Lunatic+/Apotheosis Run Help

Minmaxing noob and optimizing noob as well so please bear with me on this. Also note that this will be my first Lunatic+ run, I've practiced a couple times on Lunatic and I think now is the time to ruin my life. I'll just list what DLC I have so you guys know my resources and whatnot.

-Champions of Yore 1

-The Golden Gaffe

-EXPonential Growth

-Lost Bloodlines 1/2/3

-Smash Brethren 2

-Rogues & Redeemers 3

-Harvest/Summer/Hot-Spring Scramble

-Future Past 1/2/3

-Apotheosis

I plan on immediately grinding my characters right after hitting chapter 4 by getting my Lunatic file avatar into my logbook and grabbing a bunch of paragons to level fast. After individual leveling I'll be pairing up characters as I get them when their partners are available and now that's where I'm stuck. I don't really have a good idea for class pathing or optimal pairings either. If possible though, I would like to marry Cordelia so I can have Morgan and Severa as my daughters. I would also prefer to not just have a bunch of the same class if possible since I do like variety. If some people could help me on how I should go about doing Lunatic+ that'd be great since I don't want to go into this completely blind. Any help would be great, thanks.

Play on casual mode. This allows you to send units out to buy time for avatar and Frederick, as well as distract enemies from Chrom. You decrease the number of unbeatable outcomes by orders of magnitude if you don't need to protect units. This is your perfect army file, not the file where you prove how good you are at Fire Emblem.

+spd/-luk is a decent compromise between not making the early game too frustrating and being good for min/maxing. You do not want to use +def/-luk because while that makes the early game much easier, the +def is a bad asset for min/maxing.

Class pathing:

If you're open to recruiting logbook characters, then this is unimportant, because you can just pull some super einherjars out of the logbook and crush through the chapters once you get Golden Gaffe. Keep in mind, however, that you can't get rid of einherjars in a casual file, because there's no permanent death.

If you don't want to use einherjar (I didn't):

tactician 20 (forced because of how much you'll end up relying on avatar)

myrmidon 10 (pick up Vantage)

merc 10 (pick up Armthrift)

hero 10 (pick up Sol)

sorcerer (to use Nosferatu)

This gives you a good setup for tanking through L+ battles.

Edited by Raftina

Won't be the one to judge. As this mode is complete BS. Don't relie on my guide as it required Casual to get through. Since your playing this on Classic....Interceptor's log will help alot as well as SOC's vids.

It is however necessary to use Renown up to Bullion(L) and buying spotpass items to bring the luck factoring down. In the necessary playlog, Interceptor will guide you through the game whenever that you are having trouble. In chapters 2, 3, and 25, prepare to reset alot.

Beginning=Too Luck Dependant

Mid=Fun

End=Brutal

I would suggest trying "Sickle To The Sword" first before 5 to get your characters started! Don't use more than 8 characters unless you have Paragon. I would highly suggest Leif Blades for it's high crits to thwart Counter early in the game as well as getting some well needed money. Use Bow classes to deal with Counter as they won't retaliate maiming themselves in the process. Classes that are good in this mode...

-Assassin

-Bow Knight

-Sniper

-Warrior

-Dark Magic User

Characters that are good for this mode in no grind....

-Chrom

Tough to get him going in the beginning.

-MU

Needed to get through the beginning. Give the character Def+ and either Luck, or Skill for it's flaw.

-Lissa

There with you alot more and for staff utility. Only make her a Valkyrie

-Maribelle

More useful than you think and for staff utility. Only make her a Valkyrie.

-Miriel

A Sage is what she should be in the end.

Sumia/Cordelia

-They might help with their good Speed and Luck.

Tharja

-With her good Def and Mag, she'd be great to thwart Counters with Nosferatu's. She needs this to keep from being deadweight. Mire also stops Counter as well.

Henry

-Tharja's log.

DLC Micaiah

-If you have Champion's Of Yore 3, she will be very helpful in this mode. She's not ranked Uber tier for nothing. Being able to use Swords/Staves in addition to dark magic makes her a wonderful ally. Make her a Sage in the end to have her outclass Miriel in every way.

Olivia

-Suggested for her boosts and giving out extra turns.

Anna

-For pilfering treasure.

Gregor

-Because he's bro and makes a great Assassin in the end. Give him Goddess Statues though to keep his Armsthrift in check.

Also, Armsthrift is...very, very, important if you don't plan to use the Gaffe episode to get your gold.

Edited by Barbie

I have already run a DLC grinding enabled L+ CLA with DEF flaw.

The strategy is simply based on Frederick Emblem.

