[NOW BEING REMADE] Fire Emblem: Phantasmal Crest

ShadielTH

Hello, everyone. I'm kinda new (Well. I've actually been here for... dunno. Some time.), and after a looot of time deciding whether or not I should make a hack, I finally decided to make one. Well, if I didn't you wouldn't be reading this topic right here, would you?

Anyway, how about I stop blabbering about myself and I tell you what I've been working on these past weeks?

Ahem. The name of my hack is Fire Emblem: Phantasmal Crest, and it's a hack based on the FE7 engine. What about the details, you say? Well, that's a fun question.

Story:

The following extract is taken directly from the game's intro:

Ages ago, in a land scarred by disasters, there existed a continent. When the Great Goddess made that continent, she gave it the name of one of her children. Grorand. Men spread their dominion on this continent, and it suffered the same fate as other lands. War... Destruction... Discord... Nothing left alive. When everything was destroyed, dark souls invaded these lands. The Phantoms, so they were called. These dark souls destroyed anything that left standing after the wars.

Legends tell of two great warriors, who extingushed these Phantoms.

The interpretations are different for each person. Some say they were survivors of the wars that ocurred years past. Others say that they were messengers of the Goddess herself. However, two things are certain. What they did, and what their names were. The first one was a girl. Brandishing a radiant blade, and holding a sacred tome. She erradicated the Phantoms of the south part of the continent. Her name... was Celice. The other one was a man. Holding both lance and axe, and riding a great dragon. He cleared the north of the continent. His name... was Undro. When the continent of Grorand was cleared of the malignant Phantoms, the two warriors created their own kingdoms. To protect their continent from any more discord, both warriors asked the Goddess for protection. In response, she gave them the sigil that marked her blessing. The Holy Crests. Across the times, and after the deaths of the great warriors, more kingdoms appeared in this continent.

It is now the year 627... Six kingdoms are present in Grorand. They all lived in peace for many years... However... All that is going to change. The continent of Grorand is about to face another great disaster. Our story begins in the Kingdom of Celice. Here, the heirs are going to be the main protagonists of this great catastrophe. I shall now be telling their journey.

Shall we begin?

Graphics:

Uhm... I'm sure you're going to just see this in the screenshots, and I shouldn't be telling it, but... I'm not very good on the graphics department. I can't sprite at all, and my recolors mostly suck. I tried to do my best, though. On the subject of weapon icons (I fail at that as well), I managed to import successfully most icons from New Mystery of the Emblem and two icons from Awakening. I'd really like if someone could help me with this whole spriting thing. I'm quite bad on mapmaking as well, but I think I'm improving.

Chapters:

Since I don't know how to expand the game's data to add more chapters, I'm only going to use the original chapters already in the game. I think that's a whole... 33 chapters, perhaps? Haven't checked. Also, even though Hector (well, not Hector anymore.) Mode will be unlockable, 'cause I don't know how to prevent that, I don't have any plans for it. Oh. And also the game is Auto-Eliwood Mode and there's no tactician. There will be different main parts across the game (3, I have prepared by now) and I'm planning on some route splits, but first I have to try and see if I can do it, though.

Screenshots:

[spoiler=(OUTDATED) Prologue]01-ChapterName_zps0e1193c0.png02-Ominousvoice_zps6ac10aa6.png03-Draggingpeopleisbad_zps7a1ad889.png04-Objectives_zpsa8d9292e.png05-Battletiem_zps5c160a9e.png06-StatusScreen-AngelaWhiteheart_zpsa3dc07-CharacterDescription-AngelaWhiteheart08-ClassDescription-Princess_zps02ddf64a09-StatusScreen-WillamWhiteheart_zps525810-CharacterDescription-WillamWhiteheart11-ClassDescription-Prince_zpsb7484770.p12-Somepartofthemap_zpse111a4a5.png13-Talkevents_zps2da8e87a.png14-Freshnewicons_zps7625a14c.png15-BattlePalettes_zpsc257459f.png

