Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

D'you mind if I ask why?

I honetly feel like the story was good for the AZ and Lysandre parts, but the Four Stooges Friends were all annoying to me besides Shauna. I hated how they were freaking everywhere. Ms. Champion was a terrible character, but at least she wasn't Iris bad. I love seeing all the new Pokemon, so I felt like 70 wasn't enough. The Gym Leaders lost a lot of the depth they had in Gen 5. Characters like Ramos and Olympia are worse than even Marlon and Clay.

The Gym Leaders were far a step down, but I quite liked Malva and Siebold. Wikstrum and Drasna were eh.

Maybe this makes sense, and maybe not, but X/Y was by no means a bad game. I just found it disappointing after 8+ months of hype. I rank the Gens as 3 > 5 > 4 > 6 > 2 > 1.

Of course, Gen VI will likely rise after having remakes of my all time favorites.'

Although I really, seriously would hate the idea of making May and Brendan customizable, but that's just me. I don't know why; I just do.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's mainly story issues, I see...

Yeah, I'll agree with you about Diantha and the Gym Leaders, they were mehhish. I WILL say, though, I f#$%ing LOVE this game's E4. They're super cool and stylish and I wish they had more of a role in the plot. How can you not like freakin' manly-as-heck Wikstrom and sweet dragon gramma Drasna?! She's MY favorite lol. And heck, I didn't mind the friends that bad, at least they weren't as hamfisted about teaching you things as the Gen 5 buds (I want to like Cheren and Bianca, I really do, but... ...yeah. Also I hate how recent gens beat you over the head with the Gym Leader objective instead of just letting you do it; I played BW2 briefly (like, 1 gym) and I remember it being especially prominent there. I don't recall XY being too obnoxious about handholding you except where Pokemon catching was concerned)

Yeah, I suppose now that I think on it, the Gym Leaders being more involved with the world in Gen 5 was pretty cool.

Personally, I tend to care less about the story, so I really liked XY just because of how much the design was stepped up from Gen 5 to this game. Gens 3-5 were all pretty lackluster designwise IMO, and this was the first game that actually exceeded the design quality of Gens 1-2 in my mind. I was actually not expecting much from it at all (having been disillusioned over the course of the last three gens, especially 5), but it really surprised me with all the things it did right. Story can take a backseat to them as far as I'm concerned, but heck, I feel like the story was decently integrated with the gameplay even if it wasn't that great. /butheseareallopinionsofcourse

Oh gawd, I HOPE we can customize May and Brendan. Bren's hat is so stupid. I like it anyway for some reason, but... it's dumb.

Bren's hat is so stupid. I like it anyway for some reason, but... it's dumb.

But it was trademark at that time for pokémon protags to have silly hats

Oh gawd, I HOPE we can customize May and Brendan. Bren's hat is so stupid. I like it anyway for some reason, but... it's dumb.

Once I thought it was his hair.

I am 100% disappointed that it's not.

IT WAS COOL TO ME DAMMIT.

I always thought Brendan had a stupid hat and May had stupid hair. :P I think Brendan's hat is stupid because I also mistook it for hair. And then I was like "that crap is actually a hat? WTF kind of hat is that?"

Even though I said I wasn't planning on getting either of these games, I'll check out the upcoming gameplay trailer anyway. Who knows, something in it might interest me. The things that annoyed me most about gen 3 were the water routes, the trainer designs, and the Pokemon designs. If surfing those water routes becomes less of a hassle, and we can customize our trainer again, and I can catch plenty of non-gen 3 Pokemon like in B2W2 and X/Y, I'll consider buying Alpha Sapphire (blue is my color and I love sapphires <3).

Edited by Anacybele

Nope, you can actually see his black hair in his sideburns and on the back of his head in his battle sprite.

E_Brendan_Back.png

-looks through images-

However, some art does give him white hair.

Brendan_Ribbon.png

Huh.

The plot thickens.

M-maybe he'll get white hair in the remake if/when he gets redesigned

Edited by L95

May has stupid hair? Screw that, May had the best hair.

She was also my favorite character in the anime. Probably another reason I loved Gen 3 so much.

May's hairE_May_Back.png didn't really make sense to me until I realized she pretty much has lakche.PNG's hairstyle (Grown out "tails" on the sides of the bangs, but cut short in the back)

O-or maybe her hair is tied up under the bandana.

I still say Kris has the silliest hair C_Kris_Back.png

Edited by L95

Though I mock it, I actually really liked the char design for Hoenn... I thought it was kind of cool that they were like pro sports-style clothes or something lol...

But it was trademark at that time for pokémon protags to have silly hats

Yeah, a TRADEMARK THAT THIS GAME STARTED (Red and Gold had cool hats, Brendan and Lucas had stupid hats)

It always looked cool to me, disappointed that it's actually a hat.

Yeah, me too haha...

May's hairE_May_Back.png didn't really make sense to me until I realized she pretty much has lakche.PNG's hairstyle (Grown out "tails" on the sides of the bangs, but cut short in the back)

O-or maybe her hair is tied up under the bandana.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be tied up under the bandana because that actually makes sense.

I hate it when people draw May's hair the same way even without her bandana because who the fuck would have stupid-looking doggy-ear hair like that (it doesn't even look as bad on the other chick.... er... who is it, Larcei?)

Edited by BANRYU

I always thought Lucas had a cool hat.

Oh well to each his own then .3. Suppose I should have just said I didn't like it.

But yeah... I didn't like it. Was boring IMO. I always liked to pretend my Diamond avatar had like one of those hard hats from the underground instead haha.

Edited by BANRYU

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be tied up under the bandana because that actually makes sense.

I hate it when people draw May's hair the same way even without her bandana because who the fuck would have stupid-looking doggy-ear hair like that (it doesn't even look as bad on the other chick.... er... who is it, Larcei?)

The anime shows otherwise... :c

Ash_May_Sleep.png

Edited by L95

The anime shows otherwise... :c

Ash_May_Sleep.png

FUCK the anime

I-Reject-Your-Reality-2.jpg

But in all seriousness

I guess May's hair really is just as stupid as Brendan's hat then

Anyway, we'll be getting our 3 second gameplay clip within the next hour or so. Don't get too excited now :E

w1uQAkn.gif

I thought we were getting them on Sunday, not Saturday. :0

It's Sunday right now in Japan.

Time zones, how do they work?

Edited by Jave