Concept for a new Fire Emblem (fan) game/hack/thing

Topaz Light

Okay so, since this seems to be where things like this usually go, I'm gonna put this here. Mods, do feel free to move this if you find this thread placement unacceptable.

The main characters are the twin princes of a nation that I think is sorta vaguely based on India or something near there. I'm not entirely sure about the meaningless early game chapters, but there's a tower that's said to hold a special power that allegedly grants wishes or perhaps even allows those who possess it to basically become gods, or so various sources would lead one to believe.
The two princes discover that a powerful sorceress has her eye on this power and set out to stop her, something they have to do "unofficially" and without asking for political aid because said sorceress has good publicity (and also isn't nearly as Obviously Evil as, say, Validar is) and a pair of kids telling people "She's up to something villainous" probably would either be dismissed, laughed at or in worst cases even punished.
Throughout this leg of the journey, one of the princes muses that this power must be something truly amazing, and thinks how much he could accomplish and how much he could improve life not only for his own country but for the world with such a power.
The two face off with and successfully slay the sorceress in a fakeout "Final Chapter" (the number of which would not be displayed on the file select and save screens; only the name, to aid in the effect: i.e: Just "Closing the Chronicle" instead of "Chapter #: Closing the Chronicle" or something. Dunno what the final name will be. The following chapters would have their numbers displayed, though, and this fakeout final chapter would be counted as the number that would logically be attributed to it.)
I am not sure precisely how this happens, but I know that their father dies at some point prior to what happens next:
Hearing of worrying movements back home, one of the princes (the one who wasn't musing about the legendary power) heads back to investigate, only to find that his twin brother, who has taken the throne in their father's absence, is readying his troops to go to war with the nation in whose territory the legendary tower falls.
I haven't yet thought this through fully, but I know that the brother who took the throne and sought the legendary power is the last boss, and there may also be a princess of their nation, although I know that no matter what it will be set up such that a maximum of two of the siblings were born from the same pregnancy.
The game format will likely be in the same vein as more linear FEs like Path of Radiance, Blazing Sword, Shadow Dragon, etc. so no world map or infinite grinding or anything. Still on the fence about branching promotions, though, and if they are present I might do them differently from how Sacred Stones and Awakening did them. Probably I'd make them rather secret and sorta out of the way in a lot of cases; just promoting normally always makes you the "default" promotion. (Cavalier -> Paladin, Mercenary -> Hero, Mage -> Sage, etc.) Even the lead character might have branching promotions if I can make it work. His'd probably be harder to get, though, and would likely tie into branching story paths/story-affecting choices.
Also, the main character isn't quite the standard FE prince... For one thing he doesn't have blue hair, but I'm pretty sure I'm gonna give him a weapon selection that doesn't include swords as well. There are some other ways in which he differs, too, but that's one thing that I'm probably going to leave for people to find out from the story itself if this is ever made.
Edited by Starlight36