[spoiler=(OUTDATED) Chapter 1]01-Title_zpsd3bd0c95.png02-Plainnight_zpsddbafbef.png03-legasp_zpsb8c0e2f5.png04-Hecameoutoftheforest_zps65154c1d.png05-yeahsure_zps73292f01.png06-shit_zpsa86f97b1.png07-yayeffectivedamage_zps43372013.png08-PlayableWillam_zpsc576fcfd.png09-Rapier_zps6cf0b396.png10-Onlad01_zpsa5ece4c0.png11-Onlad02_zps26a45677.png12-Mapshowing_zpsae7cc164.png13-pinkhairoverthere_zps250cd693.png14-yayloving_zps3e72c342.png15-Israeldesc_zps36cc166b.png16-yaydesc_zpsf18944bd.png17-yaymoarthings_zpsa6859ea0.png18-didisaymoarthings_zpsef22c3ba.png19-VsOnlad_zps2ac31d7b.png

Videos:

(OUTDATED) Prologue: Training Session

Other Data:

The game will only have two "lord" characters, even though there is another third story-important character, but that one will only retreat if defeated, instead of giving a game over. On another note, new classes... Well, I have plans for the Halberdier and Necromancer, but only if I ever get to successfully importing those map sprites, though. And... Nothing else that I have planned for now, might update this if I think of something.

Credits:

- Most hackers on Serenes Forest, for making all those awesome tutorials that really helped me doing this. Specially Arch and Blazer.

- The Blind Archer, for his incredible Halberdier animation and the Black Beauty Falcoknight animation as well.

- Gabriel Knight, for his weapon icons.

- eCut, Jubby, and Kitty of Time, for their Non-Sacean nomad animation.

- shadowofchaos, for his Auto-Eliwood Mode & No Tactician patch.

- Intelligent Systems, for making the Fire Emblem series. I have a feeling this has been overused.

- You, for actually reading through all this post (you did, right?) and resisting all my useless banter.

And that's all. I'll appreciate any type of constructive feedback about it. Also, don't feel bad if you feel the urge to rage at me because of how bad I recolor things. I know that :P

Edited by ShadielTH

Alright, screenshots, that's a good thing.

If you want to try to improve your spriting and graphics, you should make a thread in the Sprites section and have others give you feedback.

Also, I'm not sure if your first language is English, but

08-ClassDescription-Princess_zps02ddf64a

"Wields greatly a sword." sounds pretty awkward (at least to me, that is). It'd be better if you reworded it, perhaps saying something like, "Greatly wields a sword."

Over all, you seem to know what you're doing for the most part, especially when it comes to editing and changing stuff.

Edited by Rokklaggio

This looks pretty interesting. Maybe try splicing the two main characters, so they aren't just rip-offs of characters from other games. Also, the hair is WAY too black.

Also, don't you think that 32 main chapters is a little much? I mean, just look at Dream of Five. That thing is not even on it's 18 chapter, and it's aiming towards 35 chapters. So, try 24 chapters or something. That's the perfect set of chapters for a strategy game.

Other than that, I agree with Rokklagio: You know what you're doing. That's very good.

Yeah, the recolors are pretty bad. >_< For some rules, you should never use the default MS Paint colors, those are just icky on sprites. And if you're using sprites from both FE7 and FE8, you should only use one game's palette to avoid clashing too much. Do you have a sprite sheet? If you do, it's really easy to pick your palettes from there~

I gave your sprites a recolor in both FE7 and FE8 colors, so you can pick which one you prefer. I did have to alter Eirika's armour a bit to accommodate for the darker color though, because her armour's trim was too light to be paired with a darker color. Eliwood's sharing his eye color with his hair color due to palette limitations too. And once you pick the palettes you want, you'll want to stick with that set of colors for the rest of your sprites too, so FE7 with FE7, and FE8 with FE8.

wEU62X7.png

Edited by Kon

Actually, aim for 5 chapters. Then if you make that, aim for another 5. Also, don't use pure black on mugs ever, use a darkened shade from a different mug. (A'la Kon's advice)

I like that you already know how to insert maps and the like, that's a big first step! I'll be seeing how this thing advances :)

Answering time! I actually like to read every single post I get and answer to every single relevant one, so this can be quite long, sorry.

Alright, screenshots, that's a good thing.

