[FE4] item inheritance (end Chapter 3)

Damosel

I'd like advice on item inheritance.

On my current playthrough of FE4 I'm right at the very end of Chapter 3 trying to get everything in order before I have Sigurd seize Orgahil. And I'm having a tricky time deciding what equipment to let Ethlyn leave with.

I'd really like to keep her light brand, because I have quite a few magically inclined fighter kids planned (Azel!Delmund, Claude!Fee). But I also have Lewyn!Arthur in the works so I can't spare the pursuit ring.

I was thinking of possibly letting Ethlyn wander off with Ayra's brave sword- simply because I can give the twins the silver sword/blade and they'll still wreck the map. Also everyone'll be within promotion range with Chapter 4's Arena alone, so I don't need to keep the Elite ring and could let Ethlyn take that too.

But would Leif be worth it?

Also Delmund I'm really torn on what sword would be best for him to inherit. My last run-through was Finn!Delmund and he didn't inherit anything weaponwise and I remember how much he struggled compared to the rest of the kids. With the fact that I didn't have Azel grab Shagaal's silver blade, what swords would you suggest?

I was thinking the defense sword and maybe the light brand would be good...but I'm not sure.

But would Leif be worth it?

Yes.

With the fact that I didn't have Azel grab Shagaal's silver blade, what swords would you suggest?

I was thinking the defense sword and maybe the light brand would be good...but I'm not sure.

The other magic swords would be good for him. The Thunder Sword was dropped by the first boss of the chapter and the Wind Sword can be found by making Dew stand in the front of the tower where Claude appeared.

The other magic swords would be good for him. The Thunder Sword was dropped by the first boss of the chapter and the Wind Sword can be found by making Dew stand in the front of the tower where Claude appeared.

The thunder sword was going to go to Fee, while Patty would get the wind sword (cause range on a theif is a beautiful thing). Which is why I wanted to keep the light brand for Del... although I have heard Seliph can be great with it and the magic ring.

I can't quite remember when you get the fire sword, but it's late enough it'll likely go to Nana.

Edited by Damosel

When I have a delmud who can not inherent A swords, i give him the armor slayer and arrange for one of the twins to sell him a good sword(a steel blade works in the absence of anything else)

I'd like advice on item inheritance.

On my current playthrough of FE4 I'm right at the very end of Chapter 3 trying to get everything in order before I have Sigurd seize Orgahil. And I'm having a tricky time deciding what equipment to let Ethlyn leave with.

1. I'd really like to keep her light brand, because I have quite a few magically inclined fighter kids planned (Azel!Delmund, Claude!Fee). But I also have Lewyn!Arthur in the works so I can't spare the pursuit ring.

2. I was thinking of possibly letting Ethlyn wander off with Ayra's brave sword- simply because I can give the twins the silver sword/blade and they'll still wreck the map. Also everyone'll be within promotion range with Chapter 4's Arena alone, so I don't need to keep the Elite ring and could let Ethlyn take that too.

3. But would Leif be worth it?

4. Also Delmund I'm really torn on what sword would be best for him to inherit. My last run-through was Finn!Delmund and he didn't inherit anything weaponwise and I remember how much he struggled compared to the rest of the kids. With the fact that I didn't have Azel grab Shagaal's silver blade, what swords would you suggest?

1. Ethlyn should have it after Deu makes use of it to get him caught up as he will get the Wind/Thunder Swords by then.

2. Ethlyn's kids won't pass the sword down like Ayra's kids will. Better have Ayra hold on to it so Larcei can get it upon her joining time. She then can put it in the shop for the twins to buy. If your not planning to use Teeny, then that is fine as Teeny need it alot more.

3. Usually, no. It would have to take alot of kids for him to rescue as well as getting the Paragon Ring to catch him up.

4. The Silver Sword that Sigurd used to get it 50+ kills. He would need that in order to get him started. Actually advised if you have the sub, Tristan. But...go with Wood's advice and use the Silver Blade as it hits hard enough to 0HKO many of the axemen there.

5. The Defense Sword. Have Ayra get it to pass it down. Sell it in the shop later as it gives Larcei better defense for chapter 6 and her skills making her have good use of that weapon there. Then pass it down to Leylia, or have her keep it.

-----

There is something else important that you should know about. If you're using Teeny, then I suggest having Tilti pass down the Paragon Ring to her as her children need access to paragon at any cost to get one of them(Paragon Ring), or both if Zechs(Paragon Skill) is their father to have them catch up with everyone else after Ch7. Also, pass down the Knight and Pursuit Rings as you won't ever see them again if you don't. Finn will want to keep the Hero Lance to have him hit harder when he has to defend against Bloom's army in ch7 as they will harass Leonster many times. XD

Everything else can be received in the second gen if you don't have enough money to pass everything down to the kids.

