WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

tbf england struggled against algeria last time finishing 0-0 so you know what at least there were goals

I still don't rate them for their hype, though

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that england/algeria game was the worst of all time wasn't it?

still, not rating belgium for their hype is the right choice. i still think they would get beaten by a squad like costa rica

that england/algeria game was the worst of all time wasn't it?

still, not rating belgium for their hype is the right choice. i still think they would get beaten by a squad like costa rica

What makes you say that? 'Hype' would be 'they have a realistic chance of winning'. But I'm going to state openly that a team with Lukaku/Kompany/Cortois etc and such quality all over the pitch (except dedicated fullback) will expect victory over Costa Rica.

"The Japanese place politeness as an important social virtue because they are shit at football" - Literally Something A Person Said

The Berlgians are hyping themselves, not so much anyone else. I live in Belgium and it's looking a bit like the netherlands does during the world cup except it's red-yellow-black instead of orange and there's less of it. The absolutely shite first half performance made me laugh a bit.

This is a fucking dire match between noted Bad Teams Brazil and Mexico

Fun fact - Mexico have made exactly one shot on target.

Edited by Parrhesia

"The Japanese place politeness as an important social virtue because they are shit at football" - Literally Something A Person Said

sometimes I don't get my fellow britishmen

The Berlgians are hyping themselves, not so much anyone else. I live in Belgium and it's looking a bit like the netherlands does during the world cup except it's red-yellow-black instead of orange and there's less of it. The absolutely shite first half performance made me laugh a bit.

eh, I've heard hype that Belgium are the "dark horse" of this tournament. Honestly, I didn't really think so then, and I don't think they are now, but I think they have some good players.

This is a fucking dire match between noted Bad Teams Brazil and Mexico

Fun fact - Mexico have made exactly one shot on target.

well that was a load of shit Edited by Tryhard

WELL FRED IS A PIECE OF HORSE SHIT

PAULINHO DIED AFTER HE WENT TO TOTTENHAM HOTSHIT

OCHOA FUCK THIS GOALKEEPER JC ALWAYS GIVES REBOUNDS LETTUCE HANDS

Ochoa is a free agent after finishing bottom of Ligue Un with Ajaccio.

I gotta admit, great performance.

Ochoa was fantastic that year from what I saw of him, too. Ajaccio would've been even more fucked without him.

Best gk so far are Ochoa, Navas (Costa Rica) and Neuer. Valladares and that Algerian gk also did fine.

I thought Valladares flapped awfully weakly at the eventual own goal, but it's hard to judge in hindsight - it might've been simply impossible for him to get good contact.

Chile's goalkeeper (Bravo?) made a really good double save to deny Bresciano what would've been the equaliser, too.

Chile x Australia was the only game I didn't watch.

We have to consider Valladares is playing for maybe the weakest team of the tournament. If the game didn't end 5-0 or more, it's due to him.

aNYWAY BEST WORLD CUP SINCE FUCK I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG

brazil's defense is great but holy shit are those forwards awful. neymar is an overrated piece of shit, fred is useless, so is paulinho, so is jo, hulk is a wanker, jesus christ

also ochoa is a beast, like goddamn

Edited by fuccboi

Half of Brazil's team sound like they could play for Sutton United - Fred, Joe, Bernard, and Paul 'Paulinho' Stubbs, the fat bloke down the pub who does annoying ball tricks and claims to be a reject from the Southend academy

what happened to names like Socrates ffs

Half of Brazil's team sound like they could play for Sutton United - Fred, Joe, Bernard, and Paul 'Paulinho' Stubbs, the fat bloke down the pub who does annoying ball tricks and claims to be a reject from the Southend academy

don't insult me, I wouldn't even take Fred

alright time for Russia vs Korea

I pegged South Korea to make it through the group.

I've changed my mind. Now I think someone should go on the field with a pistol and execute one defender on each team.

It was worse than the fucking dire Nigeria-Iran match for the first 65 minutes or so. Then Akinfeev manages a... geometrically improbable fumble. It was amazing. Football is alive.

brazil's defense is great but holy shit are those forwards awful. neymar is an overrated piece of shit, fred is useless, so is paulinho, so is jo, hulk is a wanker, jesus christ

also ochoa is a beast, like goddamn

i disagree with you about neymar, but the rest is spot-on. shame that paulinho used to be a very good player not so long ago.

what happened to names like Socrates ffs

you made my day. bernard was decent for a half time sub

now that i think about it the best br players had the weirdest names - zico, careca (means bald. the guy had hair), rivaldo, romário, tostão. the list goes on and on.

i disagree with you about neymar, but the rest is spot-on. shame that paulinho used to be a very good player not so long ago.

you made my day. bernard was decent for a half time sub

now that i think about it the best br players had the weirdest names - zico, careca (means bald. the guy had hair), rivaldo, romário, tostão. the list goes on and on.

mfw garrincha

Edited by fuccboi