I miss Anor Londo

Nobody

I'm playing dark souls 2 right now and I'm so sad there's no area similar to anor londo.
I kind of want to go play the original Dark Souls again, but I have to beat DS2 =(

Hey I recently played through Anor Londo in Dark Souls. I quite liked the area, but Smough and Ornstein, damn. Thank God for Solaire.

Right now I need to fight the Four Kings and then go Catacombs. Urgh...I don't like New Londo Ruins. At least I don't have to go back to Blighttown again (I hope).

Anor Londo was great, the whole level design in DS (1) was better.

But I miss something else (DSII got its fair share of improvements, but in some areas they took a step back) - unlike DS there aren't really challenging boss fights ;_;

The souls series isn't really about the bosses though. :L

What is it about then? PvP, exploration, the "trash mobs"? Bosses are nonetheless part of the game and, while there are plenty of bosses, they didn't put enough effort into this part of the game.

I had more PvP in the forest and Oolacile, that's why the most recognizable trait about Anor Londo (for me at least) is "the" boss fight. Well, in addition the level design and ***** Silver Knights with their spears.

Mostly the environment and enemies in your way. Even in DS1 the boss fights were fairly simple. Just stuff like O&S and the DLC bosses proved to be fairly challenging.

I can agree with this being the "main part", but imo they shouldn't neglect other parts for it. Bosses are an important part aswell and they are way too repetitive in DS2

Most of the bosses in DS are simple aswell, sure. But I miss these exceptional bosses - hopefully they'll do a comparable DLC for DS2, too.

The only boss that ever kicked my ass up and down the block between Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 2 was Kalameet

hate that guy

anyways I concur regarding DS2 inferior level design, it aint bad at all but it isnt as tight as DS1

I have never defeated Kalameet without magic. The dragon is too mighty.

In terms of variety and uniquene bosses DS2 is definitely lacking in that among other things.

Kalameet isn't hard at all imo. Actually I can think of several bosses harder than Kalameet, I never understood what the big deal with him is.

(Unless you want to cut his tail and kill him afterwards, that was quite annoying at NG+)

sad times

though I do find it funny when people remark on how much "harder" dark souls 1 bosses were - they really weren't that hard (aside from a few, dlc bosses were up there)

more interesting, perhaps

Edited by Tryhard