If you want to try to improve your spriting and graphics, you should make a thread in the Sprites section and have others give you feedback.

Also, I'm not sure if your first language is English, but
08-ClassDescription-Princess_zps02ddf64a

"Wields greatly a sword." sounds pretty awkward (at least to me, that is). It'd be better if you reworded it, perhaps saying something like, "Greatly wields a sword."

Over all, you seem to know what you're doing for the most part, especially when it comes to editing and changing stuff.

I've actually been checking the sprites section right now, just for reference.

I'll take your rewording suggestion in mind, thanks! Oh, btw. English is not my first language. Actually, I'm Spanish, so please forgive any mistakes I might make when writing posts (or even on the hack itself, even though I proofread it a lot of times).

This looks pretty interesting. Maybe try splicing the two main characters, so they aren't just rip-offs of characters from other games. Also, the hair is WAY too black.

Also, don't you think that 32 main chapters is a little much? I mean, just look at Dream of Five. That thing is not even on it's 18 chapter, and it's aiming towards 35 chapters. So, try 24 chapters or something. That's the perfect set of chapters for a strategy game.

Other than that, I agree with Rokklagio: You know what you're doing. That's very good.

I've been remaking my chapter setup this morning on the library in my school. I think that 32 chapters is quite a lot indeed, so perhaps I might reduce it a bit. Nothing official yet, of course.

Yeah, the recolors are pretty bad. >_< For some rules, you should never use the default MS Paint colors, those are just icky on sprites. And if you're using sprites from both FE7 and FE8, you should only use one game's palette to avoid clashing too much. Do you have a sprite sheet? If you do, it's really easy to pick your palettes from there~

I gave your sprites a recolor in both FE7 and FE8 colors, so you can pick which one you prefer. I did have to alter Eirika's armour a bit to accommodate for the darker color though, because her armour's trim was too light to be paired with a darker color. Eliwood's sharing his eye color with his hair color due to palette limitations too. And once you pick the palettes you want, you'll want to stick with that set of colors for the rest of your sprites too, so FE7 with FE7, and FE8 with FE8.

wEU62X7.png

My, that is a whole lot of advice. I'm betting you are a good spriter. Anyway, thanks for the suggestions about spriting. I'm actually remaking some (really) bad recolors I had prepared, so that I have them rewamped for Chapter 1. Following your suggestions, I think they are going to be (much) better than my old recolors, thanks!

Actually, aim for 5 chapters. Then if you make that, aim for another 5. Also, don't use pure black on mugs ever, use a darkened shade from a different mug. (A'la Kon's advice)

I like that you already know how to insert maps and the like, that's a big first step! I'll be seeing how this thing advances :)

Yeah, I've been taking things step by step, even if I work much slower than I work in my other projects. Also, I've actually been hacking Fire Emblem for about 1 year, mostly changing things with Nightmare, sometimes importing portraits, animations and changing text with FEditor, so I think I'm quite experienced with all this. Not really, I've actually broken 20 FE7 files just with the map insertion, let alone the event editing.

Phew, all posts have been answered by now. I guess I should give some news, just so that my post doesn't end like this.

I'm actually working right now on Chapter 1 in my hack, so I guess this weekend I might have something, if I don't start being lazy. Cave Story is so damm addicting >_>.

I have plans for releasing my first patch when I finish the first arc of the game, around Chapter 9, I think. By now I have planned that the first arc will have 11 chapters (Prologue, Chapters 1-9 and a Gaiden), but I guess it's too early to be thinking about releasing patches right now.

Anyway, thank you all for your support!

Edited by ShadielTH

Creators of a hack are able to double post in case of updates, right? In case not, please forgive my stupidness.

Anyway, update time!

So, what do I bring you this time, you may ask yourself?

Well, I say, I'm bringing you some new characters, fresh made from chapter 1. (Still recolors though, hoping this ones are muuuch better ._.)

Anyway, images time!

Pre01-Israel_zpsb35d2677.png

Israel here is our little resident mercenary for the early game. His motto in the game is "Hit hard twice". He has good growths in both strength and speed and makes the other avaliable mercenary in the game a little stone in his path. ... Unless you get RNG screwed, that is.

