Zelda/Fire Emblem Crossover

Cowboy Karimov

I really dislike Frederick. You don't seem me making snarky comments every time he's mentioned.

I'm not making "snarky comments" every time TWW is mentioned either. It was only mentioned once. xP

Which is the total number of times it was mentioned in this threat until that point. What if you posted a pic of avatar and Fred and someone said "Ew, I don't want to see Avatar x Fred"? You do this with pretty much everything you don't like. I don't care about expressing opinions, just be more respectful of others, or at least phrase things more carefully so it doesn't come across like you're saying "no one's opinion but mine matters." And I'm done since I really don't want to derail the thread anymore.

Just thought of this, Beedle's promotion could be him getting a helmet! I don't even know why that idea is so awesome to me <_<

I don't want to derail the thread either, so I have no comment.

I just thought of something else. In a Skyward Sword crossover, Peatrice could be the equivalent of Merlinus/merchant convoy since she's the item storage girl. She'd be a lot like Aimee since she gets feelings for Link and Aimee had a crush on Ike. lol

I think a Twilight Princess-like art style and setting would benefit the game most. Fire Emblem can quickly turn into a very grim game, what with the ever present threat of permadeath. With the exception of Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask, Zelda is more idealistic. Even if a good guy dies, it'll be poignant/bittersweet at worst. Twilight Princess just looks like the only place where a Fire emblem game could realistically take place in terms of tone.

Another big issue would be Link himself. He doesn't talk in a game where text is the only way the characters express themselves. It makes me think the game would perhaps focus more on Zelda than Link, perhaps with her doing all the talking in the pair.

They'd probably just do whatever is going to happen with the SMT characters in the FE and SMT crossover. I heard SMT has "silent" protagonists as well.

And for the record, Link DOES talk, his dialogue is just never shown to us. But we do often see his lips moving and stuff, clearly indicating that words are coming out of his mouth. :P

They'd probably just do whatever is going to happen with the SMT characters in the FE and SMT crossover. I heard SMT has "silent" protagonists as well.

Err.... SMT 4 protagonist does talk... So does SMT3's Demi-Fiend, not in his game, but he does talk, he just grunts in his own game...

Flynn is voiced by Bryce Papenbrook if you're curious.

I think a Twilight Princess-like art style and setting would benefit the game most. Fire Emblem can quickly turn into a very grim game, what with the ever present threat of permadeath. With the exception of Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask, Zelda is more idealistic. Even if a good guy dies, it'll be poignant/bittersweet at worst. Twilight Princess just looks like the only place where a Fire emblem game could realistically take place in terms of tone.

Another big issue would be Link himself. He doesn't talk in a game where text is the only way the characters express themselves. It makes me think the game would perhaps focus more on Zelda than Link, perhaps with her doing all the talking in the pair.

Still, Zelda is, in my opinion, still more whimsical than FE. That's my main problem with the crossover. In Zelda, you've got a whole lot of humanoid races like Gorons, Zora, Sheikah, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. FE has laguz, taguel and manaketes, which really only have a transformation ability and maybe some cosmetic things like ears or wings to differentiate them. The Zelda series also seems to have a less developed society than Fire Emblem, as far as I can see. The religion in Zelda also seems to resemble Hindu a whole lot, which could start off a crusade against Hyrule. That would honestly be a very interesting game.

Also, Oliver and Morshu are one in the same.

Edited by HeavyBrawlsGuy

Err.... SMT 4 protagonist does talk... So does SMT3's Demi-Fiend, not in his game, but he does talk, he just grunts in his own game...

Oh, well then. xP

I'd just make an exception to the Link talking rule and actually have his dialogue show up this time.

Flynn has a voice, but he doesn't really...talk. Occasionally, he'll say Burroughs' name. And of course there are text choices when playing, but he doesn't really...talk. Or something.

Skimming topic: some of these ideas seem like a Zelda that plays like an FE, which I have no qualms about really...

Oh, well then. xP

I'd just make an exception to the Link talking rule and actually have his dialogue show up this time.

I know what you mean though, if not that, have his one or two words or however many voiced or something...Like Flynn

Edited by Soledai

Someone at FEWoD wrote an AMAZING crossover fanfic between Zelda and FE, taking place post Radiant Dawn and Twilight Princess. While it has its flaws, the writer did a pretty damn good job at blending the two universes, and the character interaction is great, with a lot of moments you would expect if these two series crossed over (like Mia having a one-on-one duel with Link).

I can link to it if anyone's curious, but beware, the fic only exists in Spanish.

IIRC Shigeru Miyamoto said something about Link talking in the vein of the player is supposed to be Link so the character doesn't talk in-game because we're supposed to fill in what he's saying ourselves. So in that way Link is a lot like the tactician from FE7. I guess he could be something along that line, like the player makes some decisions that affect Link's growths and/or bases, but the character design is set and he just responds to stuff people ask him.

Or it could go straight-up CD-i Link like Tiz said.

Someone at FEWoD wrote an AMAZING crossover fanfic between Zelda and FE, taking place post Radiant Dawn and Twilight Princess. While it has its flaws, the writer did a pretty damn good job at blending the two universes, and the character interaction is great, with a lot of moments you would expect if these two series crossed over (like Mia having a one-on-one duel with Link).

I can link to it if anyone's curious, but beware, the fic only exists in Spanish.

get translators to work

NOW

NOW

Edited by HeavyBrawlsGuy