Apotheosis Secret Path Question

Shades

I've been musing over this for a while now, and I've finally decided that I want to attempt the secret path using only Einherjar. My Lunatic run with only (mostly) Einherjar (starting with a low-level team similar to campaign chars) went somewhat successfully (I've never restarted so hard trying to keep Mist alive)...but I'm honestly trying to figure out if it's even possible to finish in two turns, let alone getting through with a lack of dual guard. Has anyone attempted this? I suppose I should do a Luna+ with Einherjar first just to get completely savvy on all of my options and their caps.

Generally, Einherjars have better movement but more awful Dual Strike, which decreases Einherjar's average output a lot.

You can do some damage calculation to find out thresholds and probabilities of failure before you play it.

Here is my research (spoiler)

Almost all non-Aegis+ units can be one-strike-KOed with Mag asset Dark Flier or Valkyrie's Double-Gale (Mag,Skl,Spd boosted by LB,TF,Rallies,Tonic) without any Dual Strike or Proc getting activated.

Most of Aegis+ units can be one-strike-KOed by activating Dual Strike once (6.25% failure on 0/4 DS activated).

You just need to care about the principal bosses.

Edited by MelonGx

Wave 0 is only a problem if you're trying to clear it with absurdly low numbers of units. Remember, impossible and unlikely are completely different things, even though your DS rates aren't super high they still occur, fairly regularly if you only need one or so over four attacks.

So essentially it wont differ too much from my Luna run (as long as I strategically devise pair-ups and support bot cards) ; pray to RNG and mash reset? I can do that.

Edited by Shades

Difficulty mode has almost no effect on Apo. Einherjar are more about quantity than strategy because all of them have all classes, normal mods and no supports, meaning you don't have to worry as much about setup but more about how you use them (you do get 19 to play with).

The only Einherjar pairing that actually does something noteworthy is DLC!Leif and DLC!Elincia. Leif is an Assassin with LB, Underdog, Avo+10, Bowbreaker and Lancebreaker and Elincia is a Swordmaster with LB, Charm, Demoiselle, DS+ and filler, and together Leif can reduce both Anna and the Nightmare Sniper to 0% listed hit without Rallies, which can be surprisingly useful.

That 100% Avo duel sounds great but to make the duel not to be disturbed by other enemy units is a problem.

And the most difficult unit to defeat by Einherjars is not Anna or Boss Sniper, but the Sorcerers and Boss Berserkers.

Edited by MelonGx

Difficulty mode has almost no effect on Apo. Einherjar are more about quantity than strategy because all of them have all classes, normal mods and no supports, meaning you don't have to worry as much about setup but more about how you use them (you do get 19 to play with).

The only Einherjar pairing that actually does something noteworthy is DLC!Leif and DLC!Elincia. Leif is an Assassin with LB, Underdog, Avo+10, Bowbreaker and Lancebreaker and Elincia is a Swordmaster with LB, Charm, Demoiselle, DS+ and filler, and together Leif can reduce both Anna and the Nightmare Sniper to 0% listed hit without Rallies, which can be surprisingly useful.

Heh, thanks; you just reminded me of the breaker bonuses from Leif. And as for difficulty, I meant it wont differ too much from how I played Luna with Einherjar. It was my first departure from the pairing system in Awakening after my run through hard, so it took a little getting used to the lesser bonuses.

That 100% Avo duel sounds great but to make the duel not to be disturbed by other enemy units is a problem.

And the most difficult unit to defeat by Einherjars is not Anna or Boss Sniper, but the Sorcerers and Boss Berserkers.

None of the other Snipers have Hawkeye so they don't matter. In fact, lacking rallies Leif tinks NS so the main point of the pair is to kill all the mooks over four EPs so that you can surround the boss and poke him to death (he lacks Pass). In Anna's case, the set is more there for getting her to pull out the Brave Lance safely (hold a Bow so she goes 1-range) after the Berserkers are dead, which opens up a lot of options for killing her safely over the traditional Longbows+VV.