Smash Bros. 4 Alternate Costumes

Naui

So, as we've seen so far there are some characters with alternate costumes. As it stands right now we got the following alternate costumes:

Wii Fit Trainer - Male and Female versions

Little Mac - Arcade Wireframe

Wario - Classic and WarioWare costumes.

What sort of alternate costumes would you like to see?

Lucina for Marth if she doesn't make it in playable. She's kinda like the female version of Marth anyways and it wouldn't be too much of a stretch since there's a male/female version of Wii fit trainer (and maybe/hopefully villager). At the very least I'd like Masked Marth.

And I want shiny Greninja!

Lucina for Marth if she doesn't make it in playable. She's kinda like the female version of Marth anyways and it wouldn't be too much of a stretch since there's a male/female version of Wii fit trainer (and maybe/hopefully villager). At the very least I'd like Masked Marth.

It's gonna be Masked Marth if it happens, Nintendo doesn't want to spoil you. Shiny Pokemon are definitely getting in. And Little Mac wireframe! YES!

I've got some things in mind for some characters. :) This is in addition to the different colors available (those are used for team matches and stuff, so yeah), including Toon Link's Four Sword colorations.

Ike:

Default: Either Ranger Ike or Hero Ike

Costume 2: Ranger Ike or Hero Ike depending which is the default

Costume 3: Lord Ike

Costume 4: Vanguard Ike

Costume 5: Awakening Ike

Luigi:

Default: Obviously what he normally wears

Costume 2: Dr. Luigi

Costume 3: Mr. L (from Super Paper Mario)

Costume 4: Fire Luigi

Costume 5: Striker Luigi (Mario Strikers games)

Mario:

Default: Again, obviously the norm

Costume 2: Dr. Mario

Costume 3: Fire Mario

Costume 4: Cosmic Clone Mario (from the SMG games)

Costume 5: Striker Mario (Mario Strikers games)

Link:

Default: Green tunic, obviously

Costume 2: Zora Armor

Costume 3: Magic Armor

Costume 4: Goron Tunic (with a bit of a redesign though, so it doesn't look like a simple recolor)

Costume 5: Dark Link

Toon Link:

Default: Green tunic, again obvious

Costume 2: Shadow Link

Costume 3: Classic Link

Costume 4: Blue Mail (ALBW variation)

Costume 5: Red Mail (ALBW variation)

Chrom:

Default: Lord Chrom

Costume 2: Great Lord Chrom

Costume 3: Paladin Chrom (would rather have Great Knight, but it'd logically make him heavier, so...)

Costume 4: Bow Knight Chrom (cause Sniper lacks swords)

Costume 5: Dread Fighter Chrom

And that's all I can think of, really.

So, as we've seen so far there are some characters with alternate costumes. As it stands right now we got the following alternate costumes:

Little Mac - Arcade Wireframe

What sort of alternate costumes would you like to see?

...*sigh* YOU GUYS

COME ON

Wireframe Mac is NOT an alternate costume with its own set of color palettes like the other two-- he's just a normal color swap in the same vein as Dark Link / Blood Falcon / Daisy / Fusion Suit Samus in Brawl.

I like both of these ideas, although honestly, I'd rather just have straight-up Lucina than Marth-mask Lucina.

Bring Doctor Mario back. Just reskin his fireballs as pills and you're set. You don't even need to do new voice clips.

Maybe do this for the other clone characters too.

Hell, I don't even care if they reskin the pills. Agreed

Ike:

Vanguard Ike

Toon Link:

Classic Link

I'm with you on these! (Classic Link would be like Link from ALttP or ALbW right?)

In addition to those suggested, I'd add:

- Female Villager (I'm actually going to be a little mad if this one isn't added bcuz sexism; forget Sammy's hooker jet boots)

- Fusion Suit Samus (there were lots of cool alt palettes for it in Metroid Fusion)

Edited by BANRYU

...*sigh* YOU GUYS

COME ON

Wireframe Mac is NOT an alternate costume with its own set of color palettes like the other two-- he's just a normal color swap in the same vein as Dark Link / Blood Falcon / Daisy / Fusion Suit Samus in Brawl.

Well, however you want to slice it, it's still very different from just a normal palette swap. But if it's considered like that then that means that we could consider Super Punch Out!! Little Mac.

Others would be Other M Samus in her regular clothes for Zero Suit.

I particularly liked the Virtua Boy R.O.B. from Project M

Zelda's one of the few not mentioned here and she's really easy to pick costumes from all series. Given that her TP is her default, I'd want OoT Zelda back and SS Zelda the most.

Olimar could swap out for Louie, the President, Alph, Brittany, and/or Charlie

I'd like it if Snake got his MGS1 outfit as an alt., assuming his return.

Aside from that, anything that's an alt. in Project M (asside from possibly the Melee textures) would be cool. OoT Link, Dr. Mario, Ness in his pajamas, Piggmask soldier Lucas, Dry Bowser, etc...

Random thought, how likely do you guys actually think any of this stuff is....?

