• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I want the AFC North to be:

1. Ravens

2. Browns

3. Steelers

4.Bengals

Because fuck the Bengals, that's why. If there were a wild card with 2 AFC Norths, I'd rather go against the Steelers than the Bengals. Also Bengals are overhyped. They fail to show their playoff caliber. They do well in the regular season, then they screw up the post season.

I'm not gonna argue it. I ran through the math and Ana shouldn't be supporting the Ravens but whatever I'll take what I can get.

I'm hoping the Bengals go and fuck it up tomorrow. We may not have Owen Daniels but they don't have AJ Green or Burfict... and at best AJ Green is playing hurt.

Probably shouldn't be saying it but alas...

In the next two weeks if the Ravens win over the Bengals and lose to the Steelers, we are #1 in the division with a home division game left (meaning we will be 4-2). Unless the Steelers sweep the Bengals or something, then Steelers don't win the division because the team isn't great.

Ravens losing to the Bengals puts everyone in the division between 4 and 5 wins (i can't believe I had to say between). That makes it a lot more of a crapshoot.

I didn't crunch all of the numbers but yeah, you really shouldn't be rooting Ravens tomorrow.

EDIT: i may be wrong though... I wanted to link this here before, but the flowchart here gives you a good idea of some of the number crunching behind it.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/nfl-week-8-playoff-implications-if-the-seahawks-lose-the-nfc-gains/

if you hover your house over to Pit's square on the BAL@CIN section, you'll see that rooting for the Ravens helps your playoff chances.

Either way i dont give a shit as long as we pull off a W tomorrow and the rest of the division loses (idc for the Browns in this scenario). I'm pissed that they made 5 of our first 9 games division games but oh well, if we can pull out 7-2 by Week 10 then I'll happily accept that we will lose to the Saints.

Edited by Lord Raven

I see... Well, I guess it could still work out for the Steelers regardless of who wins your game tomorrow. Oh well, the Steelers want to sweep the Bengals anyway. :P

Edited by Anacybele

Daryl Smith with a CLUTCH fumble recovery in the midst of some injuries to major players. Took it to the 10, ran it in with Taliaferro.. 21-20, our defense should not bend or break

And CJ Mosley with a clutch strip/pick............ DROY right there.

EDIT: 24-20 ravens... defense better put this game the fuck away... no AJ Green to make a long reception either!!!!!!

EDIT 2: HOW DO YOU LET THAT QB SNEAK HAPPEN? 57 seconds to get a field goal...

EDIT 3: sigh... some bad calls by refs but it shouldn't have come down to 27-24... shit looks like PI I guess and it's hard to see that Dalton's pushed into the endzone illegally in real time

Edited by Lord Raven

Damn it Ravens, the one rare time I NEED you guys, you mess it all up. I blame Steve Smith for being an idiot when he caught that Flacco bomb. >_>

Panthers screwed themselves up in the end too. I wanted the Steelers to be the only team to have beaten them in Carolina...

Edited by Anacybele

Damn it Ravens, the one rare time I NEED you guys, you mess it all up. I blame Steve Smith for being an idiot when he caught that Flacco bomb. >_>

Panthers screwed themselves up in the end too. I wanted the Steelers to be the only team to have beaten them in Carolina...

Steve Smith was going against a tall Corner, no way he'll catch it without illegal contact. He probably did it to save Flacco's QB rating

Smith went against a strong safety who he barely made contact with and the Strong Safety flopped. Stuff like that happens all the time but alas, Flacco threw two picks and our defense definitely helped keep the game close (despite blowing it towards the end). Game shouldn't come down to that. If we didn't fuck up on covering Sanu and letting him get a 40 yard gain in what should be a prevent defense or get an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty then it wouldn't have even had to come down to refs.

Bengals could go 4-2 or 3-3 in the division though, I could see it happening, whereas we could beat Pittsburgh next week in the ultimate revenge game and beat the Browns Week 17. Bengals winning affected their chances of making the playoffs more than ours, we went from a lock to a 60% chance or something. Head to head doesn't matter when you have a tie, but it's not like we've never been swept by the Bengals (see: 2009).

We also have the weaker parts of the AFCS left, the Saints at home (which could go our way depending on how Green Bay does; their defense is awful), a home divisional game left, and a game next week against a Steelers team that we have a good chance at winning. (before ana gets inflamed I'm not saying it's a lock). Definitely could see at least 4-5 more wins on the season, we also have Miami/San Diego left to go against and San Diego is a home game for us (and west coast teams have a hard time playing in the east coast at 1pm).

I don't mind not getting a call for a hit to the head on Torrey (he just got decked) but that dude should be fined.

Edited by Lord Raven

I don't know, it looked like Smith pushed the guy down to me. And you can't accuse me of bias against the Ravens either, I wanted them to win.

Watch more NBA, specifically Lebron. That's clearly a flop ;p.

