/-Luck is best build! :D

I'll stay tuned for tomorrow then!

Personally, I'd disagree, primarily because I don't like having Luck as the flaw. But as it's his run, he can do what he wants.

Personally, I'd disagree, primarily because I don't like having Luck as the flaw. But as it's his run, he can do what he wants.

I dunno, I just never seem to see as much use for luck as much as the other stats....and it doesn't give any negatives on the stats that I actually care about. But, to each their own I guess...

Edited by Silver Lightning

I dunno, I just never seem to see as much use for luck as much as the other stats....and it doesn't give any negatives on the stats that I actually care about. But, to each their own I guess...

Well, if you rely on Armsthrift, it's shooting yourself in the foot, for one. And second, as he's not supporting, enhanced crit and Anathema are going to be an even bigger issue than usual. Also, a Luck flaw cuts into your mag growth. And I'm one of those who really hates having to restart because the enemy landed a critical hit that became fatal. I personally prefer a Skill flaw.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Well, if you rely on Armsthrift, it's shooting yourself in the foot, for one. And second, as he's not supporting, enhanced crit and Anathema are going to be an even bigger issue than usual. Also, a Luck flaw cuts into your mag growth. And I'm one of those who really hates having to restart because the enemy landed a critical hit that became fatal. I personally prefer a Skill flaw.

Hmm, I suppose. I dunno about him, but I don't particularly rely or even use Armsthrift since I'm rolling in gold to buy weapons even on Hard mode with the golden gaffe DLC, so I put more useful skills on in the slots available. Skill flaw is usually the other flaw I use most, but I dunno, I tend to still do swimmingly with Luck flaw (and I don't tend to use pair-up lately either so as to make things more challenging). Maybe its just me.

• 4 weeks later...