WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

Glancing through the Croatia vs. Croatia B Australia match liveblog it seems like it was a bore draw that they happened to score in. Mostly just both teams trying to get fit.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England are currently in a friendly with Honduras and it's 0-0 at around ~60 minutes with Rooney (at least for the first half) and the lot out.

Edit: Now 10 man Honduras.

It's coming home.

Edited by Tryhard

I've not seen the friendlies, but it sounds like Rooney's been utter dogshit throughout all of them.

well, he's been dogshit at the national stage for a while really

But to be fair, he always has waaay too much expectation on him for just one player. I think thats whats holding him back, the pressure

Also, sturridge is doing pretty damn good as forward for England, so he might even take rooney's place (unless they're both played up front)

In that Honduras game, Sturridge was complete #dogshit. He could've won it for them but failed multiple times. I didn't see Rooney since I started watching in the second half, but it was surprising because Sturridge was good in my eyes. Maybe just a bad game.

Fluminense was a team that got relegated from the Brazilian first division last year, They have a decent team with some former internationals but it's not a team italy should be struggling against. And Aquilani, Cassano, Thiago Motta and De Rossi played like crap today. (Immobile's Hat-Trick wasn't bad though).

Edited by viyut

there were either 3 or 4 - I thought it was Luke Wilkshire, some other guy said Jack Wilshere, so idk. Beyond that - Mark 'All The Cocaine' Bosnich made it, Kewell and Cahill as well. Honestly, I can see Kewell making it on actual merit. If only he wasn't a permacrock.

rip harry, if holger 'dogshit' osieck was still our manager you'd probably have gone to the World Cup at the age of 36

To be honest i was surprised with Australia, they aren't terrible like i thought they were and that Halloran is a pretty good player.

That means nothing, every player makes blunders once in a while. He was so confident on trapping that ball that he got careless. He is one for the future.

You're right, he is one for the future. This does nothing to help us in 2014.

I like him, though. And Posta's done a lot to revitalise this team - cautiously optimistic ahead of the Asian Cup early next year we're hosting.

You're right, he is one for the future. This does nothing to help us in 2014.

I like him, though. And Posta's done a lot to revitalise this team - cautiously optimistic ahead of the Asian Cup early next year we're hosting.

Australia is not going to win this WC, and it's almost impossible for them to go through their group so they already did what they were supposed to, giving their youngsters the experience of playing in a WC. The best thing they hope for now is to not end the WC with three defeats (Australia got a really difficult group, so better luck next time).

France hammered Jamaica 8-0 in a friendly. Maybe they won't implode like last time.

France have a tendency of doing great in one WC and then failing miserably in the next. I mean, they won the 1998, didnt score a single goal in 2002, nearly won it in 06 and then had a pathetic feud in 2010. So i reckon they might do alright this time round

Australia is not going to win this WC

REALLY?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?

WOW! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

seriously that is fucking literally what I said, we need to blood our youths like the last two managers fucking never did in order to accomplish anything in future World Cups/Asian Cups/literally anything, but at This FIFA World Cup 2014 in the Nation of Brazil we aren't going to do much beyond that.

in other news it's coming home to Cameroon

but not quite yet

Edited by Parrhesia

Mandatory viewing

People who support good countries at football, also Kelsper, I want to bring you into a moment of my life. 2006 was the first World Cup I properly watched, being like six by the time 2002 happened. Australia had qualified for the first time since 1974 after a literal voodoo curse was lifted from the team. We beat Uruguay, then soon after that things started to fall into place - we joined Asia, the A-League was formed, a professional nationwide league to properly help our guys. And Guus 'GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE' Hiddink was at the helm somehow bringing miracles out of a bunch of European-league journeymen, and a couple of garbagemen. We beat Japan, we got done by Brazil and then the match against Croatia happened - a match you only know from Simunic getting three yellow cards in it. They needed a win to make it out of the group. We needed anything else. It was 1-1, Kalac made the howler of the tournament for 1-2 but then Harry Kewell came out of nowhere to pull a Fully Sick Shot to win. We were up against Italy in the next round, and me living in the Italian area of Sydney everyone was really conflicted and there were fights outside and stuff. But we held Italy for 90 minutes, nil-all.

And then Grosso made a blatant dive in the area and they converted the penalty, and as Australia crashed out of the World Cup fireworks got lit outside.

Football.

Please link your own football is alive moments in this thread, lads

edit: fucking lol that thumbnail

Edited by Parrhesia

Aloisi's run after he scored against uruguay was the moment never to be forgotten. That man will live on as the one who got us into our first World Cup since...uh...40 odd years

Also, i dont know if you watch SBS' coverage of the football parrhesia, but Kalac always criticises goalkeepers. He cant really speak since he made that howler :(