Elieson

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't that mean also...

Double Grima's Marks?

(⌐■_■)

Oh ho ho. Well played Rey, well played. Here's where I'd try to make a pun of Olivia, but Orivie don't think that's possible.

ooooorgh i'm so sorry

Anyway, to actually contribute, I feel like Marc/Mark are Tacticians because of their originally intended design and personality. Sure it could be a possibility, but in the game Marc/Mark wants to be a tact like dear ol' dad/mum, so that might influence why they're depicted as such. Or maybe they're just using the art for the sake of using the art. :V

Edited by Groyer

Oh ho ho. Well played Rey, well played. Here's where I'd try to make a pun of Olivia, but Orivie don't think that's possible.

ooooorgh i'm so sorry

Anyway, to actually contribute, I feel like Marc/Mark are Tacticians because of their originally intended design and personality. Sure it could be a possibility, but in the game Marc/Mark wants to be a tact like dear ol' dad/mum, so that might influence why they're depicted as such. Or maybe they're just using the art for the sake of using the art. :V

I agree with this. Morgan (F)'s genki side does not fit a tactician's usual manners, same for a couple lines from Morgan (M).

I agree with this. Morgan (F)'s genki side does not fit a tactician's usual manners, same for a couple lines from Morgan (M).

Can you elaborate your statement, please? Because I sure as hell don't get what you're saying about "usual manners" with the formal language in Japanese of a tactician contrasting to "genki" or any form of enthusiasm.

...sounds like you're just spouting out terms.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I don't think we can infer much about parentage based on official artwork, but it is fun to toss out ideas. The FeMU x MaMU is really intriguing though. They aren't sibilings or anything so its not like its that weird.

Uh... wouldn't a male and female MU be siblings? They'd have the same father, at the least.

I don't think we can infer much about parentage based on official artwork, but it is fun to toss out ideas. The FeMU x MaMU is really intriguing though. They aren't sibilings or anything so its not like its that weird.

Uh... wouldn't a male and female MU be siblings? They'd have the same father, at the least.

^What they said.

ReyReiSsupport.pngReyReiSsupport2.png

Again people, let's go back to FE4 mechanics. It explains EVERYTHING.

Edited by shadowofchaos

OK I admit I'm an idiot. I guess the MaMU and FeMU would have to have the same dad so at best you'd have a half sibling situation. I don't know why I just assumed they could be from totally different timelines and that woudl somehow make it not incestish

I had no idea how much brother-sister weirdness goes on in the FE series. Lucina marrying Owain is no big deal to me. I wouldn't call that incest myself per se. Royalty are totally inbred anyway. I do realize, however that in Medieval Europe the Catholic church would not permit a marriage of first cousins without a special dispensations (see for example the marriage of Richard III and Anne Neville). Later on in England under the Anglican church, though, I don't think it was even frowned upon. What's more, apparently there was nothing hinky about in-laws marrying. I looked this up because of a Jane Austen novel once (I won't say which so as not to spoil but I think you can probably guess). I'm just talking about what has objectively counted as incest in the past, I have no idea if first cousin marriage is banned in the Haildom of Ylisse or anywhere else in Fire Emblem land

But that stuff form FE 8? That's a horse of a different color. That's some Game of Thrones type stuff there. I have to say though I've never played that game. I've so far only played the first Fire Emblem (GBA version) and Awakening. There are probably more eye brow raising relationships in the other games as well lol.

this also seems relevant here:

Edited by irma_gedden

But that stuff form FE 8? That's a horse of a different color. That's some Game of Thrones type stuff there. I have to say though I've never played that game. I've so far only played the first Fire Emblem (GBA version) and Awakening. There are probably more eye brow raising relationships in the other games as well lol.

You're not thinking of the Ephraim/Eirika thing? No, they don't get married in the japanese version lol.

IGN

There's your explanation.

[/taking this seriously]

They couldn't even do the "tips to survive Fire Emblem: Awakening" right.

Being a jack of all trades makes you a master of none.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Morgan is an imperfect clone of The Avatar that aliens made to take over the planet. It literally explains everything. (This is cannon because I said so)

That makes no sense whatsoever.

This is a fantasy series focused on dragons and knights, why would aliens exist?

According to IGN, the canon parent of Morgan is Cherche.

I, like others, am skeptical, but could you link to the article? I'd like to hear their reasoning.

I, like others, am skeptical, but could you link to the article? I'd like to hear their reasoning.

I actually can't find it. I got the URL from a Miiverse post about a month ago, and it was probably replaced by now. I remember it, though, and I think they also paired Sully and Stahl & Lissa and Vaike. Those also make no strategic sense.

Do you mean they have a special text thing at the end? I only just beat this game and am not familiar with how many endings different pairs can get

Most pairs get an ending based on a set ending for the male with some editing for the female. Sully and Stahl's is completely different from Stahl's other pairings.

Most pairs get an ending based on a set ending for the male with some editing for the female. Sully and Stahl's is completely different from Stahl's other pairings.

Thanks much. Is there anything like that for other pairings? I guess that might be pretty solid evidence for "developer canon" (I hesitate to use the word canon with this game, in fact it seems like it undermines the spirit of the game)