All you need is RNG manipulating your Frederick's SPD growth on his every Lv UP.

Frederick/Chrom should be available to double all enemies of Ch.3's first wave.

After Ch.3, sell Supreme Emblem and buy a self-StreetPass MU from your 2nd 3DS console.

If you don't have a 2nd 3DS console, buy a well-trained SpotPass unit instead.

If you don't have either Renown 99999 or a well-trained SpotPass unit, then use Frederick Emblem and try your luck to beat Ch.4.

Frederick Emblem only brings you to Ch.4, since Frederick isn't tough enough to tank the later chapters.

But since you're gonna do the minmaxing in L+, only Frederick Emblem allows you choosing the -Def MU.

Edited by MelonGx

Thanks for the replies guys. So what I'm thinking is that I want to really go for the post-game and have all the characters unlocked and in my army.

Starting with my own character, I'm thinking Speed/Defense is best for my asset/flaw since Frederick will be the one tanking everything until I start grinding so that's okay right? I'm thinking I might do Lunatic Casual first and then maybe do Classic with different pairings but I'll think about that when the time comes. But let's just assume we're talking about Classic anyways.

On to pairings that I think are quite good, but not sure if they're good enough. I will be keeping MU x Cordelia as my main units though since I want them to be godlike.

So anyways these are the pairings I have in my head so far:

Chrom x Olivia

Frederick x Cherche

Ricken x Miriel

Gaius x Tharja

Kellam x Nowi

Libra x Lissa

And I'm undecided on the rest so I'd like help on that if possible. I also want to make a couple rallybots and apparently Lissa is a good one as a bride or(?) with nice caps and such. But yeah, I still consider myself quite lost as to what skills to pass down, main 5 skills, etc. so if someone could give me some ideas that would be really great, thanks.

Chrom x Olivia: Good for Inigo. Lucina lacks Tomefaire. (But there is another story that if Olivia!Lucina can do at least 10 damage per hit in the front, Olivia!Lucina/Vaike!Gerome!Morgan can tank the entire Apotheosis SR, without counting accuracy failures.)

Frederick x Cherche: Gerome lacks Axefaire for General and Bowfaire for Warrior. Suggest switching Frederick to either of Vaike, Gregor, Stahl.

Ricken x Miriel: Since you have Libra x Lissa, this is OK.

Gaius x Tharja: Good.

Kellam x Nowi: OK.

Libra x Lissa: Good if you want Vantage+Vengeance Owain. OK if you don't make it intentionally. Personally I prefer Luna Owain to Vengeance Owain because Vengeance needs preperation but Luna doesn't.

Sully: Since you used Gaius, Donnel is the only choice.

Sumia: Pick up Henry.

Panne: If you use Stahl on Cherche, then pick up Frederick. If you don't use Stahl on Cherche, then pick up Stahl.

Maribelle: Lon'qu for the best mod.

After that, let's see your children balance.

Lucina: Physical > Magical

Kjelle: Physical > Magical

Cynthia: Magical

Severa: Magical > Physical, but she needs physical class to play non-LB Apo runs which also requires Berserker husband

Morgan-F: Magical > Physical, but she needs physical class to play non-LB Apo runs which also requires Berserker husband

Noire: Physical > Magical

Nah: Magical > Physical

Owain: Magical

Inigo: Physical

Brady: Magical

Gerome: Physical

Yarne: Physical

Laurent: Magical

Generally it's balanced enough.

But if you wanna play a non-LB Apo run, then you'll have 5 Physical girls which makes it pretty unbalanced.

For ordinary usages:

Owain x Severa / Morgan

Inigo x Kjelle

Brady x Cynthia

Gerome x Noire / Lucina

Yarne x Noire / Lucina

Laurent x Severa / Morgan

(Nah is benched)

For non-LB Apo run:

Owain x Lucina

Inigo x Nah

Brady x Cynthia

Gerome x Severa

Yarne x Morgan

Laurent x Noire

(Kjelle is benched)

Edited by MelonGx

He's got RaR3 so LB is on the table.

Passdowns: females with Galeforce and male children should always pass Galeforce. Females with DS+ and male children but no Galeforce should pass down DS+. If Panne doesn't marry a husband with Wyvern, she should pass down Str+2 or Swordbreaker. Gaius should pass Sol. Barbarian fathers should pass Axefaire unless there's absolutely no chance of it coming in handy even when training, and then pass either Despoil or anything. Everyone else doesn't matter.

Rallybots: leave that duty to the Spotpass/DLC characters. The best Rallybot class is Falco because 8 mov + flying, and they can use staves in an emergency.