Pokemon Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire Thread - The Game's out, go get it!

Book of Ereshkigal

I just got the Eon Flute and tried it out last night. What a blast! I found a cave that housed Sinnoh's trio and caught an Azelf with one ultra ball.

Yes, you're reading that correctly-- just one.

lol that happens actually :o

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe a little late, but natures basically mean nothing for a casual run of the main game.

If anything the game (as with all Pokemon games) is probably so easy that it might be more preferable to have a bad nature just to maybe add some challenge.

Type coverage is literally all you need, stats mean nothing

As long as your team can basically get super effective hits on everything, the main game is a breeze

Well, after receiving the Eon flute, you could go talk to Pr. Birch and get the National Dex.

Oh, I see. I was under the impression that you had to defeat Wallace in order to recieve the National Dex.

lol that happens actually :o

Well, it wasn't a critical capture if that's what you're thinking. It was just a regular pokeball toss-- three shakes and everything. I just got really lucky.

Also, Azelf wrecks everything! I love it.

EDIT: But you're right that lucky catches like mine do happen.

Edited by Esme

Got badge number 4! And my Gyarados, even at just level 26, was able to handle the battle all by itself. Even Torkoal and its tanky-ness couldn't withstand a couple Bulldozes followed by a Dragon Rage.

But now I take on Norman next...ugh. He gave me the most trouble in the original games. Mainly because of how god damn tanky his Slaking is. Truant does not hinder it as much as you think it would. >.>

However, I think I have an idea given that Normal types are weak to Fighting type moves. I have Rock Smash on my Mightyena, but obviously that won't be enough. But can Gallade learn Power-Up Punch? I can buy that from Mauville just as I did Bulldoze.

However, I think I have an idea given that Normal types are weak to Fighting type moves. I have Rock Smash on my Mightyena, but obviously that won't be enough. But can Gallade learn Power-Up Punch? I can buy that from Mauville just as I did Bulldoze.

Yes he does, but if you have any Heart Scales, you could also give him Close Combat. Also Leaf Blade and/or Night Slash.

Got badge number 4! And my Gyarados, even at just level 26, was able to handle the battle all by itself. Even Torkoal and its tanky-ness couldn't withstand a couple Bulldozes followed by a Dragon Rage.

But now I take on Norman next...ugh. He gave me the most trouble in the original games. Mainly because of how god damn tanky his Slaking is. Truant does not hinder it as much as you think it would. >.>

I taught my Gallade both Bulldoze and Power-Up Punch and he was my MVP against Flannery and Norman.

Edited by LuxSpes

Wait, he has TWO Slaking? I only remember him having one, but I guess that was only in Emerald. God damn it...

Don't you worry! Those Slaking are chumps that live up to their names. Gallade should be able to handle things, especially with Close Combat.

Don't you worry! Those Slaking are chumps that live up to their names. Gallade should be able to handle things, especially with Close Combat.

It gets the move at level 53. I doubt that will work. ...oh wait.

Edited by mercilesscharizard

But I still had trouble against just ONE Slaking and I believe I had a Fighting type or Fighting type moves on me.

I'll just have to hope you guys are right and that a Close Combat/Power-Up Punch Gallade works.

Any one knows if Feebas are still as hard to catch as they were in RSE? Serebii lists it at 5% with a good/super rod on route 119, but I just wanted to check.

It can appear on any tile, so no, it's not as bad. Luck goes into play with that 5%, but it's otherwise dandy.

It can appear on any tile, so no, it's not as bad. Luck goes into play with that 5%, but it's otherwise dandy.

Thanks! I wanted to make sure just so I end up fishing hours on end in a wrong spot.

I remember how I got extremely lucky the first time I ever attempted to get a Feebas, which was in Pearl. I encountered one on my FOURTH CAST. The fourth overall, not fourth on one tile. I caught it and bred it so I could give others Feebas. Although I'm not crazy about Milotic.

But I still had trouble against just ONE Slaking and I believe I had a Fighting type or Fighting type moves on me.

I'll just have to hope you guys are right and that a Close Combat/Power-Up Punch Gallade works.

You could probably teach it Protect and use it every time Slaking makes a move. Then use PuP while Traunt is active.

Super easy.