Super Mario 3D World Is awesome

Jedi

Spoilering since VincentASM considered it a spoiler when it was mentioned in another thread:

I've gotten quite far into the game, and unlocked Rosalina. She has the same running speed as Peach (I even got my brother to help me compare speeds in multiplayer) and the Star Spin is insanely useful since it's both an attack and an extra jump (especially in regular/small mode). Supposedly, Rosalina's jump height is on par with Luigi's according to the Mario Wiki, though I have yet to do side by side comparisons with the other characters' jumps and see if it's true. This is really making me want Rosalina playable in SSB4 now.

Spoiler stuff aside, the later levels of the game get really hectic and fun, especially the final boss. I especially liked the theme of World 8. I wonder if there'll be any levels of that theme in SSB4.

I'm sure hoping so. I wonder how recent Sakurai will go regarding game representation. I mean, will upcoming games like Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Yarn Yoshi get representation in SSB4? I mean, they truncated Super Mario Galaxy representation from Brawl (though I find it reasonable and don't blame them for cutting a game that recent) since it was too recent and the game development was supposedly wrapped up during the time SMG was released.

Ah... getting off topic. Well, a lot of the things I'm wanting to post about Super Mario 3D World will have to go in spoilers:

Since people posted their favourite Super Mario 3D World songs, I thought I'd post one of my favourites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LvZKeO34PA

I thought that should be in spoilers since the game tricks you into thinking World Castle (World 7) is the final world for the main game when there's actually a World Bowser (World 8).

And I did jump comparisons with Rosalina. Luigi jumps higher than her and Mario and Peach's jump height are the same as hers, though she's slightly more floaty than Mario and Peach (she lands 1/4th or 1/5th of a second after Mario), not taking Rosalina's spin or Peach's float into account.

Edited by Randoman

I've been playing this with my brothers, and one thing that really irks me is that all players share lives instead of each player having their own amount of lives (like in the NSMB games).

Other than this, I'm finding this game to be really fun.

I've been playing this with my brothers, and one thing that really irks me is that all players share lives instead of each player having their own amount of lives (like in the NSMB games).

Other than this, I'm finding this game to be really fun.

I don't find it too irritating considering just how many lives the game throws at you, and this way you can't have less experienced players be taken out of the action via gameovers like NSMB stuff so it keeps it more fun, if that makes sense

I don't find it too irritating considering just how many lives the game throws at you

I haven't exactly been inundated with extra lives whilst playing the game...

and this way you can't have less experienced players be taken out of the action via gameovers like NSMB stuff so it keeps it more fun, if that makes sense

NSMB has continues so that that doesn't happen.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

NSMB has continues so that that doesn't happen.

They still get taken out of the action in the level they lose all their lives on.

I haven't exactly been inundated with extra lives whilst playing the game...

Welllll.. Me and my group in the rec room had like 600 lives haha. Our Mario player who owned the game said they were easy to come by before we came along and joined him to play in the game for the first time

• 2 weeks later...

I just completed the game 100% and got 5 Stars on it 2 days ago (getting the last 5 stamps was long rather than hard, except for Champion's Road which felt practically unfair). Champion's Road was ridiculously hard stuff. I must have lost around 200 of my 754 lost lives to that level alone (those disappearing blocks are a killer if you're Toad or Mario). I'm now going for a zero death runthrough on a new file and so far I've unlocked Rosalina with no lives lost.

And on the topic of lives, you might want to see this video for how to farm them insanely easily:

I love this game. It's so well constructed, from start to finish, always finding new ways to surprise me. I'd been playing NSMB for so long, this was like throwing open every window in the house. It's simple enough of a control scheme as it inherits a lot from NSMB, but has the creativity of any other 3D Mario game. I wouldn't mind a big expansive game like Sunshine again someday without the pressure of stage time limits, but this is one of the best Mario titles I've played and certainly the best since Galaxy. In fact I'm tempted to say I like it more just because I get to play as Peach, whose floatiness makes me more comfortable with the platforming. It's kind of a shame that it's not selling that well (a symptom of everything on the WiiU...) but if you have the system, I think this is a must-own more than any other game.

Certainly getting it when I get a Wii U later along with Sonic Lost World, Smash 4 and Hyrule Warriors along with maybe WwHD and Wonderful101.

I hope when I get back to Job Corps I can play it more