Tharja figure released (Mar 17th)

it was always an improper translation because the katakana reads "sarya". we were stuck with "sariya" until the english release because somebody fucked up in the prerelease hype period, and unlike the initial misreading of "nn" as "soso" nobody bothered correcting it

fortunately, now that we're a year into the english version being a thing, i don't have to get as snippy about it as i used to :P

That's a bit unfair, I think. Sariya is close enough to Sarya, for all intents and purposes.

Unless you're not pronouncing it like "Rior" in "Warrior".

And that somebody was probably me XD

That's a bit unfair, I think. Sariya is close enough to Sarya, for all intents and purposes.

Unless you're not pronouncing it like "Rior" in "Warrior".

And that somebody was probably me XD

in written form it's not that obvious, but "riya" and "rya" are noticeably very different sounds from each other, and in spoken Japanese one is highly unlikely to mistake one for the other. admittedly it doesn't matter too much in the grander scheme of things, but it was still an error, and it's always a shame when websites seeking to accurately report information on a game get something so simple wrong

(the "n_n" thing was amusing though even if "nn" actually isn't all that obtuse to pronounce as far as Japanese goes)

The price is dropped to 9,080 yen on Amazon JP.

However, I won't have it either, since I don't trust PVC's chemical stability.

amiami's price is the lowest out of most JP online stores with 8,620 JPY. I never recommend amazon for PVC or character figures even if it's from Japan. I usually use Amiami, HLJ, HobbySearch, BiJ or mandarake for the best prices.