Dark Souls 2 thread

Ein

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Already reading that weapon buff duration is determined by appropriate stat(s).

Monatar now has the same parry window as the other curved swords.

Already reading that weapon buff duration is determined by appropriate stat(s).

That'd be a fine change for Flame Weapon, I hope they don't nerf it just because it doesn't require stats.

I totally forgot about the patch being live - stealing some data:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DarkSouls2/comments/273k46/some_106_testing_comparing_prepatch_and_postpatch/

TL;DR: FROM MY DATA (take with grain of salt)

Avelyn ~30% nerf

Syans ~14% nerf

Santiers ~22% nerf

GRS ~29% nerf

WoG ~5% nerf

RW changed to roughly same increase as SLB/CMW/Dark Weapon. Use Dark Weapon if you want to buff a dark infused weapon.

Flame Weapon much less effective than other weapon buffs.

Abyss ring changed from 20% to ~7-10%

I might just use a third Forbidden Sun instead of FlameWeapon, the rest seems fine besides the overnerfed Resonant Weapon.

Edited by Assurhaddon

Flame weapon only had the same damage increases as the charcoal pine resin before the patch but I suppose that because it requires no stats other than 1 attunement slot and you still have the full 90 seconds to swing your weapon around the nerf is justified. You can still just slap it on a fire/infused weapon.

Kind of odd that both Dark Weapon and Resonant Weapon now seemingly have the same damage bonus.

Edited by Ein

It's justified as long as you have 0 stats invested - I don't get why it should be worse than the other buffs if I have 34 int/faith. The duration should scale with stats, not the damage or no scaling at all.

In my case it just doesn't make sense to stick with it - I'll probably try to empty one offhand and use a staff for Dark Weapon (or use Charcoal Resin). IMO they made Flame Weapon obsolete with the changes, same for Resonant Weapon.

BTW Dark Weapon uses one slot, has 4 uses and is way easier to get than Flame Weapon.

Edited by Assurhaddon

I still think Fire Weapon is still worth using on weapons infused with fire or already have fire damage on them if you aren't running a int/faith/hex build of some sort for the longer buff duration.

The Resin still is superior in every way - infuse dark does more damage by default (unless you use Black Knight stuff, I guess), why should I even go for fire?

At least for "lategame". I don't like how pyromancy is only good for Forbidden Sun.

Edit:

Dark Souls II DLC got announced, a triology so far:

Edited by Assurhaddon

Can you powerstance two whips? Because that would be the most badass thing.

Powerstance whips is a thing. Not that great unless you use something like the Spotted Whip to poison people quickly.

That hole in the wall in the preview pic looks kind of like a hand flipping somebody in the distance off

Edited by Rehab

It always was.

Besides the meta is heavy as fuck armor and anything you want to use because with GMB you are basically unkillable by anyone unless they are using a mundane dagger with 99 across the board.

• 3 weeks later...

Got this game today. Beat the Dragon Rider on first try. Then went and beat the Last Giant on first try. Then died on my way back to the bonfire from a guy I had left at the top of the elevator because I kept hitting walls instead of him. Figured "No big deal, my 12,000 souls are right down there, I'll jump down and get them." Jumped down instead of taking the ladder. Died.

gg me.

Also why does this game have such an extravagant character creator when you won't even see those edits 99% of the time?

Also why does this game have such an extravagant character creator when you won't even see those edits 99% of the time?

To make me angry. To make me waste countless hours and never get a satisfying result

You won't be saying how good it is when you start diving into PvP.

You rank up with the blue dudes by invading and killing 50 sinners. Then 150 sinners. Then 500 sinners.

And it doesn't matter if you lose. As long as you get a kill your rank counter will go up. Losing doesn't affect it.

Unlike the Brotherhood of Blood. But only in the arena. Because invading with the orbs you win to rank up was a stupid idea. Instead you have to contend with some of the worst people and builds and usually both in order to rank up and get shitty prizes from the covenant leader.

And don't bother putting on the Blue Sentinel ring. It rarely ever works and if it does it's usually some guy who can't fight his own battle since he put it on when he got invaded and just stalled so a blue could help or they are just trying to gank invaders.

But all of this best done in NG+ because invading in regular NG is usually not that great because people usually don't invade much with red orbs or kill NPCs to gain sin and even you yourself getting invaded only happens like once if you're lucky on regular NG unless you go to the Belfrys. Have fun fighting two grey phantoms that gank and taunt if they manage to kill you. Which is very likely.

I hate the belfry luna but I love it. like I can't decide. It's good because souls, it's bad because power stance and getting ganged up on.

Oh. Lame. :/ I should join another covenant like the sunbros.

new patch coming

Bug and glitch fixes. Adjustments to problem weapons, weapon combos, and armor. You know the ones. Some stuff getting buffed like reaper, twinblade, and claw class weapons.

Some magic getting the nerf bat some more among other things.