Question for people who make MU a Grandmaster as Final class...

Do you guys make your MU a mainly TOME user or a mainly SWORD user?

I only ask cause imo the sword animations look better but tomes are obviously more useful because of the 1-2 range.

Do you guys make your MU a mainly TOME user or a mainly SWORD user?

I only ask cause imo the sword animations look better but tomes are obviously more useful because of the 1-2 range.

Tome user. I prefer the Sword animation as well, but I can't pass up the 1-2 range offered by magic and I like using Mjolnir with my Avi.

I keep both in the Avatar's inventory, and stick with tomes as default weapons unless there's a bunch of axe users or some other situation where a sword is needed which there usually isn't 'cuz the game's so easy outside of Lunatic lolol.

I have my main two grandmaster Avatars use both, but since my female is more magic inclined she uses tomes more, and my male is more strength inclined so he uses swords more. IMO though its pretty interchangeable for the situation.

Both. The only reason I use GM over Sage, Assassin or Hero is for the ability to switch between physical and magical, and it would be silly to lock myself into one or the other.

So most of u guys use both. That's interesting cos I thought most ppl stick to one because of tomefaire/swordfaire?

Also doesn't switching to a sword kind of screw u up for enemy phase? (Archers/mages/tomahawks)

If you were going to lock yourself to one or the other, it's far better to do it in Hero, Assassin, or Sage.

I personally use both, as it would be completely and utterly pointless, otherwise.

Edited by Gaia

You asked what people do when they're Grandmasters, not why they're Grandmasters. The general consensus is that Grandmaster isn't a very good final class because all-round units are generally worse than specialized ones.

ok. so for people that do end up using grandmaster as final class AND using both physical and magic, what is your usual skillset? im just wondering because of the -faire dilemma

I usually build them more defensively since I never use them in Apo (where Def doesn't work) and they have decent Def/Res. My main Grandmaster set is female with LB/AT/GF/Swordbreaker/Ignis and is mostly for RaR3, holding Superior Jolt, Book of Naga, Forseti, Ragnell and Sol. S.Jolt and Ragnell are for tanking enemy Tomebreaker, BoN is for EP when there's no significant Tomebreaker, Sol is for sometimes getting HP on PP, and Forseti is just for kicks. SB is mostly for the Tomebreaker Swordmasters and Jaffar, Ignis helps get around random PavGis activations.

That's interesting cos I thought most ppl stick to one because of tomefaire/swordfaire?

I'm sure that some people have both skills on their avatar.

Also doesn't switching to a sword kind of screw u up for enemy phase? (Archers/mages/tomahawks)

Levin Swords and Ragnell both have 2 range.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

All Breakers isn't a very good idea because +50 Hit/Avo is all you get from it. The same effect could be achieved with five +10 Hit/Avo skills, which is a waste of time because LB outclasses all of them from the +20 Hit/Avo you get from the stat boosts alone. Nostanks typically use LB/AT/Vengeance/Swordbreaker/Vantage or Galeforce (SB is solely for RaR3 Jaffar, who has Lethality).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I go Grandmaster solely for aesthetic reasons. Even if there is a better class option, nothing beats that badass long coat.

I always go with swords, since My Unit usually hides behind her support partner (her husband, her son, or Chrom), and since she's STR+, swords are better. If I'm gold farming, though, I go with tomes since it's faster.