Staff Animation glitch

Solum

Hi guys, I discovered that I got a problem with staves in my hack. I really don't know where it comes but whenever a unit uses a staff the game freezes before the "battle" begins. It doesn't matter if the animation is set on OFF or 1 or 2 or solo, the game still freezes like this :

And every staff is making the game crash.

647248StaffG.png

I know there's not many details about it. But that's about all I can tell since I really don't know where this comes from...

Just in case somebody already encountered this glitch and found out the solution. Thanks !

Edited by Solum

Up ! I found the <<Reason>> why this glitch happens. It's because of an image insertion that it's screwing all staves.

The weapon image to be correct. In my case this one :

256466WeaponEditFile.png

So... I don't know what is messing with this image.

With this new information maybe someone may be able to tell me what's this image's problem.

Thanks~

Edited by Solum

I'm guessing (but could be wrong) that you overrode stuff by inserting the item icons in which case you have two choices to fix it:

1- resort to a backup

2- open a clean rom in a hex editor and copy the data from the start of the item icons (0xCBEA4 I think) for a good long while ; maybe until about 0xCD000 and write it to the glitches rom in the same location.

The item icons are at 0xC5EA4, 0xCBEA4 is the palette.

I solved the problem. The image I put before was just an edit of the icons that was already in the rom. So I just saved the original image as a bitmap with GBAGE and modified the stuff without external add. And it worked. I think it's my Usenti that was screwing the palette or something... Well I'm not really sure. The problem seems to be solved so thanks for your help =)