I mean obviously these are really cool ideas and all, but if we were really being serious about things we think would make it in, I wouldn't put my money on more than the female Villager, and I'd even be skeptical of the chances of that....

Sorry I'm such a killjoy OTL

Edited by BANRYU

Well, I don't think there will be five costumes per character like my post suggests, probably three at most, it's just a list of possible choices. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Realistically I think 90% or more of the suggestions in this thread (even though a lot of them are really good!) will never happen .__. I mean let's face it, these are cool ideas and all, but they have more important things to work on in the game than cosmetic stuff.

That was why I always thought it'd be cool if alt costumes like Vanguard Ike and Fusion-suit Samus were DLC or something LOL... (but we know that's not gonna happen either of course)

Edited by BANRYU

Well, yeah, I'm not saying these are gonna be in the game. It's just that if every character were given the option to have alternate costumes, what would you want. Basically, I really don't think other than those at the top and the villager are gonna make it, but Wireframe Mac makes me hopeful that there will be more than you think.

I feel like Fire Flower Rosalina is a pretty safe bet as an alternate costume. I feel like Female Villager is very possible. Masked King Deedeedee? Dedede? Anyway that would be cool. IF Isaac is in it, I feel like they could totally make him alt Fenix colors.

• 2 weeks later...

Costumes, huh? I have some ideas.

Mario: Dr. Mario

Luigi: Mr. L or cross dressing in Peach's dress

Wario: Wario Land design or Waluigi

Peach: Daisy or Fire Flower Peach

Rosalina: No idea

Yoshi: The enemy dinos from Super Mario World

Bowser: Bowletta

Donkey Kong: Funky Kong

Diddy Kong: Dixie Kong

Fox: Wolf (if he doesn't return) or his outfit from Star Fox Adventures

Falco: No idea.

Wolf: Star Fox 64 design

Marth: Lucina (if she isn't her own character) or his fabulous FE1 design.

Ike: Roy or his Vanguard/Ranger outfit (the opposite of whichever one he uses should he return)

Link: Hyrule Warriors design or one of the Twilight Princess armor sets

Toon Link: A Link Between Worlds design or his train engineer outfit

Zelda: Ocarina of Time/A Link Between Worlds design or Hilda

Ganondorf: Demise or Ocarina of Time design

Luigi: cross-dressing in Peach's dress

I would just like to say that this is the single best idea in the entirety of this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

1. Lucina for Marth if she doesn't make it in playable. She's kinda like the female version of Marth anyways and it wouldn't be too much of a stretch since there's a male/female version of Wii fit trainer (and maybe/hopefully villager). At the very least I'd like Masked Marth.

2. And I want shiny Greninja!

1. They should do that!

2. Sames

-----

Mario-Dr.Mario

Samus-Dark Samus

Donkey Kong-None

Link-Dark Link

Kirby-N/A

Fox-N/A

Pikachu-Shiny Pikachu

Bowser-

rlhru.jpg

King Koopa(Green skin), Giga Bowser

Pit-Gold feathers

Villager-Female version(Confirmed!)

Megaman-Red suit(Rush's color)

Wii Fit Trainer-N/A

Olimar-vpip.jpg

But...already confirmed to only be a trophy.

Luigi-N/A

Princess Peach-Daisy(Actual character not looking like Peach. Only way to get her in.)/lk3a.jpg

Toon Link-N/A

Sonic-Shadow Hedgehog

Marth-

mblz.jpg

Marth(No Pants)

Rosalina-N/A

Zelda-wou0.jpg

King Dedede-Waddle

Lucario-Shiny

Little Mac-NES(Confirmed. Wireframe)

Diddy Kong-N/A

Zero Suit Samus-N/A

Sheik-N/A

Yoshi-Boshi(Super Mario RPG)

Charizard-Shiny

Greninja-Shiny

The cartoon designs and Boshi are the worst ideas for alternate costumes.

Make them into the games graphical environment...I mean.

Peach should have "Red Hair for" one of her alternates as her original design had her have red hair for awhile in the early franchises. Originally, she was a red head.

Zelda should have her T.V show costume and hair. Originally, she had blonde hair in the early franchises till Nintendo changed it to brown later.

Marth should have no pants.

...And King Koopa will bring an inspiration upon Bowser.

Edited by Barbie

The only one of those actually worth implementing is pantsless Marth, really. Peach already has a red-haired alt, even if it is just supposed to be Daisy. Zelda's cartoon outfit is non canonical and looks pretty damned ridiculous (at least to me), and there's not really much a point to give her an alt just for a different hair color. That could be applied to the both of them really. And why King Koopa, exactly?

And why King Koopa, exactly?

King Koopa for reminder of being in The Super Mario Bros Super Show(SMB2), SMB3, and Super Mario World tv shows.

I forgot that...he actually had green skin in Melee for one of his alternates.

It would still be nice if he were named to be King Koopa.

-----

Update

Kirby-Yarn

Edited by Barbie