Generals or GK

leakin

Generals or GK?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. which is better

• Generals
    • GK
    • Both

That depends. In Genealogy, the bloated maps make it hard to use Generals and their poor movement. In Thracia, the maps aren't so big, making Generals a little easier to use. But then again, Brighton and Hicks can cap defense fairly easily, so whatever (Generals can use all four weapon types, though).

In Sacred Stones, it basically comes down to 1 movement versus slightly better caps and Great Shield. I would say the extra movement wins because Great Shield sucks and slightly higher caps don't make much of a difference. Though the Great Knight sprite in Stones looks like crap to me, so I still choose Generals.

Edited by Musashi

Great Knights as a class are actually pretty bad in Genealogy. They don't have pursuit and are locked into the worst weapon type in the game. Their only redeeming quality is the Hero Axe; without it, Lex and Johan are almost completely irrelevant. In fact, Johan is probably irrelevant even with the Hero Axe. =/

Even with all that in mind, Generals are still worse than Great Knights in Genealogy.

Great Knights as a class are actually pretty bad in Genealogy. They don't have pursuit and are locked into the worst weapon type in the game. Their only redeeming quality is the Hero Axe; without it, Lex and Johan are almost completely irrelevant. In fact, Johan is probably irrelevant even with the Hero Axe. =/

Even with all that in mind, Generals are still worse than Great Knights in Genealogy.

Shit, I was thinking Masterknights. Well, Lex was pretty good. Johan was pretty much crap, though.

In Sacred Stones, it basically comes down to 1 movement versus slightly better caps and Great Shield. I would say the extra movement wins because Great Shield sucks and slightly higher caps don't make much of a difference. Though the Great Knight sprite in Stones looks like crap to me, so I still choose Generals.

I thought Great Knights had reduced max movement speed back down to 6. It's been awhile since I actually had a GK, though, because I this playthrough, the only Cavalier I used was Forde and I turned him into a Paladin.

Either way, I go with General. Generals are weak to hammers and people with magic, while Great Knights are weak to Longswords and Halbreds, which I always seemed to come across way more often.

Honestly, the horse units in most FE games I've played are kind of boring. Because they all have "average" stat gains, they always get screwed for me in everything. Oscar got to level 14 in Path of Radiance for me with 9 strength, defense, and speed for example.

In FE8, Generals. Better caps, vulnerable only to armor-effective weapons (while Great Knights are vulnerable to both armor-effective and horse-effective weapons), and the Greak Shield skill.

I haven't played FE4/FE5 enough to know how GKs fare.

I thought Great Knights had reduced max movement speed back down to 6. It's been awhile since I actually had a GK, though, because I this playthrough, the only Cavalier I used was Forde and I turned him into a Paladin.

Either way, I go with General. Generals are weak to hammers and people with magic, while Great Knights are weak to Longswords and Halbreds, which I always seemed to come across way more often.

Honestly, the horse units in most FE games I've played are kind of boring. Because they all have "average" stat gains, they always get screwed for me in everything. Oscar got to level 14 in Path of Radiance for me with 9 strength, defense, and speed for example.

There's only 1 horse unit in FE7 that's balanced, and that's Kent. :/ Thought I'm guessing you've yet to play FE7.

Stats & Abilities(If any):Generals win this obviously but their ability is pretty uneccessary since most have MONSTER def. anyway...

Coolness:Both, Generals are great and Great Knights are...great.

Animation:Personally I hate both. First who turns around to hit someone? Also Generals' animation is really boring to watch, ESPECIALLY in the last chapter of FE 10. lol. These can be cured with turning animation off, but what's the fun in that?

Stats & Abilities(If any):Generals win this obviously but their ability is pretty uneccessary since most have MONSTER def. anyway...

Coolness:Both, Generals are great and Great Knights are...great.

Animation:Personally I hate both. First who turns around to hit someone? Also Generals' animation is really boring to watch, ESPECIALLY in the last chapter of FE 10. lol. These can be cured with turning animation off, but what's the fun in that?

i almost never have animations on with any fire embem game, exept part 4 of 10 cause the 3rd tier annimations are awsome

Both... more classes better Game...

Although I don't like either...

Not if the classes suck. If something like a Mage Knight (Which is pretty useless considering there are Valkyrie) comes back, would the game be automatically better? No.