Eh, whatevs. xP What's done is done. I'm just glad it doesn't totally kill my Steelers' chances of getting the playoffs. Just hurts it a tad.

On another topic, despite the Panthers blowing it in the end, this was incredible. Kelvin Benjamin caught a FIFTY ONE YARD PASS while being covered by TWO of the best deep defenders on the Seahawks. This guy needs to get ORoY. Go Benjamin!

It looked like he pushed him away but a closer look actually shows Smith barely grazing him. But at the very least this game should be the kick in the ass we needed on offense to take care of business against the Steelers and Saints... and hopefully the Titans game is a complete pushover.

I'm a lot less pissed at that flop than I am at our defense for one play, how the fuck did you let Sanu get wide open and get that many yards? smh If we played some proper prevent then maybe we wouldn't need even that.

Edited by Lord Raven

If your secondary can't cover the Bengals' receivers when they don't even have AJ Green, they're going to be in trouble against Antonio Brown, Lance Moore, and Martavis Bryant. You guys even have yet to take a crack at the third guy, Bryant has only played once and caught one pass, which was a long ass TD.

I'm just still afraid of our own defense screwing the season over. Our offense is fine for the most part (just need a little more consistency here and there) and will really need to play hard to do a good game against the Colts. I just don't expect this defense to do much against Luck at all. I hope for a high scoring close game just like Elliot Harrison predicts.

Edited by Anacybele

We did cover those guys! We held them to a total of six points. Remember?

Jimmy Smith was injured against Cincy btw, should be healthy by next week. Safety play is much better this time around. Still got two turnovers on them.

Alright Colts, just because you left us in the middle of the night (before I was born) doesn't mean I can't support you.

Edited by Lord Raven

Not Bryant. He never even played until the game against the Texans. And don't forget that you're playing the Steelers in their turf next Sunday this time.

Well, the defense managed to hold the Colts to a FG on the first drive. I didn't even expect that.

EDIT: OH WE GOT THE FIRST TD OF THE DAY! WOO FUCK YEAH!

EDIT2: HOLY SHIT, the D forced a three and out! A FREAKING THREE AND OUT AGAINST LUCK AND HIS GUYS! I am legit amazed.

EDIT3: 14-3 STEELERS. I am a happy fan. :D And Ben has yet to find Antonio Brown. That's even more amazing because it means that Brown's fellow WRs are finally stepping up to help him out!

EDIT4: HOLY FUCKING SHIT, WILLIAM GAY PICK-SIX!! A PICK-SIX!!

EDIT5: 28-10 Steelers! I am SO impressed by these guys. The bumble bees are STINGING! Also, ONE HANDED TD CATCH BY ANTONIO BROWN. ^^

Bad news is though, Bell's hurt. -_-

Edited by Anacybele

They said that this is the first game in seven years where both QBs got over...I forget how many passing yards they said, but that's pretty cool! Still, Ben has outplayed Luck and that Steeler D did amazing so far. And Antonio Brown, wow dat one-handed TD catch. :D And I can't believe I'm saying this, but the o-line did really really well too! Ben was hardly touched all day so far!

Good news too, Bell is A-okay and still going strong!

I'm glad that the wtf brain fart at the end wasn't really costly though. The Steelers still have a nice lead and if they keep playing the way they are, they'll actually win! They already have more points than they were expected to get throughout the whole game and it's just half time!

Oh, but seriously, they showed EXACTLY why I said Cortez Allen shouldn't be trying to cover Hilton. -_-

EDIT: 42-20 Steelers! Just holy shit this is the most points they've got all season and while playing against the TOP RANKED D in the LEAGUE. These guys have officially made a STATEMENT. A statement that says the Ravens better watch out on Sunday. :D

Edited by Anacybele

Colts/Steelers look like they're trying to break a points record lol

Holy fuck this could not be more true. I immediately saw shades of KC/Indy from last postseason when they flashed Ben's statline.

It even goes down to the star RB getting injured, though Bell could actually re-enter whereas Charles stayed down.

Edited by Lord Raven

Stop turning the ball over, Blount/Heyward-Bey. -_-

But wow Luck, way to dungoof and give us a free safety. lol

EDIT: HEAAAATH!! 51-34 Steelers! :D They've now equaled the Pats' points and Ben is the first QB in NFL HISTORY to have 2 500 yard games! Way to go BIG BEN! :D

EDIT2: PICKED OFF IN THE ENDZONE!! The Steelers got this shit! THEY GOT IT!!

Edited by Anacybele

What do you mean lol the Steelers got 51 points on them. :P

Aaaaand...

THE STEELERS BEAT THE COLTS

THE STEELERS BEAT THE COLTS

THE STEELERS BEAT THE COOOOLTS!! FUCK YEAH!!

AND NEITHER THE BENGALS NOR THE RAVENS COULD!!

The Steelers just need to beat the Ravens next Sunday and sweep the Bengals! THIS is Steeler football, baby! :D

Edited by Anacybele