【東方】 Touhou draft the nth (Now with Hard and Lunatic!)

Komeiji Koishi

I just have mental and emotional problems regarding...everything. :P Don't worry about me. It'll be fun, I know.

Dang well I was trying to find a cool pic of Sanae to hopefully cheer you up but then I ran into a lot of images I can't unsee, the bad things about fan art lol

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang well I was trying to find a cool pic of Sanae to hopefully cheer you up but then I ran into a lot of images I can't unsee, the bad things about fan art lol

Aha, how nice of you. And I'm sorry you might've ran into some...images lol

le sigh

I'll stay.

Now don't be mad...

I just have mental and emotional problems regarding...everything. :P Don't worry about me. It'll be fun, I know.

Mmm...

have to use that filter mang

When you put it that way, it makes me not want to take part.

It'll just be a curve stomp like the last one.

Not necessarily. Jprebs may be able to consistently produce Normal 1ccs, but that doesn't mean he's any good at scoring. And if he overestimates himself and fails to 1cc a Normal, that's a nice 5 points lost that Easy Modo players can easily pick up.

What I'm trying to say is that the results definitely aren't as predictable as the previous draft.

It's not the competition that matters, it's the fact that you guys will be improving. Don't let the point totals get to you

^This. The whole point of setting up the competition is that you try to improve. Without any sort of draft, you may not feel compelled to actively try improving. For instance, I believe I've improved A LOT during the previous draft, despite me knowing full well that I will always lose to Fera (he would've beaten me in TD if he actually tried to score, and DDC was caused by imbalanced shot types). I also knew that it would require very little effort for me to beat Kalas-chan. But no, I still tried my best, and ended up growing a lot because of it.

Oh? Who do you have in mind???

Kay-neechan and Terra-chan, but idk if they'd actually be interested.

I'd rather improve without being compared so someone else.

You don't have to compare yourself with someone else.

don't worry ill be doing these blind basically lol. Also, does someone want to quickly explain what this spell card thing is? is that just bombs? sigh gonna go do some searching.

The bombs you use are basically called spellcards, but with the exception of PoDD/PoFV, both of them mean the same thing with respect to what the players can use.

As for what the bosses can use, well, spellcards are basically specific attack sequences that you have to deal with. Like how PC-98 attacks are divided into multiple different phases. Spellcards also have extra significance in that you get nice score boosts if you can "capture" a spellcard, which involves clearing it without bombing/dying or, in the case of non-survival spells, timing it out. Also, unlike PC-98s, bosses do not repeat spellcards during the battle.

Yay i wouldn't sweat the scores anyways (cause I'll be in last) and its just friendly competition, nothing is on the line, should be fun!

Indeed

So is it full already?

I'll join if it's still possible...

Actually, I think it might be better if you don't... this draft is mostly for inexperienced newbs and such. Even Jprebs seems to be relying on increased starting lives to secure Normal 1ccs. There's only one slot left, and I think Kalas-chan would be more appropriate for it (especially since he's the host).

Then again, it's gonna be hilarious if you keep picking Lunatic and have a hard time even 1ccing, heh.

Edited by Railgun

So 6 out of 8 people are in, 2 more!

You should seriously list the participants in the OP:

1. ZM

2. Zak

3. metalsnowman

4. Jprebs

5. Kay-neechan

6. Wen Yang

7. Tonton

8. Puku-chan

I'm counting 8

This is hard lunatic draft rite, can newbies keep up with the danmaku level?

Give me a week, and I'll hard cc one of those (xcept UFO)

It's actually a draft where you can choose any difficulty, with an emphasis on helping the less experienced people improve. They don't (and probably won't) have to choose Hard/Lunatic if that don't want to.

For Mountain of Faith, though, I think it would've been a good idea to allow MarisaB with the Vsync patch fixing the glitched L3 Laser. I didn't propose this at the start of the draft since I was unaware of it back then, but now I think it should be allowed in future drafts.

Yes, I've verified that it works. Do note that replays only record the buttons you press, so you'd have to apply the Vsync patch to properly watch a non-game-breaking MarisaB replay. Edited by Railgun

Okay. I'll have to keep that in mind...

Senpai, can I get confirmation from Terra and Kay about whether they'll be joining the draft or not?

Terra-chan isn't really interested. As for Kay-neechan,

I'll join.

Sounds like confirmation to me.

Okay, thanks to Kay for joining, so now we'll need one more person to join.

I'll join if there isn't another interested person, but I'd rather let someone else join.

[spoiler=Posts]

Meeeeee

Me duh.

Im in

i-i guess i'll join

I'll join.

If you don't mind a complete newb who'll likely play each game in easy mode and likely still die horribly, count me in too.

Can i still in? :v

So is it full already?

I'll join if it's still possible...

Are you like, waiting on Tonton or something?