A new web browser from Google

The Envoy of the Beginning

It'll be worth using if it has sufficient support. Firefox clearly dominates in terms of support in regard to its cast array of available extensions. If Google's new browser is prove a superior browser then I will consider switching to it. Unfortunately for Google, Mozilla (and to a lesser degree other organizations which create web browsers) inspired Microsoft to pay much more attention to Internet Explorer. The market (if it counts as a market) will be much tougher for Google than it was for Mozilla unless the company truly can produce a revolutionary and superior product. I personally have not found Google's on-line applications more useful than software I already have access to. I suppose we'll have a much better idea of how worthy Chrome is once a stable version is released.

Has Google lost its image as a company opposed to evil or have it's privacy issues degraded that reputation?

Edited by Wist

I don't mean to suggest any personal affection or discontent towards Google. In the public eye, Google was seen as the large company most opposed the perceived evils of most corporations. I am wondering whether or not the general public's opinion has changed.

quote from google chrome's EULA:

By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive licence to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This licence is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services

hmmm that doesn't look quite good to me. I'd rather just stick with Opera and Firefox. If i really wanted this, i'd get the open source project that this is based on: Chromium. All i'd have to do is compile it. At least you wouldn't be bound by that stupid EULA either if you did that.

This also tends to update without even notifing you, just like other google programs. I don't care for that. Programs going behind my back doing crap without my say in it.

It does run fast enough, but Opera runs fast enough for me and i like the user interface better.

Don't forget this is only a beta, so they should hopefully fix whatever problems it has. I say i couldn't really rate how good this browser is until the final version is released. Until then, i'm keeping this off of my computer.

it gave me a virus

I blame stupid google for making a horrible browser. At this point, i think my opinion of google chrome is just about at the level of Internet Explorer.

To everyone: Get firefox or Opera. Screw google chrome, and don't use internet explorer unless your HAVE TO.

That is all.

Didn't I hear something about this browser keeping memory of more personal information than what it probably should

lol, yeah "personal"

i dont really care about it, im just gunna keep using the normal one...