Tile Changes

dlamey8015

I am attempting to cause a door tile to change into a floor one. I'm not doing this with Tiled because that doesn't work on my computer.

I looked up several tutorials and I seem to have done everything correctly, but the tiles do not change when I open the door. I'll attach

my events file and my tile changes file so as to better assess the problem

Siege(2).txt

Siege Tile Changes.txt

First,

ORG 0xC9C9CC+(4*0x0E)

POIN TileChanges
is the same thing as

EventPointerTable(0x0F,TileChanges)
so for readability you should switch it to that.

Second, since you're inserting over what I assume is the prologue chapter, make sure that you have set the tiles changes to 0xe in the Chapter Data Editor.

Third, and this is probably the reason it's failing, your door is located at [2,19] but your map change is a 3x1 rectangle located at [0x1,0x19] which is not the same as [1,19].

just for quick clarification on what Pi is saying; the coordinates in your tilechanges are in hexadecimal(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,A,B,C,D,E,F,10), while the ones in your events and map are decimal(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10). 19 in decimal is 13 in Hex, so changing [0x01,0x19] to [0x01,0x13] should fix your problem(assuming that's the only problem).