Question For Patches

Nah, it would probably be too complicated.

I'm pretty sure a lot of the important stuff is hardcoded. Like the exp rates and what enemy data is being loaded.

Shadowofchaos did make an English patch for the Japanese version though : P

Edited by VincentASM

Lol thanks and that isn't very helpful atm. I've been searching for the Japanese iso but with no prevail :| I did read that there is ar codes to increase the difficulty but it just wont be the same.

Well, I'm just being honest as one of the very few people who hacks FE9 : P

In the Western FE fandom, people only hack the GBA FEs (although there are a handful who dabble in SNES hacking).

The only way you'll have the authentic Maniac Mode experience is with the Japanese version unless we can somehow rope some dedicated GameCube hackers to show us how it's done.

But I can definitely understand your pain; I'm lucky I grabbed the Japanese ISO when it was still hot.

Lucky you! Well thanks for replying and stuff. That English patch looks very nice!

Just go for the English transcription ShadowofChaos did. Be aware that there may be some formatting issues/hard crashes you might have to skip past, due to the nature of the patch (these scripts are brute-force copied in in the same way FE_Girls and the Final Fantasy XII International English patches were). Second to that, playing in Japanese isn't all that difficult, especially if you have played this game before in your native language, or played another Fire Emblem games. They are quite simple and visual games, thankfully :)