Mario Kart 8

kingddd

Totally, Sweet Sweet Canon is my fave. Also the best is Grumble, why you guys hate Grumble, it's beautiful *shrugs*

They just don't have any Taste Quint, Grumble is great! As is the Turnpike which no one loves :'(

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just don't have any Taste Quint, Grumble is great! As is the Turnpike which no one loves :'(

Totally, Sweet Sweet Canon is my fave. Also the best is Grumble, why you guys hate Grumble, it's beautiful *shrugs*

To be honest, I love all the Mario Kart 8 stages which is surprising for me considering I usually have at least one that I really don't like. Yes even Dolphin Shoals.

Also some interesting developments occuring with people analyzing the filestructures in Mario Kart 8 they found some DLC prefixes for the track folders

http://mk8.tockdom.com/wiki/Filesystem/content/ui/cmn/a_ending/timg

There is a fast ghost time trials which seems to be a scrapped thing

http://mk8.tockdom.com/wiki/Filesystem/content/ghost

And some interesting unused icons

mario_kart_8_unused_cups.png

Also the best is Grumble, why you guys hate Grumble, it's beautiful *shrugs*

You guys' bad taste confirms itself.

Totally would've loved a Shine Cup. Ah well.

Also, GCN Sherbet Land is the most underrated Mario Kart course that ever has existed, does exist, and will exist. It is the only MK8 I could race on multiple times a day and not get tired of.

although i don't know why the people here love sweet sweet canyon here so much

Grumble Volcano is too lol so wacky for me. On the other hand, Turnpike is nowhere near wacky enough, but those are the only two I dislike.

My favorite track is Thwomp Ruins. It's pretty, and putting the shortcut at the start is a nice change of pace. I like all the new tracks, same as kingddd.

Edited by BuddyBoy

I'm late to the party (the Mario party... sorry, I had to), I only just got the game the other day. It's pretty baller. I love the electrodome track. Does anyone have some good advice on what car/wheel/glider combinations to use?

Only ten days to go until Mario and co. are driving around in Mercedes...

Anyway, I really suck whenever it comes to Mario Circuit online. I can never finish in the top half of the racer on that course. I nearly came third, but a red shell on the last corner caused me to drop five places. :sob:

I'm late to the party (the Mario party... sorry, I had to), I only just got the game the other day. It's pretty baller. I love the electrodome track. Does anyone have some good advice on what car/wheel/glider combinations to use?

Depends on what sta you want maximize or if you want to have them balanced. If you want Max Sp setup, you can go:

- Mach 8/Circuit Special/Sports Coupe/Gold Kart

- Slick/Cyber Slick Wheels

- The Glider depends if you want more Acceleration or Weight, that's the only difference among Gliders.

For that setup you can use Bowser/Wario/Roy/Morton. But the setup really depends on how do you like to race.

Get some full speed up in here m8: Circuit Special, Slick Wheels, and a BOSS glider. Don't forget to drop into the tourney either, man.

Edited by Gaia

Eh. I say you should use a Medium weight with any setup. Top speed is totally overdone :P.

I drive the Biddybuggy/Standard/Cloud. I also like the Standard Kart and Pipe Frame, because I normally love the standard karts, and I love Ludwig's Pipe color..

It's why i never win as larry or ludwig

No Donkey Kong/Pink Gold Peach?

Both of them will also give you a good Max.Spd. so you can use them without loosing too much Max.Speed compared to Bowser/Morton/Wario.

Using DK/Waluigi/Rosalina/Roy will give you a bit more Acceleration than PinkGoldPeach/MetalMario but will give you less Weight so you can be shoved of a cliff a bit easier. Both of the groups have the same Max.Spd though.

I didn't get it at first.

Buddy Boy: wow i sux

I must, regrettably, formally relinquish the title of CC GOD. IDK, Jazzah's the runner up, I guess. I mean, you beat me that one time when we were playing without items, but the boosts made it unfair... right? :sweatdrop:

Edited by Gaia

New DLC

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-ddc/the-legend-of-zelda-x-mario-kart-8-aoc-pack-digital-download/10991121.html

DLC images

Qmhk8fD.jpg

RbgWoQ6.jpg

About the AOC Pack

Each Add On Content pack will contain two new cups, each with four courses, which, in total, increases the number of available courses by 50 percent. The Add On Content packs include classics like Wario’s Gold Mine from Mario Kart Wii, as well as new courses, some taking place in the worlds of The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing. New vehicles will also arrive with each pack, including the Blue Falcon kart representing the F-Zero franchise in the first AOC pack.

Mario Kart 8 Pack 1 - Released: November 2014

Pack 1 includes:
3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link
4 Vehicles
8 Courses

Mario Kart 8 Pack 2 - Released: May 2015

Pack 2 includes:
3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
4 Vehicles
8 Courses
As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.

It BEGINS!!!

Edited by kingddd