Edited by Dark_Huntress

The best users of the Elite Ring are Seliph/Leaf/Arthur because their promotions give them more than anyone else. The former two also like the Brave Sword for that reason, it increases their ability to get kills. However, Leaf lacks Pursuit before promotion, though he does have Continue/Critical which helps him use it somewhat.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for hijacking, but

What happens to items that aren't passed down? Like things in the item shop, pawn shop, killer/brave weapons on 1st Gen men who did not hook up with a playable woman e.g. killer/brave bows on Midayle or Jamka but Aideen & Briggid's lovers don't use bows

Also if like Dew missed out on the Wind Sword in chapter 3, is it still obtainable in Part 2?

Sorry for hijacking, but

What happens to items that aren't passed down? Like things in the item shop, pawn shop, killer/brave weapons on 1st Gen men who did not hook up with a playable woman e.g. killer/brave bows on Midayle or Jamka but Aideen & Briggid's lovers don't use bows

Also if like Dew missed out on the Wind Sword in chapter 3, is it still obtainable in Part 2?

Almost all of them will still be available in Gen 2, mostly from enemies or the item shop. The wind sword can be bought from the item shop in chapter 10. For a full list check this page: http://serenesforest.net/fe4/location.html

Sorry for hijacking, but

Usualy, the game puts them in the item shop beginning at a specific chapter or they are given to a specific enemy to drop. The exceptions are: the defence sword, Ichival, holsety, the varliki staff and the knight ring (but not the gea blog, which you will get the same way in gen 2 no matter what you do in gen 1). Additionally, if you did not obtain and repair the tyrfang in Gen 1, the event to give it to you in gen 2 will not occur(it will never be directly inhereted), and if you have some one inherit a weapon of the same type as their gen 2 starting weapon, the starting weapon will be unobtainable. For example, if sigurd has a slim sword, celice will only have sigurd's slim sword, and not the one that he gets when the game spawns him in chapter 6. This can be circumvented by checking this list for any such items and then putting those items in storage before the end of chapter 5: http://serenesforest.net/fe4/start_items.html Use that list in combination with this list: http://serenesforest.net/fe4/inheritance.html to see who is descended from whom(mothers always give items to their daughters, except for brigid and ethlin, who give to their sons and their husbands, who give to their daughters). Note that both of those lists, as well as the one linkes in the above post use old fan names, not those in the current patch(reblow is psychic, relive is mend, ect). Also, driedrie's Items do NOT pass on to Julia, and are treated as uninhereted.

Edited by sirmola

Also, driedrie's Items do NOT pass on to Julia, and are treated as uninhereted.

Which is why that you have to sell the Silence Staff before Deidre's departure.

When I have a delmud who can not inherent A swords, i give him the armor slayer and arrange for one of the twins to sell him a good sword(a steel blade works in the absence of anything else)

Almost two weeks late and not sure if you were implying Delmud sometimes doesn't have A swords...but Delmud always has A swords! His class has B rank, and then Lachesis gives him minor Hezul to boost it to A. So there's no reason not to give him a Silver Blade.

Almost two weeks late and not sure if you were implying Delmud sometimes doesn't have A swords...but Delmud always has A swords! His class has B rank, and then Lachesis gives him minor Hezul to boost it to A. So there's no reason not to give him a Silver Blade.

I think he meant that Delmud can't always inherit A swords because his father can't always use A swords (for example if Azel is the father). This is why swords are the easiest weapons to inherit, because in gen 2 you begin with two characters that can always inherit A swords (Seliph and Larcei). So for example if you pair Lex with Ayra inheritence really isn't a problem because even though Lex can't use swords, Larcei can just inherit an extra sword and sell it to her brother.

I think he meant that Delmud can't always inherit A swords because his father can't always use A swords (for example if Azel is the father). This is why swords are the easiest weapons to inherit, because in gen 2 you begin with two characters that can always inherit A swords (Seliph and Larcei). So for example if you pair Lex with Ayra inheritence really isn't a problem because even though Lex can't use swords, Larcei can just inherit an extra sword and sell it to her brother.

That is what i meant. Sometimes, you can get around this by having Delmud's father kill shagal for the silver blade drop, but as you said ulster often has the same issue if his father can not use A swords(like noish, which people do because meteor/critical is broken), or any at all (Jamka is more common than you might think because then both twins get every multihit skill in the game), and there is only one silver blade.

Edited by sirmola