My new medic looks so awesome!

Nicolas

So if we were to draft a 6v6, with trying to include as many people in the thread as possible. it would like something like:

Xeld: Demoman

Gemma: Heavy (Medic?)

Pat: Soldier

DSG: Sniper

Lux: Pyro

Nicolas: Medic (Heavy?)

It seems like these were everyone's top picks. I can also do Scout if Sniper really isn't that effective, or denying uber/kritz becomes something that I start to choke on. Wasn't really sure if Nicholas wanted in, but we needed a 6th from the people in the thread who have shown interest. If he decides he doesn't want the spot or doesn't feel up to it, we could draft another SFer if we wanted to make this a reality.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ideally, we want a full Highlander team of 9. If we were to do 6v6, we should probably run the standard Demo, Medic, 2 Soldiers, and 2 Scouts lineup. (Of course, people would be able to off class if needed.)

But I would really prefer a Highlander team. We just need 3 more people and hopefully someone who can pay Engy.

So if we were to draft a 6v6, with trying to include as many people in the thread as possible. it would like something like:

Xeld: Demoman

Gemma: Heavy (Medic?)

Pat: Soldier

DSG: Sniper

Lux: Pyro

Nicolas: Medic (Heavy?)

It seems like these were everyone's top picks. I can also do Scout if Sniper really isn't that effective, or denying uber/kritz becomes something that I start to choke on. Wasn't really sure if Nicholas wanted in, but we needed a 6th from the people in the thread who have shown interest. If he decides he doesn't want the spot or doesn't feel up to it, we could draft another SFer if we wanted to make this a reality.

If we're doing 6v6, we're going to need at least 1 scout(I guess I could scout, but I'd need to train)

But HL is preferable IMO

I have 12h on Medic and something around 85h total tf2 playtime.

If you don't have anything agaist playing with someone like me I can join. However I live in eastern europe, So my conection might be laggy and timezones...

IMO you should find someone other, but if there is no one I can play.

I have 12h on Medic and something around 85h total tf2 playtime.

If you don't have anything agaist playing with someone like me I can join. However I live in eastern europe, So my conection might be laggy and timezones...

IMO you should find someone other, but if there is no one I can play.

Like we've been saying, this is far from professional. I have no problems with you joining. You'll probably pick up tf2 skills far faster playing like this, too. Just remember:

I don't think any of us are pros.

maybe not at competitive play but I am definitely a pro at putting a loch pill on a moving target's head from across a map

Edited by Izayoi

maybe not at competitive play but I am definitely a pro at putting a loch pill on a moving target's head from across a map

I can vouch. He's good with it that's for sure. Although I'm thinking 4-pill might work better for a Highlander team.

I will say that the loch wrecks scouts, demo's biggest weakness. But since we're supposed to actually play like a team, you'll probably have someone helping cover you. Most likely a pyro, since defensive/support pyro is by far the most popular style for Highlander. Keep in mind, there's no (random) crits. That's why I think having a 4-pill would be best.

Edited by Patricius Patrician

So it seems as if the general thoughts is to open this up to more SFers? If Nic does end up backing out (don't let your connection ruin your fun!) then we should try and draft 4 more people.

I get the appeal of the 4pill but I can snipe better with the toonker. Isn't that what we'll be doing mostly? Picking them off when they get too close? Unless I try to rout the enemy with a hilariously op spawnkill spree using a sticky jump and caber/pill spam? Oh wait, that was what some pro did in a video of himself pulling off something that's probably rare even for him.

tfw you have almost a thousand hours of tf2 play experience not counting console, over 300 hours of medic play, over a hundred hours of (long past) 6v6 comp, a forum you frequent is actually putting together a team maybe??? and a blown-up graphics card

tfw you have almost a thousand hours of tf2 play experience not counting console, over 300 hours of medic play, over a hundred hours of (long past) 6v6 comp, a forum you frequent is actually putting together a team maybe??? and a blown-up graphics card

Damn, man. Hope you can get a new one soon.

Double posting to bring this up: We should have an official recruitment thread to gather interest, with links of interest such as Highlander rules, banned weaponry, and perhaps an FAQ. Also need to discuss team ownership and such (Keep in mind it is a big responsibility, even if we would be an Iron division team). This would encourage others to join in, I have no doubt.

Edited by Patricius Patrician

I'll get around to making a thread later today once all my university classes are finished up if no one else makes one before then. I think there, once more users have expressed interest, we can talk about ownership and responsibilities.