I just realized who the hell this "Orsin" guy is

Junkhead

Actually I was specifically talking about Libra. Maybe Lissa and Maribelle are more durable and more accurate in that class then he is.

I haven't tried it yet. But Libra, with fourteen speed and only 19 levels to gain, ended up being double attacked by just about everything.

what are you on

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battlecleric4life

Nunswithaxes

A bishop would activate miracle just as well as a War Cleric can, since it runs on Luck. That was all luck.

Not to mention, Light magic had boosted Crit in the GBA games, meaning those crits would happen more if they had Light magic instead.

Battle Clerics look pretty cool actually.

I don't mind them aesthetically, just Gameplay-wise.

You're just mad because Lissa overkilled Wolt

Not at all. A bishop would have probably made him into mincemeat even easier because he's an Assassin there.

Like I said, the crits were luck, moreso on the first, and a bishop could achieve them just as easily if not easier.

That's fine. I was only speaking aesthetically anyways.

You do realize the massive damage there is because of the Vengeance Axe, right?

Lol Vengeance. I can easily just use my Sorcerers to Nosferatank since Axe wielders don't get Nosferatu/Aversa's Night to heal their HP and activate Vengeance (since Vengeance and Sol can't activate simultaneously). Vengeance requires you take hits, which you generally do not want to do, especially if you are a low Def healer. Also, forged weapons have more might, and it wasn't even a brave.

So... That arguement made no sense.

(I want a lord who is a natural archer, now, please!)

Nintendo/IS should buy the rights to TRS from Tirnanog/Enterbrain and remake that for FE14. Then we can have our bow Lord.

Edited by shinpichu

Because Axes are cool

Tomes are lame

And nuns with Axes are the coolest thing ever

Yes, this.

I hardly find myself ever using Mages...they're boring. I use other tome-using variations, though (Dark Knights & Dark Fliers are among my favorite classes in the gaem).

They actually are nowhere close to bad, gameplay-wise. One has to remind themselves that the class itself isn't only attached to wimpy-Str units such as Liz & Maribella. LIBRA's Str is solid and then you also have people like Sumia (also solid Str), Cherche (overall Str/Def, passable Spd).

Also, The Brady (assuming one isn't actually dumb enough to pair his mother with someone not-Vaike)

Still, why would I use them for a physical weapon/staff unit when I have Einherjar FalconKnights, which have higher move and the ability to fly allowing them to reach injured units faster?

If I'm going to have an Axe weilder at all, I'd rather just slap Severa or Inigo or maybe some Einherjar with a Forged Tomahawk or something as a hero. Then I can safely ignore my Mgc so I don't have an extra stat to worry about.

Also, Maribelle/Ricken gets a much better Sage!Brady, so I generally go with that since tomes are just a generally superior weapon type. Brady should be completely offense oriented, something War Clerics are not used for.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

fixed

also, I should totally do that in a future playthrough

I was actually about to do it with Archer, my Lunatic Mode Avatar (he also has a scar and that rugged look, lol), sort of to also see what would the S-support with Maribella would be like. But, inevitably as always, I'm ending up with Sumia. Again.

So yeah, The Vaike is once again the one and only father of The Brady. Would also make sense, I am not worth of being father of The Brady.

Still, why would I use them for a physical weapon/staff unit when I have Einherjar FalconKnights, which have higher move and the ability to fly allowing them to reach injured units faster?

Oh, you mean the DLC characters? Those are boring. They don't feel like characters. :(:

But to answer your point: If you would argue that you can use higher move units for the same purpose...then the same could be said against every other classes and it's higher Mov counterpart (well, not actually counterparts, but they serve similiar purposes).

If I'm going to have an Axe weilder at all, I'd rather just slap Severa or Inigo or maybe some Einherjar with a Forged Tomahawk or something as a hero. Then I can safely ignore my Mgc so I don't have an extra stat to worry about.

The boons of having a War Monk over a Bishop is the fact that they are at least not dying in a breeze. Bishops weren't exactly great at the combat department, seeing as they'd tend to suffer from either low Spd and/or durability to be able to do much.

Also, in this game, being the "worst" of something isn't exactly saying much with all the things the game gives to you (Pair-Ups, Tonics, tons of money, etc.).

Also, Maribelle/Ricken gets a much better Sage!Brady, so I generally go with that since tomes are just a generally superior weapon type. Brady should be completely offense oriented, something War Clerics are not used for.

Sages are lame. )=

I was actually about to do it with Archer, my Lunatic Mode Avatar (he also has a scar and that rugged look, lol), sort of to also see what would the S-support with Maribella would be like. But, inevitably as always, I'm ending up with Sumia. Again.

So yeah, The Vaike is once again the one and only father of The Brady. Would also make sense, I am not worth of being father of The Brady.

You could try pairing The Brady with one of your daughterus like I did :o

Who the hell is Morgan.

Yeah, I like Noire. But I haven't used her in a while...only used her once...

Last time I was pairing him with Kjelle.

Pfft, she'll see who's the real man.

Oh, you mean the DLC characters? Those are boring. They don't feel like characters. :(:

But to answer your point: If you would argue that you can use higher move units for the same purpose...then the same could be said against every other classes and it's higher Mov counterpart (well, not actually counterparts, but they serve similiar purposes).

It's mainly an issue for staffbotting, since the only stats a staffbot cares for is Mgc and Move. They should not be fighting. The reason I prefer the Falcoknights over Sages and especially War Clerics is they have high Move and decent Mgc, though it isn't the best, and they fly. Walls would be the only terrain in their way.

Yes, I mean them, as well as Spotpass characters. I like them mainly because of nostalgia, especially for FE6 and 10.

The boons of having a War Monk over a Bishop is the fact that they are at least not dying in a breeze. Bishops weren't exactly great at the combat department, seeing as they'd tend to suffer from either low Spd and/or durability to be able to do much.

Also, in this game, being the "worst" of something isn't exactly saying much with all the things the game gives to you (Pair-Ups, Tonics, tons of money, etc.).

Bishops may lack spd on occasion, but some were fairly quick (Lucius in FE7 and Saul in FE6 pop to mind). Also, they're still backline fighters, making their durability less of an issue.

Why would I give the tonics, etc. to a bad class unit when I can give them to an already good one and be a great unit.

Sages are lame. )=

LOL they are one of the best foot-based classes in FE13, what are you talking about? That Mgc! Another thing that makes me favor that promotion route: More Mgc=more healing. Especially since tomefaire is more efficiant at boosting Mgc than Axefaire since not all Clerics/Priests/Troubadours even get the barbarian tree.