Which is the better skill, Galeforce or Armsthrift?

Garland Chaos

The only situation in which AT is legitimately 100% useless is on Avatar!Lucina when she's using the Parallel Falchion (or Marth with a Falchion). It may not help you win battles, but it's hardly without value, especially if you don't have unlimited time to devote to the game.

I'm not stating that it's 100% useless, but it is highly overrated. Like I said, throughout the main storyline it can be pretty useful but it's moreover a waste of a skill slot in the end unless you don't have the Golden Pack, and or if you're grinding..

So basically, unless you're low on money or you want to save up OP weapons that cost a lot, you don't really need Armsthrift.

Edited by ......

So basically, unless you're low on money or you want to save up OP weapons that cost a lot, you don't really need Armsthrift.

So what you're saying is, that unless you have a use for Armsthrift, you don't have a use for Armsthrift?

I'm not stating that it's 100% useless, but it is highly overrated. Like I said, throughout the main storyline it can be pretty useful but it's moreover a waste of a skill slot in the end unless you don't have the Golden Pack, and or if you're grinding..

But do you have a "need" for any skill? No. They merely help out (to different degrees) and the five you want to use at any given time are the ones that help you the most.

Well, I meant that there's no one indispensable skill, not that you can go completely skill-less. But now I'm tempted to actually try that... Is RNG manipulation (battle saves) fair game?

I used battle saves and barely scraped through No Limit/Agg/Rallies.

...I think Inivnicisorc will just flat out stop you. [And if he doesn't, he's got 2 more, and Thronie, and two more of those as well]

As someone who's been doing a Lunatic+ "All Children" run thus far, I have to say that I find Armsthrift to be absolutely ESSENTIAL for many of the harder mid-game maps, where I still have to clear out many of the enemies quickly so that the lovebirds I'm trying to raise up aren't smashed like pancakes. Get yourself...

Sol + Lifestealer + Armsthrift + Axebreaker (the one giving 50+ evade to axes) + Forged Katarina's or some other completely OP spell...

And you've got someone who can solo maps about as easily as anyone is going to in Lunatic+. Because it seems that, for whatever reason, your weapon will never, ever, EVER break as long as it has at least one use left, and MU is the guy in front. I dunno why that is, since, theoretically, my weapon should have something like a 10-20% chance of breaking, but...it's just not doing that, even after something like 7-8 maps worth of clearing maps.

So, I'd say that, I dunno about Post-Game, but it seems like Armsthrift is invaluable in mid-game.

Edited by FionordeQuester

Armsthrift because I can create my own weapons

I think you guys are seriously overestimating Galeforce. Galeforce only works during player phrase and only if you kill an enemy. Armsthrift works during both phrases plus after you promote you get Sol which benefits from forged weapons and turns you into a tank.

We're not talking Merc vs Pegasus, we're just talking about the skills. I think the deciding factor is: All other things being equal, which skill would you take if you could have one and only one of them? And in that case, I think it's too close to call.

Instead of constantly going back to The Golden Gaffe to get infinite gold why don't you equip Armsthrift to those that can use it and forge Brave weapons or anything you'd like to as far as it can be forged and never expend a weapon use? And on top of this use Galeforce to have infinite weapon use and move twice per turn. But I think only Female MU and Cordelia besides the children can do this strategy which puts some characters way above others.

This. Seriously, it's like no one plays past hard mode.

Some of you really just don't realize how great it is to have Armsthrift + Sol + Helswath on Morgan mowing enemies down without a care in the world. Extremely helpful on later maps in Lunatic. And even if you use Golden Gaffe/Infinite Regalia, these weapons only have 25 uses and you'll want more than that on some maps.

Galeforce is great and is definitely my choice for the better skill overall, but Armsthrift seems to be pretty massively underrated. Not everyone farms Golden Gaffe.

I would still argue that Armsthrift is better because of forged Nosferatu/ Aversa Nights

You're assuming that Forged Aversa's is better than Galeforce, which isn't always true (see: any map where you have to protect something). And a good part of why Nos is considered broken is because they're so easily buyable.

Some of you really just don't realize how great it is to have Armsthrift + Sol + Helswath on Morgan mowing enemies down without a care in the world. Extremely helpful on later maps in Lunatic. And even if you use Golden Gaffe/Infinite Regalia, these weapons only have 25 uses and you'll want more than that on some maps.

Of note, you get Helswath right before the last two Route chapters of the game (and the only ones with all Promoted enemies) and right after a long stretch of kill boss chapters, which is a pretty opportune moment for the game to give you a weapon built for EP tanking. It might be nice to preserve it, particularly on higher difficulties.

Personally I think Armsthrift is the better skill. Since if you do it right some child characters with it can basically swing around Legendary Weapons constantly without them breaking

Although Galeforce does have its massive usage in my army as well

But Luna will forever remain my favorite skill

Since if you do it right some child characters with it can basically swing around Legendary Weapons constantly without them breaking

Then you hit a blatant fact that Legendaries suck. Which means that point has no value.

Double Bow is the only one worth using, and even in full fledged use, you don't even get close to breaking it.

Valflame is nice, sure, but not on units that use it. It's point is boosting Staff users.

Braves/Celica's are easily attainable in infinite quantities, preserving them is isn't an issue since you can simply replace it, but AT does waste a skill slot that is better used in improving combat performance.

Then you hit a blatant fact that Legendaries suck. Which means that point has no value.

I can see what you mean, but I've got some good usage out of Gradivus, Ragnel, The Book Of Naga, and the Sol Katti

Edited by cryogeist