Posting thread.

Ein

Owwwww my head still hurts. Stupid fall.

What a worthless thread.

No rules. No objective.

Why are you here?

I think the answer for me is quite obvious.

Edited by Agnés

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no specified limit in Posting. Posting can be once, or multiple times.

Besides, you don't play all games to win (like, say, Dwarf Fortress, or Nintendogs).

Those are not games any more than building things and raising pets are games.

game

gām

noun

1. a form of play or sport, esp. a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.

Gamism:

Gamist refers to decisions based on satisfying clear predefined goal conditions in the face of adversity: in other words, on the desire to win.

These decisions are most common in games which pit characters against successively tougher challenges and opponents, and may not spend much time dwelling on why the characters are facing them in the first place. Gamist RPG design tends to place a strong emphasis on parity in character effectiveness: that is, the idea that all player characters should be (at least when properly built or optimised over time) equally strong and capable of dealing with adversity.

Combat is frequently heavily emphasised, as is a diversity in options for short-term problem solving (i.e., long lists of highly specific spells or combat techniques). Randomisation (i.e., Fortune methods) exist primarily to provide a gamble and allow players to risk more for higher stakes (for instance, attempting a more effective hit in combat requires a penalty on the dice roll), rather than modelling strict probability.

Examples include, Magic: The Gathering, Chess, and most computer games.

Edited by Makaze

Do you consider construction and inventing games? Do you consider raising pets a game?

No?

Then why should digital simulation of such be called a game?

I may report this topic eventually because it annoys me that it is in the wrong section. That is my reason.

Edited by Makaze

Ok, but if you try to report this topic, the mods will just laugh at you

There's a time to quit, When someone else tells you something as pointless as this is pointless, then it's probably time.

Edited by Komeiji Koishi

I'm not terribly concerned about that. As far as I can tell, threads like this are allowed to exist because there is distinct divide between Forum Game posters and many general FftF posters. I take it some of the people here see this section as their home board, relatively speaking. This thread exists here not because it needs to be here but because some don't see a reason to go elsewhere to have non-game chat.

I asked something similar of the Last to Post thread, but that at least has a theoretical winner.

I want you to branch out from your small corner of the site. Use FftF for general posting and use this section for games.

Break down those walls.

Edited by Makaze

No. The IP.Chat log is not permanently accessible and has a very small character limit per post. The messages refresh in real time, drastically changing the flow of the conversation.

Compare threads to threads.

Why is it not redundant?

Edited by Makaze