Pre02-Red_zpseeebebae.png

Red is our Red *badumtss* Cavalier for the game. Good luck trying to hit him harder than 3 HP with nothing less than a Silver or S-Rank weapon. However, that high defense makes him quite a literal tank. His speed growth is below-average and will probably get doubled by a lot of enemies.

Pre03-Manu_zpsf990f1a3.png

Manu is your average archer, but with a little quirk. Quite a good skill growth and +15 critical on promotion to Sniper will allow him to do a lot of criticals. Give this guy a Killer Bow and watch miracles happen =D

Pre04-Kairi_zps90487471.png

Did someone say staff-bot? Because I heard someone say staff-bot. Kairi is the last addition to the All-Red Army *shot* and unlike the others she doesn't have anything making her better than the other healer(s) you might get. Actually, she has a quite low staff rank, so you will have to train her a lot if you want to throw Physics away. Oh well. At least she has pink hair. I love pink hair.

Anyway, that's all the new characters you're going to meet in Chapter 1 (except the boss, but I haven't made him yet). So, y'know, give feedback and all that, if you want.

Edited by ShadielTH

Dat defense

The other recolors are better (Red's is meh, but that's because Kent used the same hair color for his armor (I think?)), but this one's hair is sorta weird looking. It kinda hurts my eyes looking at it, so I went ahead and edited it to make it less busy on the eyes.

NOTE: You don't have to use what I'm giving, but if you want then go ahead. I made the hair lighter so I can show you.

gfgAu06.png?2

Notice how the colors don't blend with each other. You want to avoid that. Make sure the lightest hair color is...well, the lightest. The middle one should be a mix of the lightest and darkest palette (i'm referring to these as palettes because Idk what else to call them right now lol.).

So far, the others are alright, I guess.

Edited by Rokklaggio

Dat defense

The other recolors are better (Red's is meh, but that's because Kent used the same hair color for his armor (I think?)), but this one's hair is sorta weird looking. It kinda hurts my eyes looking at it, so I went ahead and edited it to make it less busy on the eyes.

NOTE: You don't have to use what I'm giving, but if you want then go ahead. I made the hair lighter so I can show you.

gfgAu06.png?2

Notice how the colors don't blend with each other. You want to avoid that. Make sure the lightest hair color is...well, the lightest. The middle one should be a mix of the lightest and darkest palette (i'm referring to these as palettes because Idk what else to call them right now lol.).

So far, the others are alright, I guess.

Taken note of this, and you're going to see the changes soon, thanks!

Now onto the updates!

I come fresh with Chapter 1 finished (Well, ALMOST finished, but I have enough done that I can post screens).

These screens will be attached to the main post by the time I finish writing this, but for now, have them right here on this post!

[spoiler=Chapter 1]01-Title_zpsd3bd0c95.png02-Plainnight_zpsddbafbef.png03-legasp_zpsb8c0e2f5.png04-Hecameoutoftheforest_zps65154c1d.png05-yeahsure_zps73292f01.png06-shit_zpsa86f97b1.png07-yayeffectivedamage_zps43372013.png08-PlayableWillam_zpsc576fcfd.png09-Rapier_zps6cf0b396.png10-Onlad01_zpsa5ece4c0.png11-Onlad02_zps26a45677.png12-Mapshowing_zpsae7cc164.png13-pinkhairoverthere_zps250cd693.png14-yayloving_zps3e72c342.png15-Israeldesc_zps36cc166b.png16-yaydesc_zpsf18944bd.png17-yaymoarthings_zpsa6859ea0.png18-didisaymoarthings_zpsef22c3ba.png19-VsOnlad_zps2ac31d7b.png

... I should stop taking so much photos. It's a lot of work...

Anyway, like always, please give feedback and such!

Edited by ShadielTH

things look good, however the map is a bit to plain

i'd try making the river less angular, maybe have it wander, and making the terrain more arrived as the map looks rather bland as it stands now.

Edited by Wintersmith

All right, criticism time. I'm going to go from left to right, then down for the pictures, so:

1, 2, 3,

4, 5, 6,

7, 8, 9,

10, 11, 12,

13, 14, 15,

16, 17, 18,

Like that.

