Random skirmishes and merchants

Herb

I'm on Chapter 9 playing Casual Hard mode and I've had only 2 randomly generated skirmishes appear so far and maybe 3 random merchants. Is this normal?

I'm asking because I played a previous game to Chapter 10 on Casual Hard mode before restarting this new game and there were tons of random skirmishes appearing all the time.

Now I'm broke as hell - I was relying on the randomly generated skirmishes as a source of income. Is my game broken or something?

Thanks!

The important word is random. They aren't guaranteed to appear. And earlier in the game, they're a lot less common as well.

Also, you get a lot of money from the story starting from around chapter 10.

Letting a few hours pass... as well as beating a chapter generates a "roll" in which you can get merchants or skirmishes... or both... or none.

I am very curious about that! Does letting time pass trigger another roll for random skirmishes? I've been forced to fight wielding really crappy weapons due to being completely broke a couple of times already :( and the fact that I haven't picked a single streetpass team so far doesn't provide much help to the plundering cause T_T

I've tried letting time pass and it doesn't seem to make a difference. I realize it's somewhat random, but in my previous play to chapter 10, about 2 or 3 new skirmishes would appear after every fight or if I stopped playing for a while!

Yeah, what Malebolganone said. They appear at random, sometimes even when you boot up the game after not touching it in awhile. I've had this happen for me.

If you want more skirmishes, money is hardly a problem once you get through the first half of the game. You're able to buy Reeking Boxes and you're going to find Risen carrying bullions in every single skirmish you fight.

And you should take advantage of this, as you can get lots of levels for all your units this way. Especially if you're using Frederick or people that join late.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, what Malebolganone said. They appear at random, sometimes even when you boot up the game after not touching it in awhile. I've had this happen for me.

If you want more skirmishes, money is hardly a problem once you get through the first half of the game. You're able to buy Reeking Boxes and you're going to find Risen carrying bullions in every single skirmish you fight.

And you should take advantage of this, as you can get lots of levels for all your units this way. Especially if you're using Frederick or people that join late.

Outside of Normal, Reeking Boxes cost 4,800G which makes them highly impractical for farming gold.

If you're broke and need cash/exp, grab a Leif's Blade (Spotpass!Leif) and go fight some weak spotpass teams, preferably ones with lots of Archers. Every kill you get with Leif's Blade, you have a Lck% chance of getting a Bullion(S). Since the blades cost less than 2,000G, it's not hard to turn a profit.

You should also prioritize reclassing units to Barbarian and Mercenary because their Lv.1 skills (Despoil and Armsthrift) are great for money management.

Outside of Normal, Reeking Boxes cost 4,800G which makes them highly impractical for farming gold.

...Oh. Well that's quite a step up from them being only 500 gold in Normal. xP