WORLD CUP 2014

Parrhesia

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hvae you guys been watching the friendlies btw?

watching germany v cameroon on stream right now, I haven't really seen any of the other ones.

also, you guys hear about the qatar shit flinging contest going on right now?

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/fifa/article1417325.ece?CMP=SOC-appshare-AAAA002208019-other-and-1.9

453c528fb8.jpg

uh

otherwise germany are being held 0-0 by CAMEROON right now at half time and Ozil looks... shaky.

edit: germany 2-2 cameroon at full time

Edited by Tryhard

[06:00:35 p.m.] Guillermo: yo parrhesia, hear how cameroon ended 2-2 germany?

[06:00:41 p.m.] Parrhesia: i did not

[06:00:42 p.m.] Parrhesia: i am elated

[06:00:49 p.m.] Guillermo: CAMEROON ARE THE BOYS

[06:00:57 p.m.] Uomo senza nome: that was a cool game

[06:01:00 p.m.] Parrhesia: yo necktie, hear how IT'S COMING HOME

[06:01:11 p.m.] Uomo senza nome: especially b/c cameroon goalie was wearing all pink

[06:01:13 p.m.] Guillermo: bite my argentine ass

p.s. paraguay strong lol

Edited by fuccboi

CAMEROON PRIDE
(seriously though it'd be amazing if they finished 2nd in their group at least)

greece drawing 0-0 with portugal I can only imagine how riveting that game was

now have a scottish song for the 1978 world cup - watch out argentina

least we can have a laugh

(don't tell me of the 8 times they've failed to progress from the group stages, it's too painful)

Edited by Tryhard

i haven't really been paying much attention, actually. just hearing highlights and results.

also, you guys hear about the qatar shit flinging contest going on right now?

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/uk_news/fifa/article1417325.ece?CMP=SOC-appshare-AAAA002208019-other-and-1.9

I happened to hear on the radio that people were going, "wait a minute. We're going to have the world cup in Qatar, the Middle East, in the middle of summer? That'll fucking kill somebody!" And everybody was waiting for them to delay it half a year for winter there, or otherwise change things up so they wouldn't be playing in the Middle East in the middle of fucking summer.

Well...

Edited by Rehab

I happened to hear on the radio that people were going, "wait a minute. We're going to have the world cup in Qatar, the Middle East, in the middle of summer? That'll fucking kill somebody!" And everybody was waiting for them to delay it half a year for winter there, or otherwise change things up so they wouldn't be playing in the Middle East in the middle of fucking summer.

Well...

the other problem is that FIFA is a corrupt piece of shit organization.

Gary Lineker dived twice against Cameroon but this redeems him as a human being imo

Australia would make a great location for the World Cup - you've have to imagine we'd be ready in that time, and we'd probably nick a bunch more rugby stadia too. Worked for the US. We have proper temperature. We're hosting the Asian Cup like a few months after we get eradicted from win the World Cup, so that'll be good practice if it all pans out.

I think it might happen.

Edited by Parrhesia

Yea, having the World Cup here in Australia would be awesome, or at least awesome when compared to bloody Quatar. They dont even have stadiums there yet. And it would do great to promote the game here since it aint that big comparred to AFL and cricket

Yea, having the World Cup here in Australia would be awesome, or at least awesome when compared to bloody Quatar. They dont even have stadiums there yet. And it would do great to promote the game here since it aint that big comparred to AFL and cricket

And the one they were building for the cup has supposedly already cost some impoverished workers their lives :{

QUESTION

did jozy altidore score against azerbaijan probably turkey

ANSWER

iHTDC8BgvPfjg.gif

no.

Edited by Parrhesia

I'm amazed how he managed to leave one turkey player sprawling on the ground before falling over and kicking the ball lightly in the general direction of the goal

and it seems like he kinda just gives up at the end (was it a foul?)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/worldcup/2014/06/01/jozy-altidore-jurgen-klinsmann-goals/9848009/

Edited by Tryhard

He tried to home run a touchdown using a three-footed curveball but the goaltender caught the line drive in his mitts

I wonder if anyone is still trying to say that the problem was that Sunderland's wingers (aka players as good as Johnson and Giaccherini) were in fact Worse and Not As Good At providing 'service' to altidore whereas true red white and blue americans like Brek 'Three Appearances For Stoke' Shea would give him All The Service

Edited by Parrhesia

other results: bosnia managed to beat mexico 1-0, maybe cameroon have a chance

greece drew with nigeria 0-0, riveting game I'm sure (again)

will Argentina be able to defeat the mighty forces of Trinidad & Tobago?

Edited by Tryhard

Teams that cannot score against Nigeria: Greece

Teams that can score against Nigeria: Tahiti

italy also drew 1-1 against Luxembourg

the dutch managed to grab a 2-0 win over WALES

"What is Antonio Valencia doing?! The Manchester United reacts angrily to an over zealous tackle from Streling by grappling the Liverpool forward by the neck and shoving him away.

Unsurprisingly he is sent off, but ridiculously so is Sterling for his innocent looking role in the incident."

friendly not so friendly - full time 2-2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbJoqdJXEyU

(sterling wasn't so innocent I dunno what they're talking about - not a red card sure but that tackle was shit)

also ecuador's second goal is perfect to their credit - also scrappy goals

Edited by Tryhard