Simulation Games

Anacybele

I caved and bought Democracy 3 when it went half-off a couple days ago

Been playing Galactic Civilizations 1 a lot recently, which I've been enjoying despite that shit can take days

I play Minecraft. Wondering if it does fall under the category of simulation games.

Minecraft is a sandbox game where you have to mine, build houses (for yourself), farm food, cut trees, fish and kill monsters and/or zombies in order to survive.

There's also a creative mode where you can just focus 100% on building without having to care about your hunger or health values.

Indeed, Zoo Tycoon 1 is a lot better.

Uh, I think he meant that ZT2 is a great game. :/

And I had a lot of trouble with the first game. The second was way less frustrating.

I used to play Sim City 3000 a lot. I played 4 too but not for very long. All those years and I still didn't know how to handle the traffic of a decent sized city.

Then there would be Anno 1602. I played Anno 1503 too but I never figured out how to make a profit there. If I remember, rather then getting taxes from them, you had to sell the products to the villagers.

Anyway, Anoo 1602 is probably my favorite game in the genre.

Since nobody on this board has ever heard of it, an introduction: the game is about building up colonies in the new world.

I played 1503 as well. But I am not too fond of it.

Oh SimCity...the glory days of the once-great and amazing Maxis empire. The original was fun. 2000 improved everything.

It's actually quite ironic, seeing as 3000 was going to originally be very different. That wouldn't have been good by the way. The irony in this situation? EA's to thank for 3000's turnaround. Yes, hard to believe EA was, at one time, a pretty cool publisher and such. They even gave Maxis extra time to finish up the game, rather than release it in a buggy state.

But I digress. I miss those days and such.

Can't comment on 4 though. I haven't really dabbled in it and when the game was brand new, my computer had no chance of running it as it was horribly out of date by then.

As for the most recent one? I'd rather forget it exists. EA tarnished the series, much like everything they do these days.

Edited by Tiz

I really like SimCity SNES, but I never figured out how to make an efficient and successful city. Still trying to work that out...

I played that too. One of the few games where I used cheats. There's a method to get 999999 money and then everything's fine. I don't think I ever tried to build a city properly, so I never figured that out either.

Well, there's a problem right there. Sims 2 had THREE default neighborhoods. :P

And the big add neighborhood button was right there to the right if you scrolled through the neighborhoods. That was a lot more obvious than a tiny little menu button on the bottom left. I never noticed that at all. xP

Can't argue with that.

Although some people have made really lovely worlds with the Create-A-World system.

I just take my precious little Italian town and run around pretending like everyone's a part of the Mafia, aha~

... Then how did you exit the game? Or... save, for that matter? Ah, well...

So. How about that Sims 4?