[FE8] Affinity Spam Draft

Drafting:
1. This draft is for 4 players.
2. Eirika/Ephraim, Orson, Tethys, and Myrrh are free for all to use.
3. Seth is banned from all use.
4. The game will be played on Hard Mode.

5. Last round of drafting is tentatively reversed (ie. 12344321 -> 4321)

Rules:

1. Following the draft, choose two non-dark affinities. Your team may only use drafted units from the chosen affinities, plus dark. Drafted units of other affinities act like undrafted units.
2. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories and dig up items in the desert.
3. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, opening Doors or Chests, and visiting villages.
4. Map shopping is allowed.
5. Skirmishes/use of the Tower or Ruins is disallowed. Skirmishes that are blocking your path may be activated and immediately fled from.
6. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

7: burning an rn to complete the prologue in 2 turns brings shame on me and on your entire family

Penalties:
1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.
2. Seth has a special 8 turn penalty per chapter.

Exceptions:

1. Vanessa may be used to rescue Ross in chapter 2.

2. The Tower may be used to train Amelia to 10/1 and Ewan to 10/5

Teams:

1. Genarog - Vanessa (A), Moulder (A), Gilliam (T), Duessel (A), Knoll (D), Dozla (T), Amelia (T)

2. General Horace - Franz (L), Ross (F), Garcia (F), Cormag (F), L'Arachel (L), Colm (L), Ewan (L) (100 turns)

3. Baldrick - Tana (W), Saleh (W), Joshua (W), Lute (A), Forde (W), Rennac (D), Neimi (F) (162 turns)

4. SwordofAeons - Kyle (I), Artur (I), Gerik (T), Syrene (T), Natasha (I), Innes (I), Marisa (I)

[spoiler=units remaining]

Nobody here but us chickens!

Edited by SwordofAeons

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sure, wynaut

i'll join (i assume multiple people can have the same affinity since there are only 6 not including dark i think... right?)

Yep, it just means your options might be more constrained if there's competition for a particular affinity.

dont care if light is horrible otherwise, Franz is worth it.

oh, Baldrick PM'd me his next pick, which was Tana! Don't let him take Saleh

Edited by General Horace

I knew Vanessa would still be top, since she's got some nice partners in Anima. Was curious if someone would bite on Franz, though, hope Light works out for ya!

Was hoping Tana + Saleh would make it back to me :<

An argument could be made for Forde + Saleh, or even Moulder + Duessel/Lute, but I think I'll keep my options open and start in on Ice. Grabbing Kyle and Artur.

I was certain you would take Gerik so's I was considering Joshua myself. Turns out he supports with every Ice character except Kyle, who knew?

But in this case, I'll take Gerik and Syrene. Pegs are my favorite class; gotta have at least one!

Edited by SwordofAeons

OH Baldrick PM'd me a short list again! For this round only (im pretty sure)

He takes Lute!

I'll take CORMAG

EPHRAIM ROUTE IS TOTALLY FASTER I KNOW IT

the jokes on you guys Eirika and Ephraim are light and fire respectively

Edited by General Horace

Looking at it, I think the last round is supposed to be reversed? I'll defer to the more experienced drafters, though, since that's not in the standard rules.

Horace, Tethys is Fire, too ; ] . Playing to the theme, I see.

It's been so long since i've done an FE8 draft, but I think the last round is reversed because being firstpick is already such an advantage in these drafts.

But really it's up to you, you're the host! (and you're last so it'd help you the most :P)

the list baldrick PM'd me still has some units on it, but he did say it was for the next round, so I don't think i'll pick for him.

the pick he has listed also confuses me to thinking he got the affinity wrong or something so i'll just leave it for now.

Nah, Lute made sense in a way, he needed early units and there was still Duessel hanging around at the time too, but its the next pick on his list that confuses me.

actually it makes sense now, if you had taken lute, selecting another affinity makes a lot more sense since he wouldn't have had anima :facepalm:

Edited by General Horace