Issues inserting map sprites

TytoCorvus

I'm having an issue with Map Sprite editing. I understand that it's very similar to item icon editing where you save the bitmap of the icons used in-game, edit them with Usenti so you don't accidentally warp the palettes, and then put it back into the game. However, every time I attempt to edit a map sprite then return it to the game, it returns an error where it says the new file is larger than the old file (even though they're the same size). I followed all of the steps in the Ultimate Tutorial, and it suggests to place it somewhere else in the ROM where there is free space. I put it there (with GBAGE's reset pointers box checked) and it allows insertion but messes up the palette of what i inserted (not what was there originally, i didn't insert a palette). i'm 100% certain that what i'm inserting doesn't have any colors that aren't in the map sprites' palette, i double and triple checked using FEditor, GBAGE, and APE. Anyone know perhaps a solution to the issue i've been having?

Nice! that fixed the issue immediately. I think the issue i was having was i requantized the palette to make sure i had the right number of colors in Usenti, and although it didn't appear to change the image it must have somehow.

Thank you!