So here we go!

1. How about The Night's Dangers?

2. Remove "plain".

3. How about, "Angela, stop! Someone's coming!"

4. Fine.

5. Fine.

6. Fine.

7. They're the same thing.

8. Fine.

9. Fine.

10. Fine.

11. Fine.

12. Fine.

13. Should be, " ... Except for Ms. Pinkhair, that is."

14. Do this, " Now that you lovebirds are finished, let's go!"

15. Fine.

16. Fine.

17. Fine.

18. Chicken.

19. Do what? THE HARLEM SHAKE!!!???

Also, like what Winter said, the maps to bland. Decrease the size a little bit.

Edited by PixelmanFE

All right, criticism time. I'm going to go from left to right, then down for the pictures, so:

1, 2, 3,

4, 5, 6,

7, 8, 9,

10, 11, 12,

13, 14, 15,

16, 17, 18,

Like that.

So here we go!

1. How about The Night's Dangers?

2. Remove "plain".

3. How about, "Angela, stop! Someone's coming!"

4. Fine.

5. Fine.

6. Fine.

7. They're the same thing.

8. Fine.

9. Fine.

10. Fine.

11. Fine.

12. Fine.

13. Should be, " ... Except for Ms. Pinkhair, that is."

14. Do this, " Now that you lovebirds are finished, let's go!"

15. Fine.

16. Fine.

17. Fine.

18. Chicken.

19. Do what? THE HARLEM SHAKE!!!???

Also, like what Winter said, the maps to bland. Decrease the size a little bit.

1.- That feels better, indeed. Fixed.

2.- Fixed

3.- Fixed

4~12.- yay

13.- Fixed

14.- Fixed

15~18.- yay

19.- My fault for not posting the entire quote. He says this: "You're all idiots! Can't you even deal with some kids?! I'll show you how you're supposed to do it!"

Also, I'm working on a solution for the map problem right now, so perhaps I'll might update the screenshots later.

EDIT: And by "later" I mean "in less than half an hour". Most screenshots replaced. Only the map remains, though.

Edited by ShadielTH

Indeed. Made the gif in a second, while making the characters for chapter 2.

Edited by ShadielTH

Indeed. Made the gif in a second, while making the characters for chapter 2.

(I'll update this post later with new characters)

I always wanted to see a Valkyrie/MageKnight Jeigan in a game... (I guess s/he also have Staff Rank, right ?). that have thepotential to be a true Game Breaker !

I'm even more interrested in this project now.

I always wanted to see a Valkyrie/MageKnight Jeigan in a game... (I guess s/he also have Staff Rank, right ?). that have thepotential to be a true Game Breaker !

I'm even more interrested in this project now.

i figure that if he puts the staff ranks at e and gives her a fairly low magic she should be pretty balanced

While she is not balanced by her stats and ranks, she is balanced by other things. You're going to see it soon, don't worry.

And by soon I mean now.

I did say that I will update this later with new characters, didn't I? Well, I am updating this now. So here are the new characters.

fhmnStu.png

Paula here is our first magical unit of the game, and she comes with one of the two unique classes that come on this chapter! As a Light Mage, Paula can use Light Magic instead of Anima Magic. She has a high skill growth, and that combined with the light tomes natural critical rate, makes her do some pretty powerful criticals. Also, she's goddammed cute, how can you not love her? By the way, there's a really good reason she comes with an Elixir.

yCHMOO2.png

Do I really have to explain how a Pegasus Knight works? I hope not. Claxia is the stereotype of Pegasus Knights. Speedy and squishy, nothing else. However, she does have the same defense and resistance growth, so if you get lucky you might get an anti-all weapons flyer (granted you're giving her the Delphi Shield).

