Can't connect to the server

Hibari

For some reason when I try to connect to the server it refuses my connection. I'm pretty sure I wasn't kickbanned or anything like that. Any advice?

i'm guessing you got something like this?:

* Connecting to betamatrix.ny.us.darkmyst.org (6667)

-

* Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)

That's what happened to me. This was as a result of that specific server pretty much leaving the network it looks like.

Servers may also do that if you're too far away from them. Just make sure you're connecting to irc.darkmyst.org and not a specific server and you'll end up somewhere eventually. Or just keep trying to connect, it'll let you through eventually.

And yes, don't use the applet either. Don't even use an applet at all. Try chatzilla or mIRC.

EDIT: btw, you can't be kickbanned from a server. Only a channel. If you're banned from a server, you get something that says k-line, g-line, or a-kill. That'd only happen if you flooded the network so badly that the IRCops have had enough of you.

Edited by SmartRutter7

i'm guessing you got something like this?:

* Connecting to betamatrix.ny.us.darkmyst.org (6667)

-

* Unable to connect to server (Connection refused)

That's what happened to me. This was as a result of that specific server pretty much leaving the network it looks like.

Servers may also do that if you're too far away from them. Just make sure you're connecting to irc.darkmyst.org and not a specific server and you'll end up somewhere eventually. Or just keep trying to connect, it'll let you through eventually.

And yes, don't use the applet either. Don't even use an applet at all. Try chatzilla or mIRC.

I tried chatzilla. That's where I got the message.

keep trying to connect. type: /server irc.darkmyst.org to connect to the network again.

Same problem. Would it help if I said I'm on a different network than before.