Pokemon Anime Discussion

Anacybele

Oh, does anybody remember Hunter J's death? #darkstuff

Her death just felt anit-climactic and out of place. Yeah they really didn't have much left they could do with her but still, her getting hauled off like the rest of the villains would have fit much better.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I legitimately enjoy the Indigo League and Orange Islands series. They were a lot of fun to watch and the show's tropes and such were cute and silly and fun. I didn't watch anything from Johto through Sinnoh, though I watched a few episodes of Best Wishes for the sake of writing episode summaries for a website and I felt the season was fairly awful from what I saw and had no notion to watch it further. I did get roped into watching XY, and that at least has been amusing from what I've seen so far. Having the silly Kojiro/Musashi back is the best part, really. I've kind of tapered off watching it (I haven't seen any new episodes since Corni split from the group), but I'll probably pick it back up again at some point when I feel like watching something silly and unserious.

My favourite season (they ARE seasons,right?) is Kanto-Orange Islands.Ash had a better personality and actually ACTED like a ten year old.The other reasons I can't explain for some reason.Maybe because it's nostalgic.Very nostalgic.

I legitimately enjoy the Indigo League and Orange Islands series. They were a lot of fun to watch and the show's tropes and such were cute and silly and fun. I didn't watch anything from Johto through Sinnoh, though I watched a few episodes of Best Wishes for the sake of writing episode summaries for a website and I felt the season was fairly awful from what I saw and had no notion to watch it further. I did get roped into watching XY, and that at least has been amusing from what I've seen so far. Having the silly Kojiro/Musashi back is the best part, really. I've kind of tapered off watching it (I haven't seen any new episodes since Corni split from the group), but I'll probably pick it back up again at some point when I feel like watching something silly and unserious.

I agree, Kanto/Orange felt like a legitimately fun kids show sort of like the beginning of Avatar. Johto is when the show gets bogged down by repetitive filler episode and Misty and Brock never go through any character development from that point onward.

Hoenn and Sinnoh are a bit better if only because May and Dawn actually develop as characters and are treated as more important than just token sidekick companions like the others. Serena's been rather disappointing in comparison.

Personally, I prefer the Unova anime to the Kalos one.

I mean, Unova has some of my favorite Pokemon ever, but the 70 new Kalos got my favorite, Heliolisk out in like episode 9.

Also: Iris and Cilan > Serena and Clemont.

Although I do have Gen V bias.

In my opinion: Hoenn > Sinnoh > Johto > Kanto > Unova (the writing held it back) > Kalos

To Me: Misty = May = Dawn > Iris > Serena
Male Companions: Brock > Cilan = Tracey (he was so underdeveloped because fans screeched for Brock) > Clemont.

I love May, Misty, and Dawn all SOOOO much.

For one, Rachel Lillis and Veronica Taylor were like the best actresses ever. i miss lillis' jessie so much