S4ECXVf.png

XELLES SMASHES PUNY UNIT! ... Err... Yeah. Xelles here is almost guaranteed to cap strength and get close to caping skill, thanks to his good growths in both stats. However, you better not use him as a meatshield, since he has one of the lowest defense growths on non-magic units, so if he takes a hit, he's going to take it HARD.

zWSIO85.png

jeiganjeiganjeiganjeiganjeiganjagenjeiganjeiganjeigan. Okay, maybe not. Claire is more the type of unit as Seth or Titania are in their respective games. She's is going to steal experience in the first chapters she appears, but once everyone catches up to her, she can become quite a good unit. That is to say, she has a little special quirk that I will be mentioning later on. Oh. And remember when I said that this chapter introduced to you two unique classes? Claire's Mage Knight class is the other unique class. If Claire dies, you're not going to see a Mage Knight anymore in the game. And like Paula's Elixir, she has a very good reason for that Mend staff.

Now, some details about all these units. In the chapter they first appear, the enemies don't give ANY experience at all. Meaning you won't be able to train anyone. Also, they don't join inmediatly to the army. These characters will have some chapters of hiatus until they defintively join (Paula, Claxia and Xelles don't have much chapters to wait, but Claire doesn't join until the midgame). That's also why their levels are high compared to the average of your party at that point.

And you may be asking yourself: "Why don't they join right after the end of the chapter?".

Well, an image will clearly tell you why, and also give me an excuse to stop calling this chapter Chapter 2.

[spoiler=Don't click if you don't want to know the name of the chapter!]5xIU2GO.png

Anyway, that's all for today! Like always, please give your opinions on the new characters! I'm open to all types of suggestions!

EDIT: Also, question. You think I should try and upload some videos of the chapters once I finish touching them up?

Edited by ShadielTH

If it doesn't take you too much time, chapter recording would be cool, I guess.

Claire is great as a Jeigan, but Mid-Game she may be pretty lacking, honnestly. (depending how long the game are.)

Especially when you compare her to Paula's awesome base stats.

It may be a good idea to raise her Bases or Weapon Rank.

I would guess Paula have ro defend herself alone for an important part of the chapter to justify these bases.

It's interresting that Xelles is supposed to have a great Skill Growth when it's one of its lower starting skill. Can't say I dislike it.

So, except for the risk of Paula being a little too good, and Claire being potentially screwed (mitigated by her amazing class), I don't see any problem.

Also, will there be Valkyrie, and in thiscase, what will they use ?

What will Paula promote into.

If it doesn't take you too much time, chapter recording would be cool, I guess.

Claire is great as a Jeigan, but Mid-Game she may be pretty lacking, honnestly. (depending how long the game are.)

Especially when you compare her to Paula's awesome base stats.

It may be a good idea to raise her Bases or Weapon Rank.

I would guess Paula have ro defend herself alone for an important part of the chapter to justify these bases.

It's interresting that Xelles is supposed to have a great Skill Growth when it's one of its lower starting skill. Can't say I dislike it.

So, except for the risk of Paula being a little too good, and Claire being potentially screwed (mitigated by her amazing class), I don't see any problem.

Also, will there be Valkyrie, and in thiscase, what will they use ?

What will Paula promote into.

There will be Valkyrie, but taking the Sacred Stones route. This means they have Light + Staves.

Paula will promote into a Sage, gaining only Staves.

And the whole base stats thing about Paula and Claire... I'm actually trying to up a little Claire's base stats. And Paula will actually get a reduction on Magic and Speed. Not much, though. She DOES have to survive a little by herself, and I don't want to screw up scripted battles.

While she is not balanced by her stats and ranks, she is balanced by other things. You're going to see it soon, don't worry.

And by soon I mean now.

I did say that I will update this later with new characters, didn't I? Well, I am updating this now. So here are the new characters.

fhmnStu.png

Paula here is our first magical unit of the game, and she comes with one of the two unique classes that come on this chapter! As a Light Mage, Paula can use Light Magic instead of Anima Magic. She has a high skill growth, and that combined with the light tomes natural critical rate, makes her do some pretty powerful criticals. Also, she's goddammed cute, how can you not love her? By the way, there's a really good reason she comes with an Elixir.

yCHMOO2.png

Do I really have to explain how a Pegasus Knight works? I hope not. Claxia is the stereotype of Pegasus Knights. Speedy and squishy, nothing else. However, she does have the same defense and resistance growth, so if you get lucky you might get an anti-all weapons flyer (granted you're giving her the Delphi Shield).

