Shatterlight Help and Hiring Topic!

Haku

Shatterlight Help and Hiring Topic

Hi there everyone!

LunaSaint, myself and a few others are currently working on our FE7 ROM hack called 'Shatterlight'. We decided that it would be wise to look for a few other graphics artists who would be happy to join the project and help with the 'mug' side of things. Our main problem is that we currently have several placeholders, which is pushing back our debut release.

We're preferably looking for someone who is relatively experienced with spriting, but anyone can help out! You can either donate a mug that will never see any other use, or you can join the team and help us out more frequently.

If you're interested in donating a mug, feel free to post it here in the thread. You would of course get full credit. Alternatively, if you want to join the project, just drop Luna or myself a line via PM. :D

Thanks for reading!

Haku~

EDIT:

So here are the characters without a mug that are the highest priority.

[spoiler=Descriptions]

Kerning

• Grim-faced.
  • Deep, dark eyes.
  • Extremely short blonde hair.
  • In his late 20s.
  • Shows some signs of wear from mercenary work.
  • Stubble along his chin and jaw-line.
  • For a fighter, his build is relatively lean.
  • Dark green, studded leather vest, with a strap over one shoulder.

August

• In her mid 40s.
  • Short, ginger hair with braids down the back.
  • Age shows in her cheeks and forehead, but has a strong and stern gaze.
  • Red and gold plated armour, very ornate.

Kestrel

• In her teens.
  • Has a golden tan.
  • Has large eyes and a pretty face.
  • She has dark, wavy/pointed hair with a swept fringe and a long ponytail.
  • A worn, red-brown jacket.
  • A thin leather strap over one shoulder, with a buckle.
Edited by Haku

alternatively just use recolors until you have what you need

there's no point in waiting around for sprites, especially since most spriters want to see something of value before wanting to contribute

but what do I know I'm a solo artist

Edited by Skitty of Time

If you need any mugs, message me and I'll send you a folder to look through.

Thanks, as usual GK :D I'll PM you later.

alternatively just use recolors until you have what you need

there's no point in waiting around for sprites, especially since most spriters want to see something of value before wanting to contribute

but what do I know I'm a solo artist

That's actually a pretty good suggestion, thanks lol, I remember when you made a topic like this :P

It might help if you asked for something specific

And what Skitty said

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll add some descriptions later in the first post if anyone's interested.

Edited by Haku

Without any information to go on, recoloring the mugs people have made publicly available is probably the best option.

There's NiCKT's mugs* with the condition that you recolor + give a new name to the character.

Brendor started a dump topic where Ump, L95*, and Celice offered some free-use mugs.

You're free to use any of the splices in my topic but I would rather you recolor the ones you plan on using.

*These peeps gave frames for their mugs as well

Because I am bored, PM me the placeholder(if it looks anything like what you want the final one to be) and description of what you want and I'll make you a mug or two.

Protip: I'm better at girls

(Also, you may have to wait til sunday for me to give it to you, as I go to the void with no internet in a couple hours)

Edited by L95

Ok, so I updated the first post with some descpritions. I think that if we get these ones completed, the rest should be pretty easy to dust off.

Without any information to go on, recoloring the mugs people have made publicly available is probably the best option.

There's NiCKT's mugs* with the condition that you recolor + give a new name to the character.

Brendor started a dump topic where Ump, L95*, and Celice offered some free-use mugs.

You're free to use any of the splices in my topic but I would rather you recolor the ones you plan on using.

*These peeps gave frames for their mugs as well

Thanks for the resources :D I'll PM you in a bit about one of your mugs if that's ok with you :3

Because I am bored, PM me the placeholder(if it looks anything like what you want the final one to be) and description of what you want and I'll make you a mug or two.
Protip: I'm better at girls

(Also, you may have to wait til sunday for me to give it to you, as I go to the void with no internet in a couple hours)

Thanks a lot for the offer! If you want you could make a mug for Kestrel, I'll give you more details via PM, but I added a description for her in the first post. :B

Because I am bored, PM me the placeholder(if it looks anything like what you want the final one to be) and description of what you want and I'll make you a mug or two.Protip: I'm better at girls (Also, you may have to wait til sunday for me to give it to you, as I go to the void with no internet in a couple hours)

If you could make me a mug too, that'd be great.

And I think I will finally try to fix that bug in the Ishtar script after putting it off for so long.

Haku, here's a suggestion; you obviously don't have to do it but I think it'd benefit everyone. You probably already know this but there's a weekly splice competetion in which a few people make and post mugs that are, for the most part, never seen or talked about again unless in another sprite topic looking for critique. So instead of letting all those mugs fall into the void of no return, you could pm eCut (ePamplemouss now I believe) and politely ask to include a slight note in the first post after the rules about allowing people to use that sprite like, "if you wouldn't mind others freely using your completed splice, please put an asterisk next to your submission" for instance. Chances are most people won't mind sharing and it could help other people looking for sprites (like myself) not just yourself. Just an idea.

Edited by Brendor the Eagle

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=33846 my sprite topic has been dead for some time because i haven't had time (wahh), but if there's anything on there that catches your eye you can PM me, there's some things made specifically for others' projects but most of it was just done for fun. not sure anything would fit your needs tho

Edited by Mewiyev

Cool, Haku~ If there's anything you like and want me to change a bit I'm pretty open to that as well.

If you could make me a mug too, that'd be great.
And I think I will finally try to fix that bug in the Ishtar script after putting it off for so long.

Haku, here's a suggestion; you obviously don't have to do it but I think it'd benefit everyone. You probably already know this but there's a weekly splice competetion in which a few people make and post mugs that are, for the most part, never seen or talked about again unless in another sprite topic looking for critique. So instead of letting all those mugs fall into the void of no return, you could pm eCut (ePamplemouss now I believe) and politely ask to include a slight note in the first post after the rules about allowing people to use that sprite like, "if you wouldn't mind others freely using your completed splice, please put an asterisk next to your submission" for instance. Chances are most people won't mind sharing and it could help other people looking for sprites (like myself) not just yourself. Just an idea.

Quit jumping for handouts, Brendor, you've got enough already that it's probably time to start paying forward before you request ;w;

The current etiquette on splice contests is to PM the creator of the splice to see if it's available. Just for the case where a mug becomes 'claimed' and all the extra maintenance it implies, I don't think it's a good idea to do the asterisk business.

Edited by Lenh

It was just an idea you don't have to be mean about it :/

I contributed some ASM routines does that count as paying it forward?

Mew do you mind if I add your stuff to my sprite dump topic?

i don't mind sharing my stuff but i'd prefer to get PMed about it and wouldn't consider it free use, mainly because i like to know what kinda role the character will fill and stuff. so sorry, the share topic is cool but not for me