What type of camera can it be better to record a video on YouTube?

King Marth 64

I kinda wanted to do a YouTube video of Pokemon X and Fire Emblem Awakening with using the Action Replay Powersaves for 3DS (incase if I find some cool data that wasn't showed in the final version or do a powerful cheat playthrough to show it to everyone and also find a way to get Volcanion and Hoopa showing In-Game Battle and unlock two Pokedex info for X until I get the Powersaves from GameStop in tomorrow or an another day), but I just wanted to know that what type of camera can it be better to record it on a video and publishing it on YouTube, but would a Web Camera be better for recording a video or should I use something else better for recording a video? But, I didn't record in any Camera type video on YouTube before, but I only did have about three Binding Blade videos with using from Gringe's patch (just from the previous versions).

Edited by Volcanion

Like what the person said above me... A modern digital camera. A decent Smartphone camera would work too.

Have it on a still surface.

...but otherwise, I will now proceed to slander the actual content.

Action Replay powersaves are pretty crap considering it lets you bypass the encryption on saves, but can only use "official" codes on their server.

...which is ridiculous.

If you know what you're doing, they should let you see the decrypted file and addresses.

At best, the only thing you're going to get from the Pokémon powersaves are item quantity cheats and the unreleased Latios and Latias megastones.

Fire Emblem: Awakening probably only has Renown and Gold maxing out cheats.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Don't listen to these guys! The best camera for doing any LP is a Panasonic 1998 Inverted Handheld Camera with the special Grain Filter, which adds authentic grain to your video. I recommend recording from at least 30 feet away from the screen and zooming it at 2x zoom, to get that authentic "just over my shoulder" LP style. You can even have a friend hold it, and do a camera shake whenever things get exciting in your no-doubt exciting pokemon playthrough! Don't forget the microphone too, I recommend an authentic 1977 Handheld Mic which you can set off to the side of the desk (Make sure to aim away from your mouth for best quality) and maybe even drop in a cup of water to lubricate it. (Electrical shorts are a myth)

Good luck on that LP!

Don't listen to these guys! The best camera for doing any LP is a Panasonic 1998 Inverted Handheld Camera with the special Grain Filter, which adds authentic grain to your video. I recommend recording from at least 30 feet away from the screen and zooming it at 2x zoom, to get that authentic "just over my shoulder" LP style. You can even have a friend hold it, and do a camera shake whenever things get exciting in your no-doubt exciting pokemon playthrough! Don't forget the microphone too, I recommend an authentic 1977 Handheld Mic which you can set off to the side of the desk (Make sure to aim away from your mouth for best quality) and maybe even drop in a cup of water to lubricate it. (Electrical shorts are a myth)

Good luck on that LP!

The glitched middle feature in the 1993 version makes it a better purchase. Take a gander yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-sDet31CA8

Now, back on topic. I know they sell a 3DS capture for $200 or so, if you're really interested. That's what the professionals use. And Shadowofchaos.

Glad to see I'm not the only person who understands that 90's recording software is the only authentic way to record video.

It adds an "oldschool" feeling to it... Nostalgia...

On Topic: Just get a 3ds capture card...

Also, why did you use a camera to record binding blade? Most gba emulators supports recording directly.

Edited by Naughx

The Capture Card are kinda expensive and they're sold out right now (that I just looked at in their site again), but I said that I didn't record any video with a video camera before (since I mentioned I used Gringe's patch for Binding Blade). And alright, I'll might look at in Digital Cameras for recording the video.

The Capture Card are kinda expensive and they're sold out right now (that I just looked at in their site again), but I said that I didn't record any video with a video camera before (since I mentioned I used Gringe's patch for Binding Blade). And alright, I'll might look at in Digital Cameras for recording the video.

But still, the capture is the only way you'd get decent footage.