Can someone tell me what's SMT about? :)

SMT was really not that much all 'Law VS Chaos', it was just a tiny team-building choice, and a tiny end-game choice.

It had nothing to do with the extreme, or the bullcrap that they put in front of our face like in Strange Journey, SMTIV or DS2.

Same with Neutral, it was just doing what both factions told you to do, or giving them the finger, now it's all 'humanity is awesome', maintaining the status-quo, or such bull. Pfeh, how boring and dumb.

Nocturne and DS1 had every path you wanted. Like Der Langrisser.

In FEXSMT, the SMT part looks more like Persona, they are not that good story-wise. :p

Gameplay-wise, SMT or Persona, you're gonna lose a lot, though SMTIV was just freaking easy for me.

SMT was really not that much all 'Law VS Chaos', it was just a tiny team-building choice, and a tiny end-game choice.

It had nothing to do with the extreme, or the bullcrap that they put in front of our face like in Strange Journey, SMTIV or DS2.

Same with Neutral, it was just doing what both factions told you to do, or giving them the finger, now it's all 'humanity is awesome', maintaining the status-quo, or such bull. Pfeh, how boring and dumb.

Nocturne and DS1 had every path you wanted. Like Der Langrisser.

In FEXSMT, the SMT part looks more like Persona, they are not that good story-wise. :p

Gameplay-wise, SMT or Persona, you're gonna lose a lot, though SMTIV was just freaking easy for me.

Not good? You don't know what you're talking about. Really. Every game to date has contained some actual real world problem or at least alludes to human flaws. 3 is death, and wanting to leave a life of misery behind, 4 is focused on how humans only see what truth they want to see, whether it is rightful or wrongful. P1 and P1 focus on the inner mind and how rumors can actually be harmful in the long run respectively. DeSu focuses on what would happen if you gave humans actual demons to summon, and what they would do with it. Don't deny it, we're pretty irresponsible as race tbh.

SMT focuses on the struggles of Christianity pretty much. Demons from other mythology are added in there. It is true they go to the extreme in viewpoints. A little overdone it is the apocalypse every time, but what can you do?

The series as a whole basically explores religion and philosophy, and the Persona series explores actual human flaws and desires. I don't see how they aren't good. The stories may have parts where they slack off, but they are still good entries. P4 probably went over the top with bonds and stuff, but it portrayed a clear and actual message. Please stop spreading misinformation and giving people a cup half-full of personal bias.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yes, Strange Journey. All the cynicism in the demon convos make the game look like nihilist propaganda. I'm cynical myself, and even I find it excessive :/

To add to what was said before, Devil Survivor and Persona are much lighter in tone than the mainline series. I enjoy those subseries the most.