Looking for artists!

Xenomic

(If this is in the wrong section, I apologize. I am not sure if it should be here or in Creative or what).

So yeah! I am looking for artists who are willing to give a few "special" requests a shot. No, it's not pronz, that's not how I roll, but I would appreciate it if anyone interested would either speak up here, and I'll PM you the details, or if you would PM me. It may or may not be suited for you, keep in mind, but thought I'd ask around. No, I cannot pay unfortunately either...but if anything, can consider it practice? *shrugs*

In any case, that is all I wanted to say. So if interested, drop a message here or PM me, and we'll go from there. I'd speak about the requests here but...that's private information and all that. Let's just say, it may or may not involve stuff from Darkstalkers, that is all. ^^;

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, gonna share this out in the open now since I might as well: For those curious, the object of this is to see who would be willing to attempt to draw the custom states for various characters from Darkstalkers (basically, things you've seen in my MUGEN project). It's mostly just personal for me, not for any real project in general, but it's also a way to see how creative the artists willing to try this can be as well as give them some practice with art.

Various videos to show what these are all about:

Midnight Bliss:

Capcom Fighting Evolution (Missing Shin Akuma and some second Midnight Blisses for various characters):

Darkstalkers (the source game):

SVC Chaos:

Cross Edge:

Sangue=Passare:

Pharaoh's Curse:

That should clear this up a bit more. If anyone is still interested in this, feel free to drop a message here or in PM. It's all up to you if you want a challenge or not! I have a couple people that's already trying this out soooo yeah! ^^

I'm technically an artist (if only by self-proclamation), though I highly doubt I'm good enough for the kind of thing you're looking for.

I'd recommend you troll Tumblr and deviantart for some artists who both suit the style you're seeking, and are taking commissions at the time. Commissioning someone is probably your best bet for a project like this.

Well again, if anything this little thing is a nice way to brush up on art and practice various things while also trying to be creative about it~

I've tried DeviantArt for some artists, but no dice (nor do I know of whom to really contact). I can't really commission anyone due to well...no job at all so can't really pay. x_x;;

(Trust me I seriously doubt you want to use me dude besides I don't really have time anyway .-.)

How many frames is it that you want someone to draw? Maybe I'm misunderstanding but it seems like a lot. Art takes time, and it's hard work as well... If this is like for a LOT of drawing or whatever, you may not really find anyone who would do it for free .__.

It's only one for them (can be more if the artist decides they want to do more). I know art takes time, trust me I know...considering that I was drawing for a while there, and one piece of art generally took me 2-4 hours to do (and I'm not even that great myself), I can imagine how long a more quality artwork would be.

So, it'd be like 1 for Midnight Bliss (generally the transformation itself), 1 for Sangue=Passare (final frame), 1 for Pharaoh's Curse (just the transformation), 1 for shock (or 2, depending on if the artists wants to try both the non-X-Ray and X-Ray frames). Does that clear it up?

Yeah... that doesn't sound too bad... I'll probably have to get back to you later on this though if I'm gonna give it a shot, my workload lately is pretty hefty... Here's a little preview of my recent stuff if you want to check it out...

Sorry if I was being overly patronizing with you, I've seen and heard a lot about how some people will expect artists to draw for them for nothing and the like. =w=; (If not for my sake then that of others.) I just wanted to make sure that wasn't the case or anything, and I'm glad to see that it doesn't seem like it at all.

Edited by BANRYU

It's not bad (better than what I can do at my current state). Again, can always treat this as a way to practice and whatnot if you so desire~

I try not to be like that. If anything, I try to treat most everything that I request as a way for the one doing it to learn and practice/get better at whatever they're doing. It's like a double-edged sword...or something like that?? I don't know...maybe I'm saying that wrong. But you know what I'm trying to say I think! ^^;; It was meant to be like that for my MUGEN project as well, though that hasn't fared very well over the years. @_@;

That IS an argument that free art-beggars usually use, though. :0 You're not being too bad about it or anything, but just be wary of using that to try to motivate people to do art for you-- artists generally have things they'd rather be working on to gain experience than stuff for random people. We generally know what we want to draw in order to 'practice' and 'improve' and whatnot.

I saw a thing on Tumblr that addresses this issue much more eloquently than I can but I can't find it.

Just be aware that this is a thing. Again, you're being polite about it and everything which is fine, but if I (or anyone else) decides no, just respect that decision and stuff. You know what's up.

Anyway I'll get back to you about this later.

Edited by BANRYU

Aye, I generally respect whatever decisions anyone makes regarding anything I request anyways. If they want to do it, that's cool. If not, that's their choice and usually due to wanting to do other things that they'd feel is worth better to do for practicing, improving, etc. I've had many turn me down for helping on the MUGEN project and RPG Maker project (some not nearly as nice as others though...), and that's cool. I'd rather them turn me down than say they'd help and then never show up again (which I've had happen many many times in both the MUGEN and RPG Maker project...). @_@;

If it means anything, I'm generally bad at socializing or overall motivating/speaking in general. I'm just speaking from how I feel about the project(s) in general. *shrugs* Of course, I COULD teach myself how to draw/sprite and then do it myself, which is always an option (and one I'd like to get back to, though with my temperment with me and being OCD with my own projects when -I- do them, such as when I was drawing 3 months ago, it gets a bit hard to improve myself. ^^;; ).

Well, either way, I wish you luck on the project. I'll be sure not to let you know I'll help if I won't later, lol.

...Incidentally, though I said 'practice is not always a good enough reason for artists,' it IS one of the main reasons I'm considering this lol.... So long as there are references, it shouldn't be too difficult.

I'll let you know when I make up my mind (and I'm less busy). For the time being, assume that I won't do it. =3= Is safer lol.