support activation

recently finished fe5, so i decided to move on with my life to the next one. i couldn't find this info under the resource page of SF for some reason, so i just wanted to double check if it's the same as previous installments.

to receive the bonus from a support that's been activated with a conversation are the units required to be within a 3 tile radius of each other? or is it that once a support level is activated both units receive the bonus permanently regardless of map position / deployment?

i just started a new pt so i haven't gotten any levels of support to check. some of the supports i'm looking at involve units with conflicting base movement ranges, so i thought i'd ask.

thanks in advance.

Edited by blackophantom of the decks

I'm pretty sure you know at this point that every support in the GBA FEs require units to be next to each other for a certain amount of turns for every support level. (And that FE6 has a limit to how many support levels per chapter you can form.) So I'll just say this.

Support bonuses do require the supported units to be within three spaces from each other to work. Naturally, this is often used against the viability of certain unit pairs. Especially if the pair in question has two characters with conflicting movement ranges. (Unless if one of the characters in question is a Troubadour.) Trying to argue just how useful they are is another story.