NFL 2014-2015 Season: Super Bowl Champion Patriots

Anacybele

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, he was never the same after his previous injuries. This kind of thing has happened with past QBs too. Tommy Maddox, Big Ben's predecessor, was one such QB. His career ended early because a concussion left him messed up.

Maddox had a nickname called "Turnover Tommy" or something. He definitely wasn't particularly good when he was in Pittsburgh.

RG3 was also very very very very easily pressured in the game against Houston. That offensive line was a nightmare. Jaguars and Eagles didn't have a pass rush which is why Cousins went crazy - RG3 didn't look too bad against the Jaguars. 2013 RG3 also didn't have much practice or anything until the season actually started, and by that point he was like 6 months removed from an ACL tear. An ACL tear will screw you up for a year, and only athletic freaks like Adrian Peterson could fully recover from an ACL tear after 6 months.

Also, as I said, RG3 has always been more of a first-read-and-run kind of QB, and now the OCs are more conservative about him running (and it's very easy to contain him with that crappy offensive line) so he's less of a threat. RG3 is basically a faster and smarter Kaepernick with better accuracy (but also can't slide as effectively). The only reason he really got injured this year was because of something that could happen to any QB - rolling out, passing the ball, and landing on your foot funny.

Edited by Lord Raven

Oh.

Fuck these refs. The ANNOUNCERS were pointing out penalties that should've been called against the Bucs. And that taunting call on Bell when he did the finger gesture that he does ALL THE FUCKING TIME when he gets a good run? This is utter bullshit.

Edited by Anacybele

That shit wasn't all the Steelers' fault. I won't deny that all the penalties they racked up was unacceptable, but the refs also screwed them big time. If they had called that hold on the Bucs that the ANNOUNCERS had even seen, that TD would've been reversed and the Bucs very well might not have had the points they needed and as I said earlier, a few calls against the Steelers were complete bullshit.

Antonio Brown should've had that one long pass though.

Edited by Anacybele

penalties happen in every single game ana... lol

can people please stop blaming the refs for everything? if your team played harder then you wouldn't even be in that position for the game to boil down to refs.

Um, I know? But teams don't normally get this many. And I was also saying the Bucs should've had more called on them.

And don't be a hypocrite, I've seen you blame the refs for a lot of shit too. What's more, I'm not even blaming them entirely. The Steelers shot themselves in the foot too. A LOT of fans are complaining about the excessive amount of penalties.

Um, I know? But teams don't normally get this many. And I was also saying the Bucs should've had more called on them.

And don't be a hypocrite, I've seen you blame the refs for a lot of shit too. What's more, I'm not even blaming them entirely. The Steelers shot themselves in the foot too. A LOT of fans are complaining about the excessive amount of penalties.

But you're only partly blaming the Steelers... to me it sounds like you're saying 50% refs 50% steelers. It should be more 90% Steelers 10% refs

I had a revelation in the past 10 months about how the refs don't see as much as we do, they don't see replays, and they see it in real time. If it looks questionable they'll call it. Last time I remember complaining was a 41-7 loss last December.

I've been blaming drops - and I don't even blame drops necessarily if one or two happen a game (7 in a half is fucking ridiculous) - lately. If it's a close game and it has to come down to refs... then that means one team didn't play well enough.

It's not like we're dealing with replacement refs here.

Wasn't expecting the Eagles to be beating the 49ers. I mean, I know the 49ers haven't been as good this year as they were the past few years, but I figured the Eagles would be due to come back down to Earth like usual by now.

Edit: And after I said that, the 49ers turned around and won.

Edited by ClevelandSteve

I was surprised that the Eagles allowed FOUR turnovers in that one game. The Steelers didn't even mess up that bad. xP

I still kind of hate my team right now though (not HATE hate, as I'll still cheer for them). They do really well, then they suck, then they do really well again, then they go right back to sucking (though not as bad as they did against the Ravens). What is up with this shit? >.>

jets had that issue last year

I was wrong about the Chargers, either that or they're actually looking legit. Playoffs rn (no order):

AFCW Winner: Broncos

AFCN Winner: Bengals or Ravens

AFCS Winner: Colts

AFCE Winner: ... Patriots?

WCs: Chargers, Ravens/Bengals

NFC is way more up in the air. Cardinals and Seahawks probably get into the playoffs. Lord knows about the others.

jets had that issue last year

I was wrong about the Chargers, either that or they're actually looking legit. Playoffs rn (no order):

AFCW Winner: Broncos

AFCN Winner: Bengals or Ravens

AFCS Winner: Colts

AFCE Winner: ... Patriots?

WCs: Chargers, Ravens/Bengals

NFC is way more up in the air. Cardinals and Seahawks probably get into the playoffs. Lord knows about the others.

Yay! Faith!

Oddly enough I was going to make a playoff prediction 1/4 into the season:

AFC West: Broncos/Chargers

AFC North: Bengals/Ravens

AFC East: Patriots (lol Bills needs to step it up or they are Wild Card)

AFC South: Texans/Colts

Wild Card: Chargers, Texans, Browns, Ravens, Bills, Steelers.

The AFC North looks more competitive than the AFC West right now. Since the Raiders are just poor lol. Since every team looks like they can actually make it to the play offs. Bengals is obviously the AFC North favorite. AFC South has competition. Texans defense is simply phenomenal. It rivals Ravens and Seahawks in terms of defense.

Bold Predictions:

Steelers miss the play offs

Chargers claim AFC West

Browns are Wild Card

Patriots lose their spot as AFC East favorite.

3 AFC North playoff contenders.

Patriots go (7-9) or less to allow the Browns to get in with a (7-9) record or better as Wild Card.

I place way too much faith in the Browns then I should...lol

With the way I predict this, Broncos or Chargers, and Texans or Colts would have to miss the play offs LOL.... I doubt the Broncos or Chargers will miss the play-offs, but they are bold for a reason.

Edited by Vermilia Scarlet