Alt. Dark Skin Palette

CitizenApathy

DarkSkinAlt_zps05f66104.png

So I began working on a dark skin palette before hearing about Blind Archer's skin tone set, and even after having seen it, I still take enough satisfaction in the one I came up with that I decided to share it. It is more of an olive tone than the only other dark-skinned palette I have seen (as you can see, I put them side-by-side for reference) and I feel it looks sufficiently "real" to merit use.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I might improve it, I would appreciate them; whether it is too dark, has too much/too little saturation, etc. Thank you for your consideration.

Edited by CitizenApathy

They're both too saturated for FE7, and the first's darkest skin tone is too light/unsaturated for the rest of it. It'll take a few moments for me to adjust yours, but if you're interested in some other darker-skinned palettes, here are some of my personal ones:

darkpalettes.png

EDIT - Not super fond of these palettes. Not a lot of hue variation.

00da56ca1d73b0d2949c21549d623a1b.png

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

Other palettes work just fine; the first one I found here, though I admit the second one seems different now than it did this morning. Perhaps it simply looked better to me when I was still waking up, but it does look pretty bad now.

At any rate, I will certainly accept these other skin tones, thank you. I attempted to find skin tone references on the forum, but perhaps my post-fu is not as strong as it once was. Should it come to it and I find myself in need of these palettes for a project, would you be alright with my using them? And if so, under what name do you prefer to receive credit? I am unfamiliar with this forum's procedure for such things.

EDIT for a question: Why do your palettes have 5 colors? I thought skin tone only used four.

Edited by CitizenApathy

Dei's are meant for FE8-style, which has a brighter, more saturated palette and a much darker border color, which allows for a greater variation of hue/sat/value. The mug you used is from FE7, which has a lighter, less saturated border color; as such, the palettes from Dei's sheet wouldn't work with them without some heavy adjustments.

As a note, my skintones use FE7 border color, as well. I don't mind anyone using them, though, since it's kind of hard to claim ownership over palettes.

And skin tones generally have 5 colors.