S4ECXVf.png

XELLES SMASHES PUNY UNIT! ... Err... Yeah. Xelles here is almost guaranteed to cap strength and get close to caping skill, thanks to his good growths in both stats. However, you better not use him as a meatshield, since he has one of the lowest defense growths on non-magic units, so if he takes a hit, he's going to take it HARD.

zWSIO85.png

jeiganjeiganjeiganjeiganjeiganjagenjeiganjeiganjeigan. Okay, maybe not. Claire is more the type of unit as Seth or Titania are in their respective games. She's is going to steal experience in the first chapters she appears, but once everyone catches up to her, she can become quite a good unit. That is to say, she has a little special quirk that I will be mentioning later on. Oh. And remember when I said that this chapter introduced to you two unique classes? Claire's Mage Knight class is the other unique class. If Claire dies, you're not going to see a Mage Knight anymore in the game. And like Paula's Elixir, she has a very good reason for that Mend staff.

Now, some details about all these units. In the chapter they first appear, the enemies don't give ANY experience at all. Meaning you won't be able to train anyone. Also, they don't join inmediatly to the army. These characters will have some chapters of hiatus until they defintively join (Paula, Claxia and Xelles don't have much chapters to wait, but Claire doesn't join until the midgame). That's also why their levels are high compared to the average of your party at that point.

And you may be asking yourself: "Why don't they join right after the end of the chapter?".

Well, an image will clearly tell you why, and also give me an excuse to stop calling this chapter Chapter 2.

[spoiler=Don't click if you don't want to know the name of the chapter!]5xIU2GO.png

Anyway, that's all for today! Like always, please give your opinions on the new characters! I'm open to all types of suggestions!

EDIT: Also, question. You think I should try and upload some videos of the chapters once I finish touching them up?

Very nice. This project has a lot of potential, and I like it.

However, I have a problem myself when it comes to the characters.

Every time you introduce a character, you always have the same recolored sprite's class from the vanilla game. I feel as though you should mix up the classes a little. Like make a mercenary an archer or make the fighter a mercenary. Why not take a leap and make new classes for new characters? Like making the archer a new bow class. Or make a knight that uses axes or something.

Now I'm not saying that you should just change everyone's class, but I feel this is a problem that should be addressed...

Edited by PixelmanFE

fhmnStu.png

She's not cute; Nino is you dumbfuck

Ok those starting stats tho you really need to nerf the fuck out of her. Also this:

GV7DwR3.jpg

Yes I made this.

Thumbs up if you notice the butter affinity and recognize what the icon is from.

Very nice. This project has a lot of potential, and I like it.

However, I have a problem myself when it comes to the characters.

Every time you introduce a character, you always have the same recolored sprite's class from the vanilla game. I feel as though you should mix up the classes a little. Like make a mercenary an archer or make the fighter a mercenary. Why not take a leap and make new classes for new characters? Like making the archer a new bow class. Or make a knight that uses axes or something.

Now I'm not saying that you should just change everyone's class, but I feel this is a problem that should be addressed...

Thanks for the idea. I'll take it in mind for the following characters I might make. Also, I think I have a little "custom" class, but I don't know if I should make it or not.

GV7DwR3.jpg

I love this. So much.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I have another project going on and it tends to take most of my time.

In compensation, have a sneak peak:

I5zBim5.png

pbGwCkZ.png

Stay tuned for when I reveal the second chapter and perhaps I'll upload a video!

Also, perhaps you might get a patch :3

Edited by ShadielTH

What chapter is the map going to be in? A big map for an early chapter can be really frustrating. Also, it is pretty bland if you ask me. There's also a height error with the waterfall. Please fix that too.

Also, that description fot the Light Mage makes no sense. At least in my opinion. If you've been blessed by a goddess, wouldn't you be invincible? Is she the only one blessed?

And lastly, why work on another project this early in this game's development?

Can't wait for the release though.

Very much looking forward to this. Only problem I can see is that all the characters are recolours (Not an actual problem, just a pet peeve of mine). But this looks like a lot of fun!